Reviews for The Hagrid Hat
Legitimately weird, but it got a chuckle. A story about an actual new house would be cool though.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
This one shot starts out good, however, as it progresses it becomes increasingly confusing.
Wesfanemt333 chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Definitely a 'crack' fic. But amusing, definitely.

Have a nice day,

Wesfanemt
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Oh, a crack fic? Those can be really funny! I like that Hagrid is sorting pumpkins. It’s an interesting idea. I feel bad for the sorting hat. I wish there had been a line break instead of a space between the different scenes. McGonagall is spelled wrong. I’m not sure if that’s part of the crack fic or not, but it distracts from the story. Also Gryffindores is Gryffindor’s. I do appreciate the fact the hat is saying things about the students like Milicent being one of the ugliest students he ever sorted. However, I’m not quite sure why you decided to throw in RCC. That was a little off. I know it’s a crack fic, but this is still located in Europe. Theodore was skipped over completely. Was it meant to be like that? I like that the twins were in the same with the comment “I just said”. That was cute. The royal rainbow at the end was cute as well.
As far as other things… The way you have your paragraphs written out is really strange. It automatically distracts from the story and makes it hard to read. I wasn’t sure when the scene changed or what was going on all the time. You’re also missing a speech tags and punctuation throughout the piece. I wish there had been more details and a more cohesive feeling throughout. I feel like your jokes would have stuck out more and been funnier. It also would have allowed the readers to see that both Hannah and Susan felt nervous instead of it being told back to back.
As of right now, I’m left wanting more. I feel like with a little more time, this could be a really funny crack fic.
darkaccalia520 chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Hmmm...I am confused, to say the least. I know this was a crack fic, but I really didn't see anything very funny in it. I suppose if I understood it, I might find it funny.

Well, let's start at the beginning. I'm wondering why in the world Hagrid would even want to sort pumpkins in the first place. They're pumpkins. Would the sorting hat be able to even know what house to put them in since...well, they're inanimate objects. It might have been a little funnier and even make a bit more sense if they were magic pumpkins of something. Also, really no rhyme or reason why Dumbledore would even lend him the hat to begin with.

Therefore, I am completely and utterly confused how the rest of the story makes sense. Okay, I get that the hat burned in the fire, but there is no explanation of how Hagrid 'fixes' the hat. He took out the pink umbrella, but it would be nice to know what exactly he does with it. So when all the students come up to be sorted, I suppose having them sorted into fake houses was supposed to be funny. Had I understood it, it probably would have been.

One part I did enjoy was the parts with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville, simply because I knew those characters. I've only seen the movies and never read the books, so I don't know if the other characters are canon or not. So, at the ending, I'm wondering if Dumbledore knew what was going to happen the whole time, as if it were some sort of test. It seems that it's possible, though I'm confused about Royal Rainbow. Maybe it's an inside joke?

Because this is a crack!fic, is that the reason there is improper spelling and grammar and almost no punctuation? I think that if you cleaned this story up and wrote the dialogue properly, added page breaks, added a bit more description so this would make more sense to the average reader, I think this story has a lot of potential. Unfortunately, I find myself confused and having a difficult time understanding the point of the story. If SPAG is not your forte, perhaps find a beta? I think it could really help you.

Also, there is one point it seems to me you've forgotten to add what house the student was sorted into: Nott, Theodore. You list nothing after his name, so I'm not sure if that was an oversight or what.

Overall, this story has potential. If you clean it up and add some more description, the jokes wouldn't fall flat. Good luck.
smithback chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
cool!
bonniebonbon chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
ROYAL RAINBOW! :P
To the TARDIS chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
*laughs* Awesome!
Deathus chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Tia was hilarious good job