Reviews for The Commitment
davislp chapter 12 . 11/8/2013
I love this story and was so excited to see an update. This clearly isn't really seeking an answer-more just me pondering-but I'm a bit confused by Jane. Is she scared b/c she's in love with Maura and she fears that Maura just wants somebody-not necessarily Jane? Because it seems pretty clear-at least on the reader side-that Maura reciprocates the actual feelings and attraction. Or is she scared b/c she doesn't perceive herself (or doesn't want to perceive herself) as gay? I guess it's a lot of both. At any rate, I cannot WAIT until these two actually talk and sort through their feelings and hook up for reals. I'm soooo hopeful we'll get to have some really happy, sexy time between them as a true couple. Thanks so much for a great story!
Guest chapter 12 . 11/6/2013
so glad your back ! I really do love this story , great chapter ! x
Ro chapter 12 . 11/6/2013
Yeah! is good to see an update of this story. We're getting close to the time of that first chapter. I already want to know more
Guest chapter 12 . 11/6/2013
Is it rude for me to ask that when you get back to chapter 1 you don't make that chapter (Chapter 14?) just a replay of chapter 1 with 2 additional lines of dialog and a cliff hanger? This genre seems full of people more interested in teasing than telling a great story. I am in it for a good story and this one has fit the bill so far. Keep telling it without the cliche' cliff hanger teasing.
ireallyneedalifeoutsidetv chapter 12 . 11/7/2013
Wow, I'm really glad I found this story :)

This is something I could absolutely see Jane & Maura agreeing to. I also appreciate the innocence with which the arrangement started. It's not the overdone plot where one is harboring feelings for the other, finally admits it , and they live happily ever after all in 10 chapters. Instead, they really are just friends who are trying to recognize and deal with what they truly feel for each other. I love how you've written the characters and if Rizzles were to happen on the show, I'd hope it would come about somewhat similar to this.

It's always exciting when you find a new and interesting storyline, so thank you for that. You are an amazing writer and I can't wait for the next one!
Gunner4Life chapter 12 . 11/7/2013
Yes, its time to clear the air about what they really want from each other! Step up and be honest about what you want. If you're not sure, then admit to that. Just talk already! Nice chapter...I would have hit him a couple more times just to be sure he got that message. Looking forward to the talk!
I just love the way you write! It feels slow, but there's so much going on at the same time, and its just amazing. I really look forward to your updates. And this is so different from the other fics I've read / am reading. They are normally already aware they're attracted to women, or to each other and the acceptance is so quick, and sometimes they already know they're gay or bi. This is such a fresh look at really good friends who happen to become attracted to each other and don't quite know how to handle that. Thank you!
cdownes chapter 12 . 11/7/2013
There's something very soft and calm in your writing. Very enjoyable to read. Thank you for your efforts.
agentquinn chapter 12 . 11/6/2013
woah! Shits about to get real O.0"
Can't wait for the next chapter!
CharlieTheCAG chapter 12 . 11/6/2013
Chills. Oh Jane. Wake up.
everythingisintoxicating chapter 12 . 11/6/2013
This is one of the most incredible R&I stories I've read, and this fandom is definitely one of the most talented. Aside from the fact that your writing is mindblowingly good, the storyline itself fits the characters magnificently.

While it might be far-fetched as far as the show goes, the entire commitment situation is something that I could dddddefinitely see Maura and Jane agreeing to.

Watching as they work through the details and these issues that they never expected to run into is so fascinating. The way you've written Jane- stubborn, confused, desperate but unsure of what she's even desperate FOR, is one of the best portrayals of her character I've ever seen.

I could go on and on and on but the bottom line is that this story is incredible and you are super talented and I cannot wAIT for the next update. :)
caroMV chapter 12 . 11/6/2013
This is driving me crazy! Moments like this I don't know if I want to shake Jane back to reality or cuddle her to sleep... Seriously, great update, I'm glad your life got easier ;)
ScullyBones chapter 12 . 11/6/2013
Ahhh stop fighting it Jane!
megalooch1 chapter 12 . 11/6/2013
I'm so excited for more frequent updates. I absolutely love this story and how it's written. The angst genuinely gets to me and I find myself want to scream at my screen for these two women to get it together. I love when stories effect me like that. Update soon, please!
sugahkane chapter 12 . 11/6/2013
This. Is great writing. I'm pretty new to this show and subsequently, this fandom, but I've found a lot of its fanfiction to be rather redundant. Which is expected, to a certain extent. But I have to say, this story is breaking the mold for me. Because honestly, no matter how much people want them to be together on the show or what subtext we can find, if a relationship were to develop between the characters as they are, I would think it would take more than "Hey you're attracted to me? I am too! Have been for long time! Let's do it and be together!" There's nothing wrong with those stories, as anything can happen in fiction, and I do enjoy them. But sometimes, so much else is overlooked in a story at the cost of bringing these two characters together.

I guess what I'm trying to say in a long-winded way, is that I really appreciate the thought you're putting into this. It's making for a great, believable story. Keep it up!
javalover27 chapter 12 . 11/6/2013
Can't wait for more. I can't wait for Jane and Maura get pass all their insecurities and become a couple.
1,274 | « Prev Page 1 .. 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 67 .. Last Next »