Reviews for Metamorphose
Acciofics459 chapter 53 . 12/8/2020
This epilogue is beautiful. I started crying when Henri shook herself out of her haze and realized she still had family to love even though Lucas was gone, and I didn't stop smiling from then on.

I read this entire story in two days because it was so captivating and different from anything I've read before. Sure, I've read stories with Harry as a female, Harry as the Master of Death, Harry with Lucius...but none quite like this one, with elements of all of these themes combined in such a fashion.

While I sometimes wanted to know what other characters had been up to at various points throughout the story, I appreciated the ability to experience it all through Harry's/Henri's eyes; this really brought the story full circle in a way that would not have been possible with alternate perspectives. I love that you went so deeply into Henri's mind, particularly regarding her pregnancy and the fears associated with that. It was refreshing to read in a fanfiction about the aftermath of real-life trauma, and how panic attacks and other symptoms of (likely) PTSD can rear their heads at the most inopportune times.

One aspect that I was not completely sold on throughout the story was Henri's seemingly easy acceptance of not only being a woman and transitioning her mindset to align with typically feminine stereotypes, but also the casual spending of exorbitant amounts of money. While I understand that she was thrown into the upper echelons of New York society, forced to interact with high-profile business associates and such, I find it hard to believe she would so quickly come to enjoy the trappings of the elite, given her upbringing and appreciation for the simple things in life. That being said, though, it was wonderful that her family (the Weasleys) accepted her once she was able to contact them, and quickly adapted to her changes (even if it was, in large part, due to Lucius' spell).

Finally, and I suppose this ties into my last point, I liked that the courting period between Henri and Lucas was so drawn out - I think this greatly aided Henri in getting accustomed to a very different lifestyle from what she was used to, as well as figuring out what it was that she really wanted (Lucas, of course). I also enjoyed reading all the tender moments they shared, whether they were getting used to each other and "testing for compatibility" prior to their wedding (haha, as if there were ever a doubt!), or building up to the first time they had sex. That time in particular was impactful for me, as it really showed both of them being very nervous at various times throughout that encointer. That only made the outcome sweeter as they slowly realized that they did, in fact, both love each other, were both nervous, and they were in this together and would continue to be so.

I definitely did not intend for this review to get so long, but I really wanted to show my appreciation for so many aspects of this story. I have loved reading it, and I can see myself rereading it in the future. Thank you so much.
Minna chapter 53 . 12/2/2020
A lovely story
And I cried a river at the ending
ShanaeLLie chapter 53 . 11/3/2020
Author-san, out of all the endings I've read, this is the ending that made me cry... Your story's very worthy of an applause.
Twilighy chapter 53 . 9/19/2020
omg! i cried! love you author for making this wonderful story 3
Twilighy chapter 16 . 9/18/2020
oh my! i love how the Romance is gradual. i love slow romance because the leads will have the character development and foundation.

ohhh how i hate those love at first sight things, those kind of relationship doesn't have the foundation and will cause more disagreements.
Mountain-Tenshi chapter 53 . 4/16/2020
This is a f cking masterpiece! I have loved every single chapter of this story and I will prob read it again in the future!
Pyrdiu Lefquo chapter 53 . 2/15/2020
I have to say, I was reluctant to start it, and not very confident in the Harry/Lucius pairing. Having said that, the time you took to lay down the foundation of their relationship, and the hardship, struggle, and difference in initial morals made the eventual relationship bot only make sense, but feel like it was inevitable.

The romance was grand, and it swept me up in bot only the big moments, but also in the kisses, the flirting, and the domestic feel of the two as a married couple.

In later chapters, where Henri gets pregnant and has to deal with her emotions regarding the children, your ability to convey her panic and give tiny hints as to the reason was admirable. when Henri saw her babies during the ultrasound, I admit that I was a bit emotional.

At the end, I was brought tears by Henri's thoughts and feelings, and her passing. Even as I write this and think back on it, I get a bit choked up. Well done.

As for some constructive criticism, you could do with running a comb through the story to pick out little spelling errors and grammar mistakes. There are also some tiny continuity breaks which temporarily snapped me out of your created world. I believe at one time, Lucas referred to Henri out loud as both Harry and Henri in the same paragraph.

Even with all that, you told an amazing story. I will be looking through the rest of your works. Great job.
Thumper56 chapter 53 . 1/13/2020
Lovely, lovely story. Sniffle, thank you!
Lilias Peverell chapter 53 . 1/4/2020
I feel like Henri's children were named appropriately because Freyas like a Norse goddess of love or beauty or something Artemis is the Greek goddess of the hunt the moon and maidens and Athena is the goddess of wisdom warfare strategy and crafts
ChiDead chapter 53 . 12/31/2019
A truly beautiful and sweet journey.
Lin-Dragon-Dreyer chapter 53 . 11/25/2019
I WAS BAWLING MY EYES OUT IT WAS JUST SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL! THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS STORY! EVEN THOUGH IT BROKE MY HEART IN DIFFERENT WAYS IT ALSO MENDED IT IN SO MANY OTHERS, YOU ARE AMAZING! THANK YOU! YOU HAVE JUST GAINED A HUGE FAN OF YOUR WRITING JUST FROM THIS STORY ALONE! THANK YOU!

. . . PLEASE EXCUSE THE ALL CAPS. THE BUTTON IS BROKEN.
HadrianaBlack chapter 53 . 7/14/2019
This was absolutely fantastic! I bawled like a baby at the end. I have read a lot of Harry Potter fanfiction but this has to be one of my favorites. 3
RogueAthienian chapter 53 . 6/5/2019
I'm not crying you're crying

Seriously good fic, i've not cried at fiction for a very long time, and that ending.. Wow thank you so much
a7152966 chapter 53 . 5/24/2019
this sat in my library for the longest time because, eh, it just didn't click with my mood at the time, but I know it's something I should like. finally read it, and let me just say, wow. I started reading this the night before my day off, and I was so mad that I had house chores to do. I couldn't stop reading this any time I have to spare. thank you for sharing this amazing story, I greatly enjoyed it.
Evesgreenleaf chapter 53 . 4/12/2019