Reviews for Steadfast
R.BB Dude chapter 6 . 1/21
Even if this is on hiatus or canceled, PLEASE DON'T DELETE IT! In Flight's treatment of Saber and Rin made me so sad, I can only read up to chapter 38 and after that... Nope, read 39 on once and that's enough for me.

Rin and Saber forever!
Morgoslos chapter 6 . 12/8/2017
I think the Odell thing was an unnecessary complication, as was the bit about Sekirei being falsely labeled as terminated.

It's also been over four years since the last update, so I guess there was really no point in making my opinion known. The story is probably dead at this point.

If nothing else, I appreciate the food for my imagination that you provided with having Saber and Rin stick around. I feel like Gabriel really mishandled that entire situation and put too much emphasis on making Rin cold-hearted and manipulative (even if to "help" Shirou) to the point where it seemed like they were trying to make Rin unlikable so there would be less protest about her having to separate from Shirou again. Saber was sort of a non-entity because it was mainly Rin calling the shots and Saber just going along with it despite being 1/3 of that relationship and should have had an equal amount to say about it, since she also loved them both.

But then, I feel like Gabriel rushed and mishandled all of the last several chapters of that story. The story definitely felt lesser in quality and effort towards the end. I imagine they got sick of writing it after three years and just wanted to draw it to a close. It's a shame because I really enjoyed it up until about the time the Jinki came into the picture. The way Rin and Saber were handled sort of just sealed the deal for making me distinctly dissatisfied with the story. Sure, the epilogue (which I thought was entirely insufficient as an epilogue because it skipped over what could have been a lot of interesting content and just sort of dumped random tidbits about their life while Kusano acted like a second Matsu or Kazehana) implied a lot of things that might allieviate some of my concerns, but it was all very vague and almost certainly fan service just to shut people up. "Yes, Rin, Saber and Shirou still bang occasionally! Who knows, maybe they'll get back together in the future!" and "Miya and Shirou get all bashful around each other in private! And Kusano thinks they need to have sex! Maybe they'll get together someday too!"

I'd rather that be told properly through the story and not just tossed out as a random comment at the very end. I also found it sort of annoying how Gabriel would mention little things here and there and never actually go back to explain them. This mostly happened towards the end again. Ex: There was mention of Shirou showing signs of Minaka's family's "Sorcerous Trait", but if I remember right, beyond Shirou having a "wait, what" moment, it's never mentioned again. Nor is the trait ever identified.

This has turned into me complaining about a story you have nothing to do with, beyond making your own alternate ending (or a partial one anyway seeing as it is incomplete). I'll stop unloading my frustrations on you. If you're not dead, I hope you finish this up soon. As much as some of the newer things you've added seem a bit pointless to me, I'm way more interested in seeing the dynamics between Shirou and his girls.

And maybe I harbor a desire to see Miya end up with Shirou as well, because I like her and think the poor dear needs a little loving. Who better than the resident harem protagonist? He's even one who isn't a useless wimp. That's super rare.
Ash the Aura Guardian chapter 6 . 12/26/2016
Too bad this story hasn't been updated in a while, because it was absolutely amazing. gabriel blessing's story was pretty nice, but it was obvious In Flight was written more with the Sekirei world in mind. What he did to Rin and Saber's characters for plot convenience really ruined the story for me. Shirou's drastic change into something he's not because Rin pushed him to walk the Path of the Shura (the same path Archer himself walked, which neither her or Saber would never allow him to do) made me consider that maybe he was just trying to demonize the two women and make the Sekirei harem look good. Some of the explanations you've given here and the ideas you've come up with make so much sense when compared to how In Flight handled everything.

Hope this story gets completed someday!
slydino chapter 6 . 11/15/2016
Wonderful story. I like your take on having Rin and Saber stay. I just feel like there's something missing, maybe its Shirou's badassness. Anyway great job and keep up the good work. Can't wait for the next chapter.
EvilDragonMuspelheim chapter 6 . 10/20/2016
This is beyond cool~~
I think I like this version better.
-EDM
Nemoskull chapter 6 . 9/26/2016
noooooo! its 2016! and still no update!
love this. and love the saber shiro rin triangle (yes, it is a true love triangle, not that crap that really
Trevor X chapter 6 . 7/26/2016
So it looks like this hasn't been touched for a few years now, but I just wanted to drop a line and let you know that I've waded through this narrative so far. It's been a bit of a trip, but since I enjoyed 'In Flight', I thought I'd see where your premise of bringing in Rin and Saber and making them a pseudo focal point would lead.

Up to this point, I wasn't really certain what to make of it. A lot of the story felt forced, to a point. As though in trying both to bring in your own vision and yet keep the origin appeal of 'In Flight', perhaps it was too much divergence? But still, an admirable attempt, to be sure.

Unfortunately, there was a line in this chapter - something along the lines of 'that fool revealed magic on camera. It was just Reinforcement, but that was too much.'

No. Just... no. While I understand that y'all are baiting a hook to bring your main villain into the local web of the tale (and give some excuse as to why the local mage knows of Shirou), this is too far out of line. Reinforcement is internal, so unless this magus is sitting in front of the television with Eyes of Mystical Perception geared towards seeing flows of magic in the body, he might be able to surmise that magic may be happening, but he cannot say definitely that the 'cat be out of the de bag' as it were. Especially given the capability of the mundane to explain the extraordinary.

Second point on this, if he knew that magic was being revealed, something would have to have been done to conceal it. And either the villain would have preempted the Enforcers showing up and known of this, or there would be someone in that vein to deal with the problem.

Sorry that this line got me all riled up there.

That being said, I do hope that y'all continue to refine and post this tale. It certainly has potential and it would be a shame to lose it.
7137 chapter 6 . 5/13/2016
So… summer 2015 passed a while ago
Dennis chapter 1 . 3/23/2016
You've got to be joking. You never watch or read Sekirei but you got the balls to write crossover like this. Fucking joke.
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 3/13/2016
this latest game seems a bit superlflous, but si nce shirou has been otherwise occupied i suppsed the timeline must go on
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 3/13/2016
i think thr brainwashing thing diminishes the importane of what shirou went through, it might not have been long, but even a single traumatic apostle hunt could change someone deeply, let alone a few years of them
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 3/13/2016
its good that things arent going smoothly, this is less fluff then i originally thought
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 3/13/2016
your doing a fairly good job of managing all the characters, thats no easy task
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 3/13/2016
while this removes one of the best parts of in flight, replacing grand tragedy with fluff doesnt mean the fluff isnt high quality
Dareth chapter 6 . 2/10/2016
...I actually enjoyed this more than the original "In Flight" continuation. "Steadfast" just makes more sense.