Reviews for Kopa's Legacy — Book V: The Eye of the Tempest
22teamplayer chapter 19 . 5/29/2014
One word, HEAVY. I could fill an entire page with all the things I could say about this chapter. I will say I almost shed a tear by the end. A true hero's journey.
Oh Janga. A broken mind refuses to be helped. And everyone has their breaking point. In truth I find it hard to blame her for what she did. When you've lost everything, you have nothing to lose. BUT she DIDN'T lose him. How the story would be different if the sorry souls didn't rush to conclusions.
I swear that last scene was, for lack of a better term, abstract. The feeling of walking outside your own body.
However you choose to end it, it has been one kickass journey.
Big Fan, 22teamplayer.
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
NNOOOOOOO! NOT KOPA! NOT MHEETU! NOT JANGA! NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Man, poor Vitani, Simba, Kiara, and Nala! They've lost Kopa... AGAIN! Well, at least he's with Tumaini now... Kinda reminds me of a song from Within Temptation called "Stairway To The Skies"...

I look forward to reading the epilogue when it comes out. :)
MuggleCreator chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
?
Ookaaaay then... :,(
Bookworm Gal chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
Very impressive. I look forward to the epilogue. Good luck.
Soildier chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
These five books were a very interesting read. You gave each character a good background, personality, and overall qualities. You created an immersive story that left many longing for more. Chapters were not short or sloppy, good grammar, and a professional feel. You have made a strong universe that could go farther than you might think. I look forward to any more stories that you write.

As is there is good, sadly, there’s bad. This was not an ending, I felt, fit together. I am not against characters (or protagonists) dying for their causes. I just felt like it was empty. I mean, it didn't have a sense of closure I was expecting this story to lead to. Lastly, some of the fight sequences felt unrealistic. The one I have the most grief with is the final fight between Kopa and Janga. You had Janga essentially manhandle Kopa; he got a few hits in, but she then started to body ram him multiple times. Him, being a male lion, hypothetically shouldn’t happen. He is much bigger and stronger, not to mention younger. Overall, I feel the ending is reminiscent to Mass Effect 3’s, unfulfilling.

Nonetheless, this was still a very exceptional story and I look forward to the epilogue. Thank you for all your work. Good Job!
Wiechcheu1925 chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
Wow, to be honest, I did not see that coming. I totally expected Kopa to live and be able to be with Vitani. I guess though not every story has a happy ending. Although that's probably my romantic side speaking.

Although I wonder if the events from Chapter 8 might turn this sad ending into a bittersweet one instead. I guess we'll have to see.
Haradion chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
Aww... God that was sad!
I love what you did with Janga! Her actions are consistent and I should never have worried you'd slip into clichés!
Then final fight was fantastic. Kopa's death was tragic and done marvellously. It was so well written.
I enjoyed the chapter, and I shall do a review for the whole series as a whole when the epilogue comes out.

Nice work!
Bookworm Gal chapter 18 . 5/23/2014
Sorry I fell behind on reviewing. Life just sort of distracted me. This is still impressive work and I eagerly await the next chapter. Good luck.
22teamplayer chapter 18 . 5/12/2014
So Kivuli and Bane. Two greedy asses with an agenda as long as their tails. Everything is always obvious in hindsight isn't it.
I wonder how Zamaradi will feel after she realizes she ordered all those innocent to be killed for nothing. Though the real question is, is she really to blame? And if not, who is? So many have died on both sides, and there was enough betrayals to rival Scar's count.
Now there's only one question left? What exactly is this "secret within Mount Tempest"?

I can't wait to find out. Great work, keeps me on the edge. Back next time, later.
FoxOfLight77 chapter 18 . 5/12/2014
Man things are getting even more tense.
Haradion chapter 18 . 5/11/2014
Wow... Bane is a slippery hazard in this as well as Legacies. :D
You have the character completely sussed. Nice work.

Zamaradi... I don't know if she will survive the battle. I just hope she takes responsibility for her actions first... Ni's pride... So many died because she was unable to simply have a conversation with the fought people... She's a terrible leader. I hope she gets the full story, and realises that the hyenas Simba its working with were driven there by the keepers...

I hope Janga survives. It seems a bit cliché to have her snuff it.

But whatever you decide, I am sure it will be great! Nice work. I enjoyed this chapter.
MuggleCreator chapter 18 . 5/11/2014
Ooooh... Great stuff.
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 18 . 5/11/2014
YAY! Zamaradi finally knows the truths she hasn't seen! :D I can't wait for the next one to see how the wild dog fight is dealt with! :D
ASniper chapter 17 . 5/11/2014
It's nice that the final battle's had so much lead-up. It's kind of reminding me of all the lead-up put into a battle in one of the Lord of the Rings or the Chronicles of Narnia series. Such a major confrontation doesn't happen suddenly, and having the preparations take so long does good for it. Compared to this, the battle between Simba and Zira's prides was a tiny skirmish.

As for prediction, I can say as a reader that you've got me wondering about the outcomes. There's more than one group that could potentially head off the conflict, but they'd have to move quickly, and after so much build-up, a battle scene seems inevitable from a structure standpoint. If there is battle going to happen, make sure it's written on a big scale, 'cause two prides of lions against an alliance of members from practically all the other species ought to be a massive conflict.
ASniper chapter 16 . 5/11/2014
Glad to see at least one of the Keepers willing to listen. In the scene where they capture Mheetu and Nala, however, there was one problem I got hung up on, and it was repetition of Nala's motivations for going between her thoughts and her dialogue. Already, I was getting that the situation could be resolved by Nala going along with them, and having her go with them willingly is the right call because it means she's on the right track towards helping resolve things, it's just the "Nala had no idea" paragraph that gets me. We already know her thought from above that she's not about to let Mheetu go, and her decision to do so because of that is clear from the dialogue line. I'd recommend just cutting the thought there short so it goes more quickly.

Aside from that, good chapter as usual. I hope the next one brings us a little insight into Kivuli's motives, if we haven't had that already, 'cause apparently it's been too long for me to remember them.
196 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »