Reviews for Dark Affliction
OllyOllyOxycodone chapter 1 . 6/16
This had a lot of potential, but fell tremendously short because of one thing. The lack of communication. The majority of the drama in this story could've been avoided had the characters explained themselves.
Superpsych96 chapter 80 . 5/29
You're just going to leave us hanging like this?
Gaelas chapter 39 . 5/22
I should clarify;
I love the story here, but a lack of communication as a plot device has always been something that infuriates me. The fact that conversations are interrupted and never finished (almost every time!) is wrong. And people that are hurt, time after time again, do not return to apologize for hurting the other person, especially not if the victim is "jaded".
The personal conflict that the characters go through is good, hell, its something to look for in good characters, but the plot holes abound in regards to the "romance".
But, again, the adventure and plot turns are great storytelling.
Gaelas chapter 32 . 5/22
This isn't romance, its angst. Bad, angry, teenage angst. The two who love her refuse to help her, and nobody knows how to speak, or listen.
Plus, Azriel is being a bitch by not sleeping or eating. Or delegating.
Stupid fucking pride all around. I'll keep reading though, I just hope it gets better, SOON, or I'll have to stop, simply for my own sanity.
Superpsych96 chapter 54 . 5/19
Did you really think you could quote Mad World by Tears For Fears and nobody would notice? That's only one of my favorites!
Superpsych96 chapter 33 . 5/16
I'm usually not one for polygamous stories, but if that's where this is going, I'm cool with that.
awesomeness-rocks chapter 80 . 3/28
That cliff hanger before being abandoned though...
awesomeness-rocks chapter 67 . 3/28
Bad assery moment
Draco Oblivion chapter 80 . 3/12
... Is this really Eamal, it's not right? I love your story but I'm not sure my poor heart can take it :'(
Draco Oblivion chapter 79 . 3/12
So Azriel has her eyesight back? Blindness really is just a temporary setback for her isn't it? I suppose it was just minor damage from the Elder Scrolls then... Or maybe her own power healed it?
"will there be enough wolf's bane to compete the serum for two?" That's too cruel
Aw Lydia's crushing on young Idgrod. They never get a moments peace do they?
Draco Oblivion chapter 76 . 3/12
She still hasn't merged all of herself? I'm kind of worried about how much of Azriel will be left by the end of this story. She's already little more than scars and now she's lost her sight (again) how much more will be taken from her? An arm? A leg?
Draco Oblivion chapter 75 . 3/11
"Serana and Valerica can explore the place, I'll remain with you." Great idea, split up in the same manner as Azriel's vision of being attacked...
Aela isn't really trying to convince Azriel to show their mother in law more respect is she? I suppose she doesn't know as much about the ritual as Azriel but Valerica is clearly the more antagonistic of the two as well as being the elder and having less weight on her shoulders.
How did the vampire's figure to look for them in some forgotten Grotto?
Draco Oblivion chapter 74 . 3/11
"You think he got the point?" I fucking hope so, he asked enough questions
Damn, things are falling apart. Azriel's snapping at her lady friends, Movarth's leaving, vampire assassins are flooding Skyrim, Astrid threatened Azriel and is starting the Dark Brotherhood questline and apparently the Emperor's guards are compromised (not that he really matters at this point).
Draco Oblivion chapter 73 . 3/11
This is getting complicated, even made me translate Dovahzul to see if I was missing something important
Draco Oblivion chapter 72 . 3/11
At least Aela knows who to blame. The ought to be happy that Azriel insisted it not go to a Stormcloak supporter. Not sure how I feel about them just expecting Azriel to command Dragons to do tasks for them though