Reviews for A Secret of Spells
RougeCerise chapter 12 . 5/24
Good morning.
J.K Rowling managed to give life to wonderful characters and it crushes my heart, to see them portrayed like this. I've been reading Harry Potter fanfictions for several years an this is the first time an author managed to make me dislike Hermione.
Over-highlighting a character doesn't make it more likeable -It's quite the contrary, atually-. I even wonder why you made Harry travel with her, if you just intended on turning him into some side dish. We almost don't see him having real interactions with the people around him. Yet, you want us to belive that he'd give up on his "real" life to stay with them ? You pretend that Hermione and Harry are equally important in this story but unless our definitions of "equally" are -very- different, you'll have to correct that statement.
Also, I'd like to know what happened to Hermione's bushy hair and big teeth. From what I recall, she's not exactly what people traditionnally call "beautiful" -Not even in Winterfell-. Oddly enough, you wonderfully managed to show many of the negative traits of canon Harry. What happened to his courage; to the little something that almost had him sorted into Slytherin, though ?
I genuinely apologize for being harsh but story -and character- developments like this literaly make me sick. Especially when they come from an author with a good hand (Hope that makes as much sense in English as it does in French). Anyway, I think this story and I will be parting ways here. Too much frustration and too little chances for things to get better. Good continuation.
Veronica chapter 12 . 5/22
I just found this story...Pretty please update! Harry can't do anything; I mean he didn't want to leave (he resigned himself to stay) so basically Hermione did what she needed to do...I love that Hermione did that to Prince Joffrey...love the story...Please continue...
DianneBaquiran chapter 12 . 5/19
I totally love this please update soon!
DianneBaquiran chapter 1 . 5/19
Funny!
Covante chapter 12 . 5/12
I can't really see Harry doing anything other than go after her, he's want to at least confirm that she's somewhere safe and stable but what he does after that. Who knows. It's possible he'd not immediately chase after her because he resents getting stunned and left behind or because he wants to respect her choice to go on her own (which is stupid she didn't WANT to go on her own, she just didn't want to drag him along because he felt obligated) but I doubt he could hold either of those moods for more than a day or so before the worry set in. More likely though would be that he feels guilty about how she accused him of breaking his promise and he decides that he's not willing to let that be true. Maybe she releases him from his promise (which would be a battle of stubbornness) but he'd not be willing to accept that unless it was in person and even then it would take a lot of persuasion to convince him.
Please continue this story is amazing
ignoreme-imaduck chapter 12 . 5/4
like it
nyx'godness chapter 12 . 5/3
Awesome story!
Lady Stark will be even more displeased with Hermione now!
The part where she scared Joffrey was great and I'm glad that at least the situation with Bran was avoided!
Can't wait for more!
Eclipse1234 chapter 12 . 4/26
I was with you up till here. You explained away Harry's astonishing incompetence, and their overall complacence at finding themselves in another world. But with this chapter Harry's become utterly relegated to a side character.
Ive just discovered this story and fell absolutely in love with it. Please say you are going to continue it. It would be a real shame if you didn't. I love the interaction between the characters and almost squealed in happiness when Hermione spoke with Tyrion. Getting to see my two favorite characters from the two different books speaking was great. I just wish Hermione hadnt been so apprehensive about offending the lannisters that she could of spoken more freely with Tyrion. It would have been hilarious to hear those two coming up with colorful insults for Joffrey and his mother.
Why must you hurt your reviewers this way? We've waited for months please update soon. Pretty please with cherries on top
nsantana92 chapter 12 . 4/21
Update soon please I just found this story please update this story please please please Please
KEZZ 1 chapter 12 . 4/15
Great story so far :-D
I am looking forward to more soon B-)
Noxy the Proxy chapter 12 . 4/6
Oh this is good. Please update again. I wonder what will happen next. Will Harry meet the imp?
Mr. KR-18 chapter 12 . 4/5
Loving all of this story please update if you get the chance