Reviews for petrichor
TheLiability chapter 1 . 4/4
sasuke seems too ooc for my liking tbh
Bayes chapter 3 . 4/3
Okay, I reeeeeally like Shikamaru here. He's so much more than the "what a drag, women are confusing, everything is too troublesome" guy and I love it so much. ShikaIno is one of the few pairings I like for him. He's a lot more complex in this fic and is very understandable and justified in his reactions. I can't wait to keep going!
Bayes chapter 2 . 4/3
This is a very calm, easy to read fic right now, which is just so refreshing from what I typically read. I like how you've written the gang and altered Sasuke slightly, given that there's no traumatizing massacre of his family. I do have to disagree with how Sakura has been portrayed thus far, though. "Laid back"? "Open-minded"? I don't think either of those words are the right ones to describe her, because, even in Shippuden, she's mellowed out from her fan-girly years but is still too outspoken to be considered easy-going. None of the girls in Naruto (Hinata/Ino/Tenten/Temari ect) are like that, really. I can only critic the characterization in this story so far, though. The words flow effortlessly and it is not at all difficult or mechanic to read.
I cried. This is all feelings
oyink chapter 13 . 2/4
You had me crying. I still am crying. :') you had me pulled into a story that I could, at this moment, accept & believe more than the animé itself, it's so weird. This is something.

And this chapter...ah! The feels. Growing up. Goodbyes. The little things. Knowing there is only now and, paradoxically, knowing that a future time would come when all the things we did not say, all the things we did not get to experience, all those will have their right moments, maybe they'd even turn out better as we hope they'd be, and we keep the optimism amidst a situation where we almost break.

You got my heart. Here, take it.
oyink chapter 12 . 2/4
Americans.

I love Shikamaru and how he just knows that it'll all be okay, even Sakura & Sasuke's LDR, because he's genius like that.

I looooove how they're all each other's someone. Can't wait to click for the epilogue and see how far you took this. This is bittersweet, but more sweet than bitter.

I love you.

And, seriously... Americans. (Or people from the West, in general...)
oyink chapter 7 . 2/4
This chapter is almost as magical as Europe. :) (and yes, I'm shamefully admitting I've been waiting... It's a good thing I read mostly complete fics.)
oyink chapter 6 . 2/4
This is sweet. There's something to be said of people almost dying and being the person halting death at the door. It's different. It's really something. And heroes don't really see themselves as heroes especially when they need saving too. And I'm glad there's a Neji for a Shikamaru in this fic.
oyink chapter 5 . 2/4
Thumbs up for the last statement! I got the same advice yesterday. It is so true...and yet we can only easily let go of the hate once we're actually tired or preoccupied. Or at least that's what I think.

And Hanabi! I just remembered Hanabi in the last few paragraphs. I suppose it was a case of natal mortality..?, since Hinata's the only girl in the house.
oyink chapter 4 . 2/4
I'd say that wasn't too light, but yeah...the beach! I hope no one got PTSD and they could go to the beach next year LOL.

I feel soooo sorry for Naruto :( but happy for him too that he lifts himself up quite naturally as the Naruto we all know. And hearts to Shika! I hope they got checked by medics. Ever heard of dry drowning? Scary stuff... But of course I know they all live and reach chapter 5 :)
Always Cry Over Spilled Milk chapter 13 . 12/1/2015
Damn, that was excellent. tbh I really didn't care about all of the Sasuke/Sakura stuff since I'm really not crazy about that pairing at all, not even canon-wise, so I was a little annoyed by how much of the story revolved around them. Other than that, though, I loved it. There were so many parts that made me actually burst out laughing. I don't know if a lot of them were intentionally hilarious, but they for sure were. Also, not gonna lie, I found this whilst browsing ShikaNaru stories and I didn't think I'd really wanna spend my time reading this long thing with no ShikaNaru at all when I could be reading a story with that pairing instead, but I figured I'd give it a go. I'm pretty glad I did.
tenshichi chapter 13 . 8/14/2015
Great fic ︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎
I really loved the characterization
And their development
And the slice of life was reaaaally good
And im trash for good slice of life
mysticahime chapter 4 . 5/4/2015
i love this chapter!
Moonshadow0501 chapter 13 . 4/18/2015
Oh my goodness I've reached the end of your story and I have tears streaming down my face! I really like how you depicted each character a little different (in a good way) but not totally out of character. Also seeing how Sasuke and Sakura's roles have been kinda reversed is quite refreshing. My favorite point of view is Shikamaru, I think you really did him justice. Ch3 was absolutely heartbreaking, gahhh my poor shikaino feels! Will you ever write a sequel? I would love to read it and see what happens to them after high school but at the same time your ending is simply amazing! Thanks for writing this story and I hope I'm not rambling or being weird for gushing so much :)
GalanthaDreams chapter 13 . 4/8/2015
I can't think of anything meaningful enough to say, the feelings are too overwhelming. How can you catch what growing up feels like so perfectly? That frantic and terrified and bittersweet feeling that you feel even during your happinesses?

You have an incredible gift for writing and I hope to see more from you, even if it isn't a sequel for this story.