Reviews for Kopa's Legacy — Book V: The Eye of the Tempest
ASniper chapter 18 . 6/16/2014
The occasional grammatical error cropped up, but nothing too serious. Missed 'the's and whatnot.
Heh, young lioness . . . and yet, that youth makes the anonymous death tragic.
A shame Rafiki wasn't given more spotlight in the series, but then, we've got plenty enough main characters as it is.
ASniper chapter 17 . 6/16/2014
The battle begins. A good mix of perspectives on it, too, between Vitani's frontline participation and Kovu's guiding from the back. The Vitani part in particular felt appropriately fast-paced for hectic open combat.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 20 . 6/13/2014
My God, I am so tired, I am about two seconds from passing out right on my keypad. So, where to start, this has been an incredible journey and such an amazing ending even if Kopa is gone. It is truly incredible and you are quite possibly the best TLK writer I've ever read a story of. I don't think any other story can top it really except maybe Bookworm Gal's story, as we all know, and T5Tango's series. But this was still absolutely awe-inspiring, beautiful and I just loved it so much. Finally, I'd just like to thank you for mentioning me in your author's note. Love you, bye!
Zero Unit RGB chapter 19 . 6/13/2014
Oh my God, after all of that, Kopa died?! That is just absolutely heartbreaking! I was so excited to see what kind of life he could share with Vitani and suddenly, he's gone! This was an epic conclusion and I just wish I could see how Janga is after all this. Most likely, she's dead but it sucks how she died. I need to know what happens after all this. To the epilogue!
Zero Unit RGB chapter 18 . 6/10/2014
This was a powerful chapter especially with how serious it began to the midpoint. It sent chills down my spine and the way Chumvi is dying, that mental image will be a seriously scarring one. I think the most powerful message was that lioness begging Simba not to send her back out. I was scared for her and everyone there and just thinking that there would be no way I could be in Simba's position at that moment. It is amazing what you put in this chapter. Amazing job! Can't wait for the conclusion.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 17 . 6/5/2014
Okay, so the true enemy, other than Kivuli were the wilddogs, I suppose I should've figured that on my own. I'm glad things have cleared up somewhat but things still don't look good. But I'm most interested in Vitani, something tells me she should've gone to Rafiki before going out to battle...

I can't read anymore tonight, I've got some homework to do. Great job as usual!
Zero Unit RGB chapter 16 . 6/5/2014
Very drama. Many everywhere. Wow. Doge meme takeover. Not reason.

Anyway, usually when I'm overwhelmed with emotion, whether it be good or bad, I talk like the doge meme and apparently, I write like it too. This was an amazing chapter. By the way, I had to reread Chapter 15 to refresh my memory and what the heck was going on! So, a war...Yeah...Great job!
Kyuubi99 chapter 20 . 6/1/2014
Great Ending. Now if you'll excuse me I need to cry in a corner for a while.
Goodbye0Bluesky chapter 20 . 5/30/2014
Whoa; what a ride.

I'm literally lost for words right now.

I can't believe it's finally over! I've been hooked on this story for so long; and now that it's over I feel a tad empty inside... :( I've got to say that this is one of the best; if not the best Lion King story that I have ever read. There are so many facets to this story that I love.

First off; the characterisation was spot on. I don't think that I for a moment thought that your versions of the canon characters was ever OOC. You write the characters in such a way that conveys the story wonderfully. Your characterisation of Maji was also astonishing. To see my character; a tendril of thought; come to life was simply amazing. You play her incredibly well :D

The writing in this story is descriptive to a fault. Everything I read was written in such a way that I could clearly see the scenes in my head; and I love the feeling when a story does that for me. The action scenes were well thought out and never did it seem like everything was going too fast or was written clumsily.

The storyline was the one that truly touched me. I was completely swept away by the narrative of this story; and I was so completely hooked from start to finish. You wrote in such a style that there were always surprises around the corner. You kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish; feeling strong emotions when I read about a character I didn't particularly like (Eg. Fujo) as well as during the battle scenes and when I followed the stories of characters I loved. (Janga) When I finished reading this story; I legitimately cried.

I always had an inkling feeling that Kopa wouldn't make the end of the story. It started with him and also ended with him; in a sense, this has given me closure. I didn't even know how attached I'd gotten to characters until they had died.

This story is truly a sight to behold, my friend, and I'm so thankful for stumbling upon the first book; two years ago. This story has set me on an emotional rollercoaster that I've been to happy to be a part of. I loved this story; and am looking forward to the potential sequel.

Know that you're always welcome to speak to me, my friend. I want to thank you very much for posting this story; for coming up with this idea in the first place. You're one of the best authors in the TLK fandom; one of the best writers on the site, in my opinion. The world deserves to know who you are and what you can do. This story deserves international and acclaimed recognition.

I love, love, love this story. Thank you so much for sticking with it. I'll never forget this story; it's taught me things about myself that I'll carry to the grave. I'll definitely re-read these over and over again.

LoveNeverDies8 chapter 20 . 5/30/2014
Dear Incarnate Firefly,

First of all, I would like to thank you with all my heart for finishing this wonderful story. You gave me a reading experience that is extraordinary beyond words, and I loved every moment of it from start to finish. I will never regret all those times I read deep into the night, or those times I refreshed my email page five times before accepting there weren't any new chapters.

For love never dies, nor does faith.

I've seen you apologise in various places, for the angst you had brought. In my eyes, it was the waves of hopelessness and deep senses of loss that made this story indescribable. That bittersweet finishing... YOU NAILED IT. It is exactly what Kopa's Legacy needed. Your writing style - the way you incorporated angst is what makes this novel extraordinarily unique. I can never stress that enough.

All in all, Kopa's Legacy was wonderful to read. A heart stopping novel that brought me to tears in various places. My faith in you grew stronger each time I received a new chapter. I shall look forward to seeing more from you. Until then, take care and...

Keep writing!
LoveNeverDies, faith doesn't either.
MuggleCreator chapter 20 . 5/30/2014
Sniff. Of course... A little cub.
Great ending.
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 20 . 5/30/2014

Vitani growls: Keep it down, WNR! My cub is trying to sleep.

WNR: *whimpers* Sorry. *Looks back at computer screen to continue review* You're absolutely welcome for following and for being a friend. It's been pretty darn cool! And the whole story is really good. In fact, I feel that I should be the one thanking you: you actually got me aware of FanFiction, and after reading book 1 of Kopa's Legacy I became inspired to write my own fanfics. Mostly Batman Beyond fics now, but still. Yet, the Lion King story I have been working on on and off, in my opinion, is not nearly as good as your Kopa's Legacy story. And quite honestly, I hope you do make a sequel to this, but just take your time. I know it can be stressful and that you'll want to take a break (as you stated above). Anyway, till next time, live long and *belts out* EULALIA! :P

Cub is heard crying.

Vitani: WNR!

WNR bolts out of the cave and disappears as if she's like Batman.
22teamplayer chapter 20 . 5/30/2014
The nostalgic feeling is setting in. As a brand new "author", I'm not sure I can call myself that yet, it's been a privilege to be along for the ride. The ups and the downs. Oh what am I saying, there were no downs. Good things are worth waiting for.
The character development throughout the series was incredible. You could really sense what was unfolding in some of their whacked out minds. I'll admit I didn't expect Janga to do what she did. But now that it's over I can see it fit her character perfectly. I can only imagine what kind of a-chewing she's going to get when she gets up there. She did kind of ruin everything for nothing, i.e. Mheetu didn't die.
While I can't say I wasn't a bit melancholy when Kopa was finally unable to beat the odds, I think you executed it perfectly. I think it tied together the hero's journey theme nicely.

I think Haradion already hit the nail on the head so I'll leave it at that. When your next story hits the page I'll be riding its heels. Until then, I look forward to Fall of Man.

PS: HOW COULD YOU GET RID OF THE BLOOPERS REEL OH MY GOD I'M GONNA KILL SOMEONE! LOL! I'm sure you already have your hands full with Asante's story.

Big Fan, 22teamplayer
Haradion chapter 20 . 5/30/2014
Well... This is it then. Strange. Its been going for a while - though I think I joined around the end of the Second Book?

You did spectacularly with Bane. He's a murderous bastard all round, and I was extremely flattered he ended up being the Last Man standing, among Janga (Who became a protagonist) Kivuli, Jahara, and others. Your take on the character is brilliant.

The series has been a rollarcoaster - with many unexpected twists and turns along the way.
I remember when the word "Keeper" was only a whispered shadow. When we had no idea what storm was coming their way. Its been fun. Everything had its groundwork laid, and I am impressed - things I write tend to drop off as they age, and new things take their place. But you have an arsenal of Checkov's Guns. (Wiki that if your unfamiliar) which was extremely impressive.

The OC's were interesting, consistent, and engaging, and the CC's were completely aligned with their movie depiction which is an increasingly neglected skill in this fandom.
Overall, the series should go down as one of the Greats in this Fandom, along with TPYMK, Asante, Kiara32, and others. Really nice work.

I enjoyed Kivuli as a twist - and I loved how each villain had their own motives, and methods.

I am especially pleased with how you avoided cliche and overused tropes, and I should never have worried when it looked like Janga was reforming. She died as she lived. A complex character of dubious morality, but driven to it by circumstance and tragedy. She remained ruthless and bitter to the end, completely consistent whilst not being bland or boring.
Really nice work.

I look forward to working with you on Fall of Man in the future and I looked forward to reading more of your work, as and when it comes.
If you want to discuss ideas or plotlines then drop me a PM. :D

Until next time though, farewell. And thank you for the Fanfiction you have allowed me to read.
Bookworm Gal chapter 20 . 5/30/2014
A beautiful ending to a wonderful series. It certainly ties back into the Circle of Life motif from the movie. And I'm glad my story inspired you so much.
196 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »