Reviews for A Moment with My Brother
McRaider chapter 1 . 1/18
Well first chapter and I'm getting misty eyes. Thank you for this, I love me some Charlie/Dean brother sister moments. I wish they'd make her a damn regular on the series.
MeAzrael chapter 16 . 2/9/2014
Now - I imagine the look on your face while the holy bunker crew is busy painting your toe nails - and then the look on Dean's face when he wakes up to see his galactic green toes - and that really makes me smile :-) Loved how you told the scene with Sam's slowly downing comprehension on display, hehe. Nice one!

MeAzrael chapter 15 . 2/9/2014
You're such a master of taking in the atmosphere, the underlaying shades and ripples of emotions when it comes to the bunker crew - it's amazing how the sense of peace and contentment you created is transferring from the screen to me :-) And all the lovely little details, like Dean with his naked feet, which feels very right to me, and Sam simply enjoying life - which I really really would love to see on the show, cause what I've seen last totally sucked ("Sharp Teeth").

That was a perfect fit for my Sunday morning dear!

Jeanne chapter 22 . 1/14/2014
I love these "bunker antics" from Charlie's point of view! I hope you get the inspiration to write some more.
Memory25 chapter 15 . 12/17/2013
Well...I like some of the stuff here, but sometimes it becomes waaay overboard on the sweet factor and I kind of drown in how SAPPY everything is. Which is pretty much OOC, especially for SPN, because chick flick moments? Anathema. And Charlie really isn't the sappy type of gal, so I keep imagining her as someone else. I mean, she's a lesbian supernerd LARPer. All this 'my brother, my brother' is getting kind of overboard, especially after repeated chapters. One or two chapters, I can understand, but when every single chapter goes the way of starry-eyed worship (which Charlie Bradbury just DOESN'T DO) it becomes...

pretty much vomit-worthy.
MeAzrael chapter 14 . 12/17/2013
Boy, this must've been a glorious moment for Sam. I tried to imagine Dean's dirty secret - and it sure was fun to think about the possibilities - but this? Never thought it would be such a shocking revelation ;-)
Thumper... hehehe!

MeAzrael chapter 13 . 12/17/2013
LOL and LOL again :-) Not only that Dean lost... playing cards... against a girl! Only Charlie would make his defeat just a feast for our minds - teehee. She didn't cheat though - nooooooooooo - never.

MeAzrael chapter 12 . 12/17/2013
Aw - now I'm the one to say "sniff" - but with a smile on my face. Touching and wonderful - especially the lines about how Dean can't see himself like others see him and how that needs to be changed. And then: what a glorious idea for a birthday gift - so very special. Kudos - again!

Saosa chapter 22 . 11/28/2013
I love it
MeAzrael chapter 11 . 11/26/2013
Perfect start! "It's Thursday afternoon. No one is bleeding or bruised." That sets the tone like nothing else :-) And then that rather girly banter between them about shampoo and shirts - so cute.
My favorite line? Then one about Dean's eyes: :"They are green in a way that would make Faberge weep and alive with the very essence of his soul." Sigh! And I love the vivid colours of enamel - it's unique! Just like Dean ;-)

MeAzrael chapter 10 . 11/26/2013
Aw, I totally adored this one – an adolescent dragon, huh? I'm glad Dean found out how to handle it - loved your evocative writing with the purr-chirp-whistle stuff and all the lovely allusions. I just hope the little dragon won't keep him as his most precious - err - preeeciousssssssssss!

MeAzrael chapter 9 . 11/26/2013
Hehe - you know, I guessed it could be something like that. A very unusual idea for recycling, but in the end it's a nice thought that something remains, even if it's just a gravestone :-) And for all the times Dean was smashed and thrown against these marble relics it's just fair to treat them with a knife for a change.

MeAzrael chapter 8 . 11/19/2013
Yay! Star Wars and the scene with the garbage mashers - huh, big time :-)) Lovely image, hunters and angel sitting on the couch discussing the matter. And then the atmosphere at the breakfast - so cute. Another great chapter dear!

MeAzrael chapter 7 . 11/19/2013
Jeez, I wanted to put him under the blankets myself when I read your lines - he seemed so miserable. Perfect idea, to mention that photo but not saying who's on it (though of course I guessed it :-) Charlie isn't quite the motherly type but she has a heart big enough to give Dean what he's yearning for.

MeAzrael chapter 6 . 11/19/2013
Really wonderful "job" Bev - a typical Winchester situation and here comes Charlie and sorts it out and helps to make them understand the obvious. Loved all that was revealed by a few words - like "Won't?" ... "Can't". Sniff :-(