Reviews for Kopa's Legacy — Book V: The Eye of the Tempest
22teamplayer chapter 20 . 5/30/2014
The nostalgic feeling is setting in. As a brand new "author", I'm not sure I can call myself that yet, it's been a privilege to be along for the ride. The ups and the downs. Oh what am I saying, there were no downs. Good things are worth waiting for.
The character development throughout the series was incredible. You could really sense what was unfolding in some of their whacked out minds. I'll admit I didn't expect Janga to do what she did. But now that it's over I can see it fit her character perfectly. I can only imagine what kind of a-chewing she's going to get when she gets up there. She did kind of ruin everything for nothing, i.e. Mheetu didn't die.
While I can't say I wasn't a bit melancholy when Kopa was finally unable to beat the odds, I think you executed it perfectly. I think it tied together the hero's journey theme nicely.

I think Haradion already hit the nail on the head so I'll leave it at that. When your next story hits the page I'll be riding its heels. Until then, I look forward to Fall of Man.

PS: HOW COULD YOU GET RID OF THE BLOOPERS REEL OH MY GOD I'M GONNA KILL SOMEONE! LOL! I'm sure you already have your hands full with Asante's story.

Big Fan, 22teamplayer
Haradion chapter 20 . 5/30/2014
Well... This is it then. Strange. Its been going for a while - though I think I joined around the end of the Second Book?

You did spectacularly with Bane. He's a murderous bastard all round, and I was extremely flattered he ended up being the Last Man standing, among Janga (Who became a protagonist) Kivuli, Jahara, and others. Your take on the character is brilliant.

The series has been a rollarcoaster - with many unexpected twists and turns along the way.
I remember when the word "Keeper" was only a whispered shadow. When we had no idea what storm was coming their way. Its been fun. Everything had its groundwork laid, and I am impressed - things I write tend to drop off as they age, and new things take their place. But you have an arsenal of Checkov's Guns. (Wiki that if your unfamiliar) which was extremely impressive.

The OC's were interesting, consistent, and engaging, and the CC's were completely aligned with their movie depiction which is an increasingly neglected skill in this fandom.
Overall, the series should go down as one of the Greats in this Fandom, along with TPYMK, Asante, Kiara32, and others. Really nice work.

I enjoyed Kivuli as a twist - and I loved how each villain had their own motives, and methods.

I am especially pleased with how you avoided cliche and overused tropes, and I should never have worried when it looked like Janga was reforming. She died as she lived. A complex character of dubious morality, but driven to it by circumstance and tragedy. She remained ruthless and bitter to the end, completely consistent whilst not being bland or boring.
Really nice work.

I look forward to working with you on Fall of Man in the future and I looked forward to reading more of your work, as and when it comes.
If you want to discuss ideas or plotlines then drop me a PM. :D

Until next time though, farewell. And thank you for the Fanfiction you have allowed me to read.
Bookworm Gal chapter 20 . 5/30/2014
A beautiful ending to a wonderful series. It certainly ties back into the Circle of Life motif from the movie. And I'm glad my story inspired you so much.
22teamplayer chapter 19 . 5/29/2014
One word, HEAVY. I could fill an entire page with all the things I could say about this chapter. I will say I almost shed a tear by the end. A true hero's journey.
Oh Janga. A broken mind refuses to be helped. And everyone has their breaking point. In truth I find it hard to blame her for what she did. When you've lost everything, you have nothing to lose. BUT she DIDN'T lose him. How the story would be different if the sorry souls didn't rush to conclusions.
I swear that last scene was, for lack of a better term, abstract. The feeling of walking outside your own body.
However you choose to end it, it has been one kickass journey.
Big Fan, 22teamplayer.
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
NNOOOOOOO! NOT KOPA! NOT MHEETU! NOT JANGA! NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Man, poor Vitani, Simba, Kiara, and Nala! They've lost Kopa... AGAIN! Well, at least he's with Tumaini now... Kinda reminds me of a song from Within Temptation called "Stairway To The Skies"...

I look forward to reading the epilogue when it comes out. :)
MuggleCreator chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
?
Ookaaaay then... :,(
Bookworm Gal chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
Very impressive. I look forward to the epilogue. Good luck.
Soildier chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
These five books were a very interesting read. You gave each character a good background, personality, and overall qualities. You created an immersive story that left many longing for more. Chapters were not short or sloppy, good grammar, and a professional feel. You have made a strong universe that could go farther than you might think. I look forward to any more stories that you write.

As is there is good, sadly, there’s bad. This was not an ending, I felt, fit together. I am not against characters (or protagonists) dying for their causes. I just felt like it was empty. I mean, it didn't have a sense of closure I was expecting this story to lead to. Lastly, some of the fight sequences felt unrealistic. The one I have the most grief with is the final fight between Kopa and Janga. You had Janga essentially manhandle Kopa; he got a few hits in, but she then started to body ram him multiple times. Him, being a male lion, hypothetically shouldn’t happen. He is much bigger and stronger, not to mention younger. Overall, I feel the ending is reminiscent to Mass Effect 3’s, unfulfilling.

Nonetheless, this was still a very exceptional story and I look forward to the epilogue. Thank you for all your work. Good Job!
Wiechcheu1925 chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
Wow, to be honest, I did not see that coming. I totally expected Kopa to live and be able to be with Vitani. I guess though not every story has a happy ending. Although that's probably my romantic side speaking.

Although I wonder if the events from Chapter 8 might turn this sad ending into a bittersweet one instead. I guess we'll have to see.
Haradion chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
Aww... God that was sad!
I love what you did with Janga! Her actions are consistent and I should never have worried you'd slip into clichés!
Then final fight was fantastic. Kopa's death was tragic and done marvellously. It was so well written.
I enjoyed the chapter, and I shall do a review for the whole series as a whole when the epilogue comes out.

Nice work!
Bookworm Gal chapter 18 . 5/23/2014
Sorry I fell behind on reviewing. Life just sort of distracted me. This is still impressive work and I eagerly await the next chapter. Good luck.
22teamplayer chapter 18 . 5/12/2014
So Kivuli and Bane. Two greedy asses with an agenda as long as their tails. Everything is always obvious in hindsight isn't it.
I wonder how Zamaradi will feel after she realizes she ordered all those innocent to be killed for nothing. Though the real question is, is she really to blame? And if not, who is? So many have died on both sides, and there was enough betrayals to rival Scar's count.
Now there's only one question left? What exactly is this "secret within Mount Tempest"?

I can't wait to find out. Great work, keeps me on the edge. Back next time, later.
FoxOfLight77 chapter 18 . 5/12/2014
Man things are getting even more tense.
Haradion chapter 18 . 5/11/2014
Wow... Bane is a slippery hazard in this as well as Legacies. :D
You have the character completely sussed. Nice work.

Zamaradi... I don't know if she will survive the battle. I just hope she takes responsibility for her actions first... Ni's pride... So many died because she was unable to simply have a conversation with the fought people... She's a terrible leader. I hope she gets the full story, and realises that the hyenas Simba its working with were driven there by the keepers...

I hope Janga survives. It seems a bit cliché to have her snuff it.

But whatever you decide, I am sure it will be great! Nice work. I enjoyed this chapter.
MuggleCreator chapter 18 . 5/11/2014