Reviews for In Bad Faith
naturefire chapter 6 . 10/13
yahiro365 chapter 6 . 10/4
My goodness. Dude. This story is something else. I love the premise and execution and everything really. This is really fun to read. Great work!
Sandafairy chapter 6 . 10/2
This story is extremely intriguing. It's such a shame that it hasn't been updated in years. I couldn't get enough! I was interested in seeing Dez become a Ravenclaw and some interactions with other characters. Hopefully you don't give up on this story. :)
Nahannah chapter 6 . 8/29
Aaaaaand now I've come to the end. Le sadness. Le wailing and grinding of teeth.
You're probably sick and tired of hearing people gush over a dead story, but I've still gotta say MAN THIS WAS BRILLIANT.
I'm annoyed with myself because I'm in literally none of your other stories' fandoms, but I'll probably be back to yap at you again when I discover my best friend's crunchyroll password.
Until then, rock on, sir.
Alex chapter 6 . 8/19
You, The Author: Slayer Anderson, probably will not ever read this but I would still like to say something anyways. When searching for something good to read I usually go to search books over 60,000 words that is completed and has an OC. Sometimes, however, I look at INCOMPLETE books over 60,000 words, that has an OC. In the top ten I believe or around so, I found your story.

When I went to your profile page, written on it it was your explanation for the discontinuation of this story. It reads (for those who are too lazy) "In Bad Faith: I have no excuse for this. Really, I don't. I'm not exactly sorry for it, but I do acknowledge the egregious nature of this particular fanfiction sin. Feel free to criticize me for for the crime of a self-insert."

I was honestly shocked, being the fact that this story is in such a high ranking (when searching Favorites or Follows, K-T, 60,000 words, OC). I am not here to criticize you for abandoning this fanfiction, nor am I writing "MOAR" or "GIVE ME MORE!" I am simply saying (well typing) that this 'sin' of a fan fiction is damn well good (and written), if this is a sin then My Immortal, another SI Harry Potter fan fiction is Satan itself.

Here's the link if anyone reading this comment is wondering why it's so bad: s/6829556/1/My-Immortal

- Alex ( a.k.a. YĆ«gure)
p.s. I apologize for any errors in my spelling
Kakatoes chapter 1 . 8/13
Best SI I've ever seen.

Really great story, with a really likable character.

However even if it makes me sad, I perfectly understand why you stopped the story here. The SI part was "done", now you only have a Malefoy character with her quirks. And the super-intelligent story are plentiful.

What bother me the most is that to get this kind of character development (Someone with a bad a priori with the Malfoy but who learn to love them after seeing them in their intimacy) is only feasible with SI/time travel thing. As you *need* the character to have the same vision than the reader. As well as trust from the Malfoy. Which can only be obtained by being part of the family.

It's really a shame that you stopped though, I love the struggle from the MC, when she realizes that she loves her parents, is proud from being what she is while she has her own insecurities.
NouvelleVoix chapter 6 . 8/10
You know, your profile says that this is a particularly egregious sin, but you've written one of the better self-inserts I've ever read. Self-inserts can often be pretty terrible, but this one is pretty good! I'm sorry to see that you've given up on it, but I hope you'll come back to it eventually! I especially enjoyed your world-building.
prototype gear chapter 6 . 7/30
And this was discontinued...? Why? After making something so wonderfully crafted, after making despised charachters be human and actually likeable, you give up? Did you lose your drive?
Hessalasse chapter 6 . 7/26
Hi, I know that this fic is dead. But I just wanted to say that I really loved it and thank you for writing it. Desdemona is awesome but still somehow manages to be human :D
*round of applause*

Very well done!
themaltesefalcon chapter 6 . 6/22
This is so amazing and well-written, and Desdemona is such a brilliantly intricate character. Thank you for sharing! I love this story.
flyingreddog chapter 1 . 6/22
'The pink thing', hilarious!
k123 chapter 6 . 6/21
I've really enjoyed reading this fic. Seeing Desdmona's dichotomy between her adult mind and childish body, and the morals she carried over from her last life vs the pureblood indoctrination is really interesting.

I'm glad she's still close with Tarry and Virgo. I think her friends are part of what help her keep her moral center. Thanks for writing!
why is this deeeeead