Reviews for Green Candles
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
This fic seems so, so appropriate in the light of Emma Watson's speech at the U.N.
soaked velvet starlight chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
There are no words. No words at all. One of the most gorgeous and creepily dark-but-in-character fics I've ever read. The poem is hair-raising in it's intensity and horror and perfect placement.
DyingDyingDeadDelete chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
I read this years ago at FictionAlley and I was just telling someone about this fic the other day. It really stayed with me and I'm pleased to have come across it again. It's funny how I found it, I was reading one of your Utena fics (which are lovely, by the way) and then found this again. I really love how you use the language and tell these beautiful, haunting stories with a minimum of fuss. These stories stay with a reader, and I really admire that. I also love how you write Hermione here. This story has always struck me as very possible, and so some extent, you were proved right in DH when Hermione modified her parents memories. She has so much potential for pragmatic darkness and hardly anyone writes it. I really do adore this fic and I'm enjoying reading your others works. They give me a lot to think about, which is a very nice change.
elven dreamer chapter 1 . 12/10/2004
Oh. My. God. This is stunning. I have never read Hermione pertrayed like this before. You have really wow-ed me.
BlueTulip chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
Very impressive...sort of a new way to look at Hermione. Excellent fic.
Daintress chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
A truly excellent introspection piece. I really enjoyed it, not least because it makes Hermione sound a lot like the OC I created for my stories, though Hermione in this story is far more intentional about her thoughts. I'm legitimately impressed and hope you'll continue to write. I'd love to see what you think the other main characters are thinking around this time. Hope you get a chance to check out my fic, too!
Hitaka chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
Mmm... It's like a new way of looking at Herm, writing this. It's amazingly good.
The Tower of WEIRDNESS-NESS chapter 1 . 11/16/2002
WHOAH! that was cooooool.. she's turning mad, aint she? i like how you can enter the character's minds and everything, you HAVE to teach me that!