Reviews for The Empire of Man
TheHaackmeister chapter 3 . 7/20
a military of that time would have around ten million personal
Typical. Leaving us on the edge and just not updating.

I hope the traitors all get crucified
Arkhaan chapter 12 . 3/22
ahhhhh dude come on you have to finish this! This was awesome and just getting to the climax of the story!
Arkhaan chapter 2 . 3/22
Awesome, I actually created an account just comment how awesome the Donitz reference is
Nate chapter 7 . 12/26/2016
Ugh - fuck this shitfic.
gangui chapter 12 . 12/22/2016
AMAZING story please update please !
Guest chapter 12 . 12/20/2016
Épic!
Helyanweh chapter 6 . 12/9/2016
Why would you mine a planet when mining an asteroid is much easier and less messy? If you can build kilometer long ships, why not make one that can process asteroids bit by bit? You'd only need a handful of people to oversee the operation with modern automation, heck the ships could probably maintain themselves, only needing some oversight for refueling or mining priority adjustments.
Helyanweh chapter 3 . 12/9/2016
Something I don't get from one of the speeches is when Augustus mentions the "lowly production line worker or miner", but those occupations won't exist anymore by then. At least if their technology is even remotely similar to ours. We'll have automated that by 2035 or 2040 and we're talking more than a 100 years later here.

Also, if current projections on our technological development hold true, then we'll be able to easily hold 1 trillion people on Earth in pretty decent comfort by 2050. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to expect us to be able to comfortable hold 10 trillion people in the Solar system by 2150. We won't have nearly that many people of course, but the technological capability to do so will be there.

Lastly, if you have a population of close to 25 billion, a society that has a certain fear of what's out there and thus will put emphasis on having a decent military, won't having 13 440 000 soldiers be small? The USA has a purely voluntary military and has around 0.4% of the total US population in active service (in other words, not counting active reserves). 0.4% on a population of 25 billion is 100 million people, and given the amount of fear your version of Humanity has for some form of alien invasion, that figure would be the minimum amount of active military personnel I'd guess they have. I understand that your figure of 13.4 million is only for the Legions, but those are probably your biggest division personnel wise. Unless you also have a huge division of Marines or something.
TheOnlyKing chapter 12 . 10/10/2016
God dammit, I just read this whole story in the span of a day and now I find you quit? It was getting so good! I was hoping that Augustus would execute that damn traitor. It pains me to see that they don't understand what Augustus is doing for the betterment of humanity. What fools!
vladimr1996 chapter 12 . 8/21/2016
The power of Hypnotoad compels you to update! This is a ridiculously good story and it's a shame you're not updating.
The Mexican Taco Overlord chapter 11 . 1/29/2016
At least the Emperor didn't die...

I am still upset about it!
The Mexican Taco Overlord chapter 12 . 1/29/2016
NO! I WANT MORE! AND WHY?! WHY A CLIFFHANGER?!
The Mexican Taco Overlord chapter 8 . 1/29/2016
When I read the part of the military parade I could hear the Imperial March!

So good, it's good to show those alien who are the bosses!
Postmeat chapter 12 . 1/17/2016
Still supremely disappointed that not once have the phrase "THE EMPEROR PROTECTS" shown up. It would fit in so well on so many occasions. Otherwise a good story, interesting intrigue and political machinations. Keep up the good work )