Reviews for Steadfast
Ash the Aura Guardian chapter 6 . 12/26/2016
Too bad this story hasn't been updated in a while, because it was absolutely amazing. gabriel blessing's story was pretty nice, but it was obvious In Flight was written more with the Sekirei world in mind. What he did to Rin and Saber's characters for plot convenience really ruined the story for me. Shirou's drastic change into something he's not because Rin pushed him to walk the Path of the Shura (the same path Archer himself walked, which neither her or Saber would never allow him to do) made me consider that maybe he was just trying to demonize the two women and make the Sekirei harem look good. Some of the explanations you've given here and the ideas you've come up with make so much sense when compared to how In Flight handled everything.

Hope this story gets completed someday!
slydino chapter 6 . 11/15/2016
Wonderful story. I like your take on having Rin and Saber stay. I just feel like there's something missing, maybe its Shirou's badassness. Anyway great job and keep up the good work. Can't wait for the next chapter.
EvilDragonMuspelheim chapter 6 . 10/20/2016
This is beyond cool~~
I think I like this version better.
-EDM
Nemoskull chapter 6 . 9/26/2016
noooooo! its 2016! and still no update!
love this. and love the saber shiro rin triangle (yes, it is a true love triangle, not that crap that really
Trevor X chapter 6 . 7/26/2016
So it looks like this hasn't been touched for a few years now, but I just wanted to drop a line and let you know that I've waded through this narrative so far. It's been a bit of a trip, but since I enjoyed 'In Flight', I thought I'd see where your premise of bringing in Rin and Saber and making them a pseudo focal point would lead.

Up to this point, I wasn't really certain what to make of it. A lot of the story felt forced, to a point. As though in trying both to bring in your own vision and yet keep the origin appeal of 'In Flight', perhaps it was too much divergence? But still, an admirable attempt, to be sure.

Unfortunately, there was a line in this chapter - something along the lines of 'that fool revealed magic on camera. It was just Reinforcement, but that was too much.'

No. Just... no. While I understand that y'all are baiting a hook to bring your main villain into the local web of the tale (and give some excuse as to why the local mage knows of Shirou), this is too far out of line. Reinforcement is internal, so unless this magus is sitting in front of the television with Eyes of Mystical Perception geared towards seeing flows of magic in the body, he might be able to surmise that magic may be happening, but he cannot say definitely that the 'cat be out of the de bag' as it were. Especially given the capability of the mundane to explain the extraordinary.

Second point on this, if he knew that magic was being revealed, something would have to have been done to conceal it. And either the villain would have preempted the Enforcers showing up and known of this, or there would be someone in that vein to deal with the problem.

Sorry that this line got me all riled up there.

That being said, I do hope that y'all continue to refine and post this tale. It certainly has potential and it would be a shame to lose it.
7137 chapter 6 . 5/13/2016
So… summer 2015 passed a while ago
Dennis chapter 1 . 3/23/2016
You've got to be joking. You never watch or read Sekirei but you got the balls to write crossover like this. Fucking joke.
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 3/13/2016
this latest game seems a bit superlflous, but si nce shirou has been otherwise occupied i suppsed the timeline must go on
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 3/13/2016
i think thr brainwashing thing diminishes the importane of what shirou went through, it might not have been long, but even a single traumatic apostle hunt could change someone deeply, let alone a few years of them
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 3/13/2016
its good that things arent going smoothly, this is less fluff then i originally thought
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 3/13/2016
your doing a fairly good job of managing all the characters, thats no easy task
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 3/13/2016
while this removes one of the best parts of in flight, replacing grand tragedy with fluff doesnt mean the fluff isnt high quality
Dareth chapter 6 . 2/10/2016
...I actually enjoyed this more than the original "In Flight" continuation. "Steadfast" just makes more sense.
Im a guest chapter 6 . 9/8/2015
Summer 2015?
Ixde chapter 6 . 7/21/2015
I've read In Flight 3-4 times already, but the first time ended up almost traumatizing me. I love F/S Night far, far more more than i could ever like Seikirei, and the way Gabe just kind of...brushed off Saber and Rin felt far too much like an excuse to remove them from the equation for me to fullt enjoy the last part. Since then, i looked around and found this story, and now every time i reread IF i end up dropping it on chpt 38 and reading this as a countinuation (it helps that the way you've written first-person POV actually kind of feels like IF's version, style-wise).

Dropping this review only now because i noticed you placed the hiatus ending about this period, so...yeah, hope dies last ' would absolutely love to see a proper conclusion to something as amazing as the original work is (and being a fanfiction, that sounds kind of weird)...possibly one that doesn't make me want to rage and break stuff.

Anyway, yeah. Awesome job and thank you for practically writing what i was seriously considering writing myself, if only for catharsis, and hope good luck if you're still thinking of completing it. Thanks again!