Reviews for Fighting Fires
The-KLF chapter 6 . 1/6/2017
This is so great! Big dollops of angst topped with the sweetest sprinkles of fluffy lovey dovey stuff, really cute. Thank you for writing and sharing!
Talitarintti chapter 6 . 2/6/2016
What a sweet story, thank you for this! I would like to read more Mal / Inara stories from you!
kateziva chapter 6 . 1/1/2015
Gosh I loved this! You made me cry
Nneave chapter 6 . 9/17/2014
Thank you for this story, it's beautiful. Very well written and in keeping with the characters. The story was believable and flowed well, it really made me feel for them and to sort it out. Well done xx
virtualJBgirl chapter 6 . 9/11/2014
The fifth chapter was delightful, this kiss was... like both of them: impetuous, complete, passionate, an urge they can't fight. But during the previous conversation, Inara's words were too abrupt while Mal was nicer than usual: I don't think this is Inara's nature, even in Mal's presence.
Here, I love the way she kisses Mal in front of the policemen, 'for the greater good', ahah!
Very sweet story then, thanks!
virtualJBgirl chapter 2 . 9/11/2014
OMG! Their last words tear me apart! They're not able to say what they need to say, but they're not either able to read between the lines. I love the way you show this, the way you write their frustrated and tortured love. Your story makes me dream as if I watch an episode of Firefly! (and sorry for the grammatical mistakes, I'm french...!)
Sanctuaria chapter 6 . 8/12/2014
Sweet story. I'm a little sad for Zoe, but that's to be expected after the BDM. You captured Mal, Inara, and River perfectly, and I had to laugh out loud at several points as I was reading. You also got that state where you love the person but just can't seem to stop insulting them no matter how good your intentions are in the beginning and always dissolves into a fight really well. Wonderful story!
Big Dave chapter 6 . 5/1/2014
Most of the Mal-Inara fics are just smarmy. This one I (a 65 year-old man) thoroughly enjoyed. You didn't deal with Jayne, or much with Simon, but I liked Zoe, Kaylee and most of all River. Mal didn't come off as broken beyond repair or too stupid for words, and Inara was done very well indeed. Good job! More stories soon?
Mendip123 chapter 6 . 4/12/2014
Went straight back to the beginning and read it all over again. Having read the other reviews I agree witheaglejarl about plot points but I have to say I didn't think about it as I was reading, which is rare for me! I was totally caught up with how well you wrote these two. The kitchen scene where they hardly speak, but Mal backs down, made me very happy.
Really well told and I hope you have more firefly stories to tell!
Mendip123 chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
So nicely done. Little touches like Inara picking at her sleeve. Great characterisation and I like Zoe getting immediately to the point. :-)
Dina C chapter 6 . 3/16/2014
I enjoyed your story. Really fun to read. Thanks for sharing.
Taila-Tai chapter 6 . 1/24/2014
Loved It... I really enjoyed reading this and a sequel would be mean... although I don't know what it would be about :) Anyway, you write Mal really good and your style of writing was superb... (Who uses that word?)
lilakoyi chapter 6 . 11/16/2013
Loved or story. They were so great on the show. And we could see this story as on episode. Thanks for writing it.
EagleJarl chapter 6 . 11/12/2013
Hmmm. I like the story and I like the ending but a few things niggle at me. Why did they leave the shuttle alone when they thought it had a bomb onboard? Maybe they wanted to deal with it in atmo, but how did they know it wasn't on a timer, or pressure sensitive? It would have been easy to emplace a bomb big enought to destroy Serenity instead of just the shuttle. But, meh, small potatoes.

The part that bothered me is that everyone feels right at the beginning and the end, but not in the middle. Mal would never physically lay hands on a woman. He would never fetch a shotgun and threaten to kill a man with malice aforethought - remember that whole "you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed" thing? And he didn't even kill Atherton Wing although he was totally entitled to, even expected to. Inara...well, I'm not sure I bought the speech she gave at the beginning that Mal overheard. I could see her saying it, but not to a client. It would bruise a man's ego, and that's something I don't see her ever doing by accident.

Despite that, I enjoyed the story a lot and I loved the part at the end where Inara steals all the comm gear for Mal. Nicely done.
EagleJarl chapter 3 . 11/12/2013
Wow. Anaesthetic by insult. There's a technique I doubt they teach at MedAcad on Osiris. Seems to have been effective though.

Inara and Mal are sooooooo getting together. *cheering*