Reviews for What Makes a Father?
JensenAcklesfanforever chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
aww *sniff* that was beautiful :)
twinklingeyes07 chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
wow..awesome story :)
Holliday1081 chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Just stumbled upon this story, and even though I kinda figured it would have something to do with Dean being more of a father than John ever was, I found myself getting pretty teary eyed by the end. I know John did the best he could dealing with his grief and trying to raise two sons, but Dean's best was just so much better! I love stories that showcase the fact that John may have raised Dean, but Dean was both mother and father where Sam was concerned. This story was beautifully written and developed. I loved the bit about Dean saving all of the cards that Sam made or bought. I kind of imagine him saving all kinds of little kid artwork and straight A report cards too :) Great effort here and definitely going on my favorites list!
Hannibal-hard-to-find-Cannibal chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
lovely. :)
This made me tear up.
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
AAAWWWWWW That was sweet. Stupid Sammy making me tear up with a card. Damn sensitive young moose.
Jasmineisland chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
*sniff* That was perfect.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Wonderful story. So sad and yet heartwarming.
John threw away so much. Heartbreaking when he was angry with Sam for spending money on a card and cupcake.
I'm so glad he had Dean in this.
Thanks for sharing.
TG
WeirdyMcWeirderton chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Loved this! I've always hoped something like this happened between the brothers because let's face it, EVERYONE, including Sam and Dean themselves, know that Dean's filled the father role better than John did. Awesome job!
SPNxBookworm chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Amazing. I have no words! :) This is just beautiful..
Jily4 chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Thanks, that was beautiful! I'm glad you didn't make John an asshole, (being as it's Father's Day), and you captured Sam really getting how Dean was truly acting like his father, in the important ways, his whole life!
sandycub chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Perfect!
Disasteriffic Kaz chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
This was absolutely beautiful and touching and made me misty-eyed. So sweet and wonderfully done, lady! Thank you!
zekeschance chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Sweet.
JaniceC678 chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
OMG...sitting here now with tears in my eyes. That was just beautifully sweet and so touching!
hotshow chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I really enjoyed this story. Thank you.