Reviews for petrichor
sheyul chapter 13 . 4/15
Oh my glob! My chest hurts. You are an amazing story teller and while a lot of people might not like AU, i would highly recommend this one. Here's the thing abt fan fictions, every story teller has his/her own version of a character and i may not often get the chance to see Sasuke in this new light, I am grateful that you shared him with us. Thank you and i hope you'd keep writing
Meadchen chapter 13 . 12/4/2016
Thank you for the story. It was so beautiful and tranquil and I truly felt in love with it while reading. :) It is hard to find stories that are not overly dramatized within the high school AU world and I really think you grasped it splendidly. I was even crying in the end because it was so bitter sweet and I could feel Sakura's position as I was in the same. So, thank you, it was beautiful. :)
Cherry chapter 13 . 11/5/2016
*sniffs*

Why do you have to end it with a sad ending?
I wish you'd make a chapter about Sasuke's thoughts about Sakura leaving, and then write about how he would do his best about them, about their relationship, about their love for each other. Lol, I'm asking too much.

Despite me commenting in the early chapters that Sasuke is a little out of character in this work, I have learned to like and love him with the way you wrote him. Kind and a little talkative, I would say.

I think Naruto deserve a chapter or two about him finaaally realise Hinata's feelings for him or him finally realising that he actually likes Hinata more than a friend. although, with Naruto, we don't know if that would fit in his character or not.

Shikamaru. Oh, how I love him. You have done a good job at portraying him in this work. I even feel sad when he is just content with Ino being happy, never put his happiness above her. He's a good friend, I guess.

And finally, Neji. I like how you wrote Neji as the guy who is not a prick like most of other authors write him. He is a lovable character. And whenever you wrote Neji being overprotective over Hinata, I laugh, because Neji being like that is funny, lol.

andddd, the scene i like best in this story is when all of the teenagers gathers in neji and hinata's house, doing summer holiday homework. i dunno why, but i guess it's fun to read about them not doing anything serious, just hanging out and relaxing.

you've done a good job in this work. the friendship theme in this story focusing sasuke,naruto, shikamaru and neji is shown clearly, as well as the romance theme, even if it's not much.

all in all, keep up the good work! :D
Cherry chapter 7 . 11/1/2016
wow. this is the best chapter ive read so far (of course, that might be because im a huge fan of sasusaku, but no one cares anyway). and hey, did i say that this chapter is soooo good? because it is! so much! and since this chapter made up for that inconsiderate note that u left in the last chapter, ill let u know that u're forgiven. i know, you're welcome ;) (maybe these words are sarcasm, but then again, maybe not). but im still sad that neji died.
Cherry chapter 6 . 11/1/2016
here i am, at 12:08 a.m. im still up, enjoying these two chapters of neji in a row and then you went and put that note reminding me that neji is dead? gosh, you are terrible. so terrible.
Cherry chapter 2 . 10/31/2016
whoa. introduction for two chapters? that's why the beginning is ... slow. sorry. but i still like it. and, i love how you don't make sakura goes all fangirling around sasuke, although i have an intuition that she will, later in this fic. I'll just have to read this fic till the end to find out!
Cherry chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
oooh, slice of life. no wonder the first chapter is kinda slow. no offence. nevertheless, i like it. but hey, don't u think that sasuke is kinda ooc? i always think that sasukes not the type to actually offers help to people, much less to girls or to be exact, hinata (which is a girl and a quiet one at that). anyway, i think you have done a great job at keeping the flow of the story steady so far for chapter 1.
TheLiability chapter 1 . 4/4/2016
sasuke seems too ooc for my liking tbh
Bayes chapter 3 . 4/3/2016
Okay, I reeeeeally like Shikamaru here. He's so much more than the "what a drag, women are confusing, everything is too troublesome" guy and I love it so much. ShikaIno is one of the few pairings I like for him. He's a lot more complex in this fic and is very understandable and justified in his reactions. I can't wait to keep going!
Bayes chapter 2 . 4/3/2016
This is a very calm, easy to read fic right now, which is just so refreshing from what I typically read. I like how you've written the gang and altered Sasuke slightly, given that there's no traumatizing massacre of his family. I do have to disagree with how Sakura has been portrayed thus far, though. "Laid back"? "Open-minded"? I don't think either of those words are the right ones to describe her, because, even in Shippuden, she's mellowed out from her fan-girly years but is still too outspoken to be considered easy-going. None of the girls in Naruto (Hinata/Ino/Tenten/Temari ect) are like that, really. I can only critic the characterization in this story so far, though. The words flow effortlessly and it is not at all difficult or mechanic to read.
Guest chapter 13 . 3/10/2016
I cried. This is all feelings
oyink chapter 13 . 2/4/2016
You had me crying. I still am crying. :') you had me pulled into a story that I could, at this moment, accept & believe more than the animé itself, it's so weird. This is something.

And this chapter...ah! The feels. Growing up. Goodbyes. The little things. Knowing there is only now and, paradoxically, knowing that a future time would come when all the things we did not say, all the things we did not get to experience, all those will have their right moments, maybe they'd even turn out better as we hope they'd be, and we keep the optimism amidst a situation where we almost break.

You got my heart. Here, take it.
oyink chapter 12 . 2/4/2016
Americans.

I love Shikamaru and how he just knows that it'll all be okay, even Sakura & Sasuke's LDR, because he's genius like that.

I looooove how they're all each other's someone. Can't wait to click for the epilogue and see how far you took this. This is bittersweet, but more sweet than bitter.

I love you.

And, seriously... Americans. (Or people from the West, in general...)
oyink chapter 7 . 2/4/2016
This chapter is almost as magical as Europe. :) (and yes, I'm shamefully admitting I've been waiting... It's a good thing I read mostly complete fics.)
oyink chapter 6 . 2/4/2016
This is sweet. There's something to be said of people almost dying and being the person halting death at the door. It's different. It's really something. And heroes don't really see themselves as heroes especially when they need saving too. And I'm glad there's a Neji for a Shikamaru in this fic.