Reviews for The Wall Crumbles
ImpalaLove chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Love love love the metaphor of the wall- it's such powerful imagery and really brings across exactly how much Dean is trying to be strong for his little brother and how much he misses his dad. Again, great work- hope you're not annoyed with a flooded inbox because all of your stories are awesome and I can't help reviewing
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
Hey JoJospn.
That's an iconic early season scene isn't it? When we get to see Dean's fiercely defended vulnerabilities and remember that's he's really still very young and needs his Dad.
How anyone could watch that and not have a lump in their throat I'm sure I don't know.
Jensen does a wonderful job of displaying all that carefully controlled vulnerability and you've done a good job here on expending the scene a wee bit.
well done
DeansBabyBird
Vendelareader chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
YOU MADE ME CRY AGAIN, I recently rewatched season one(I watched 25 episodes of spn in less then 24 h, yes, I'm very proud) and this episode, and let me tell you this fanfic was very much needed. Kudos.
deanstheman chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
That was such a great moment - Jensen so nails the emotional scenes. I really, really liked your writing in this one too - the description of the wall. And as usual, terrific insight. Spot-on characterizations. Sorry about the late reviews - I have been caught up in RL and am still trying to catch up with my updates (reading and writing).
nicitta chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
God, you are so wonderful at depicting emotions! This was really intense and beautifully phrased... I love the way you can get into the heads of characters and make it seem so effortless, you make me as a reader feel as if I was DEAN in this moment. Spectacular job, really!
LilyBolt chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Wow. Just...WOW. This was so incredibly well done! I absolutely love the way you show that Dean's tough-guy demeanor is clearly the "wall" he built up to protect himself from all of the suffering his life has brought him, and the pain of the memories of his old happy life is enough to break the entire thing down. The way you wrote this was very poetic. :) And you captured Dean's fight to maintain emotional control perfectly. You simply nailed the whole weight of that scene from the episode. Excellent work. Really spectacular job! :D
mandancie chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
oh wow! this was really good! :) I loved it so much! :)
jokergirl94 chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Beautiful. This is an awesome character study of how I'm sure Dean was feeling as he made the call to John. It was like as I was reading this I could feel what Dean felt and it was like I was there with him. This story will come to mind the next time I watch this episode and I'm so glad you posted it. Great work!