Reviews for A Secret of Spells
Enigma infinite chapter 12 . 6/28
Interesting...
Please update this story as soon as possible! The suspense of how Harry wil react is killing me. It would be great to read about his innerconflict and struggle between his herocomplex to ruch after Hermione and to stay put in Winterfell to help the remaining Starks with their royal guests.
catchmydrift95 chapter 12 . 6/18
I really really really love this! I really hope you'll update soon? :-)
twztdwildcat chapter 12 . 6/7
I'm almost scared to add this to my following list because it's been over a year since an update, but I love your writing and so I'll hope you continue! I made a special note of starting to finally watch GoT because I adore crossovers, you're an amazing writer, and it's nearly impossible to read a crossover and have no idea about one of the worlds it comes from. So you, a friend, and some family are to blame for getting me hooked on the show! I'm so glad that you've completely changed what would have happened that day! Not that the shit can't still hit the fan in other ways. I also find it hilarious how all the pups gravitate towards Hermione! I really hope you continue with this!
Southern Hearts chapter 12 . 6/3
Just stumbled on your story. Really great, love how you've written Harry and Hermione into the GoT world. Looking forward to seeing more of Harry's POV on the situation. Looking forward to the next chapter!
JUSTxAxFRIENDLYxPSYCHO chapter 1 . 6/2
Honestly, in terms of Harry's storyline, it will be interesting to see not only how he reacts to Hermione's departure, but also what "the deal" is with him being so very interesting to Robert and Cersei (I have my guesses, but...) Also, where he will go from here...stay with the Starks through whatever comes? Go with Jon to the wall (IF he goes)? There are a lot of possibilities, especially with the catalyst of all the crap (The Accident) being notably absent from this version of the story.

In terms of Hermione, I am of two minds. Though it would be nice if Hermione could find her answers, if only so she could be happy, I kind of hope she doesn't. This iteration of her makes me believe that she will need to see for herself the realities of her new life (as Jon said, she sees things as she wishes them to be, not as they are) before she can find happiness, find a way to reconcile what she wants with what she can make for herself.

I probably rambled a bit. Ah, well. All that to say is that I look forward to seeing where you take their two storylines.
ThomasNealy chapter 10 . 5/29
Ok so in the first chapter or so it was shown that Hermione used magic with out the wand. And yet all these chapters latter this has not been explored at all. To top that off you made it so Harry can not use magic except the transformation. At first I was thinking that the lack of a wand would lead them to finding out about wandless magic. But that never came up. Then I was thinking that he would call out a spell out of desperation when he was attacked like he did in book five with the light spell when he could not find his wand. but still nothing.

You also seem to have Harry portrayed as more of an idiot then I think he was in the books. He got good marks on his Owls and with the exception of the summoning charm he never showed any issue learning anything. It seems to me that you are deliberately under doing Harry as a character in order to make Hermione seem better and more important. Harry feels like an after character one of little note that no one really remembers after his part is done.
ThomasNealy chapter 9 . 5/29
I have a real issue with harry and his no killing thing. I think it is foolish and irresponsible of them. His refusal to put the enemy down cost another mans life. If he let them escape then every person they hurt or kill after is on his hands. His self righteous bull shit is wrong and will get others killed and it seems already has gotten one killed.
ThomasNealy chapter 1 . 5/29
Ned frowned. He certainly hadn't asked the gods for that to happen.

I love that.
RougeCerise chapter 12 . 5/24
Good morning.
J.K Rowling managed to give life to wonderful characters and it crushes my heart, to see them portrayed like this. I've been reading Harry Potter fanfictions for several years an this is the first time an author managed to make me dislike Hermione.
Over-highlighting a character doesn't make it more likeable -It's quite the contrary, atually-. I even wonder why you made Harry travel with her, if you just intended on turning him into some side dish. We almost don't see him having real interactions with the people around him. Yet, you want us to belive that he'd give up on his "real" life to stay with them ? You pretend that Hermione and Harry are equally important in this story but unless our definitions of "equally" are -very- different, you'll have to correct that statement.
Also, I'd like to know what happened to Hermione's bushy hair and big teeth. From what I recall, she's not exactly what people traditionnally call "beautiful" -Not even in Winterfell-. Oddly enough, you wonderfully managed to show many of the negative traits of canon Harry. What happened to his courage; to the little something that almost had him sorted into Slytherin, though ?
I genuinely apologize for being harsh but story -and character- developments like this literaly make me sick. Especially when they come from an author with a good hand (Hope that makes as much sense in English as it does in French). Anyway, I think this story and I will be parting ways here. Too much frustration and too little chances for things to get better. Good continuation.
Veronica chapter 12 . 5/22
I just found this story...Pretty please update! Harry can't do anything; I mean he didn't want to leave (he resigned himself to stay) so basically Hermione did what she needed to do...I love that Hermione did that to Prince Joffrey...love the story...Please continue...
DianneBaquiran chapter 12 . 5/19
I totally love this please update soon!
DianneBaquiran chapter 1 . 5/19
Funny!
Covante chapter 12 . 5/12
I can't really see Harry doing anything other than go after her, he's want to at least confirm that she's somewhere safe and stable but what he does after that. Who knows. It's possible he'd not immediately chase after her because he resents getting stunned and left behind or because he wants to respect her choice to go on her own (which is stupid she didn't WANT to go on her own, she just didn't want to drag him along because he felt obligated) but I doubt he could hold either of those moods for more than a day or so before the worry set in. More likely though would be that he feels guilty about how she accused him of breaking his promise and he decides that he's not willing to let that be true. Maybe she releases him from his promise (which would be a battle of stubbornness) but he'd not be willing to accept that unless it was in person and even then it would take a lot of persuasion to convince him.
Please continue this story is amazing