Reviews for The Sound of Silence
Silvermoon of Forestclan chapter 43 . 7/22/2014
I loved this story! God, it had me so emotional.

I love this whole series- fleshing out the characters with emotions and lives outside of the show, even when events were still cannon. It's well-written, too.
madcloisfan chapter 43 . 2/3/2014
Loved it
Whatif-ifonly chapter 43 . 10/13/2013
The awards ceremony was terrific - I loved that John even included a medal for Henry... it's nice to see the Reids' life starting to get back to normal while they focus on healing and recovering from their ordeal. I'm glad Sandy and Charles have decided to move to the DC area to be closer JJ, Spencer, Henry, and Rosie... and what a fantastic way to end this one with Spence reflecting on his mother's words from her journal - which is the story that started off this series in the first place - great tie in! Although I have to admit - I can't help wondering how the case turned out... maybe you can give that an honorable mention in one fo the chapters in 'Soundings'? Congratulations on yet another masterpiece on your part!
Whatif-ifonly chapter 42 . 10/13/2013
I'm glad you had Morgan get "discovered" by Reid with the plate... it was a series of nice moments between JJ, Spence, and Morgan. I'm glad Spence has manged to bounce back so quickly - and as always I enjoyed seeing JJ and Spence discussing their faith and how's it was tested... and I absolutely love Spence's line about how "maybe we all just need to be God for each other"... how very true and very wise.
Whatif-ifonly chapter 41 . 10/13/2013
I love when you do the internal monologues, not just for JJ or Spence, but for all the other characters as well. It was interesting getting to see Charles' thoughts on JJ and Spencer's relationship. And poor JJ and Spence just can't seem to catch a break... thank goodness for friends like Morgan!
Whatif-ifonly chapter 40 . 10/12/2013
You are just yanking my heart strings every which way... It's wonderful to see Spence up and around and reunited with his family and friends. Poor Henry having to deal with the nightmares... and I loved the heartfelt moment between Reid and Emily.
Whatif-ifonly chapter 39 . 10/12/2013
Once again so wonderfull thought out and detailed. I love the way you've written the hospital staff... except for perhaps the interns or residents or whatever they were a few chapters ago... but I suppose they have to learn their bedside manner somewhere... although I feel horrible for JJ that she had to be their learning curve so to speak. At least the head doctor came back though... and I suppose that is also one of the details that adds to the realism of your story.
Whatif-ifonly chapter 38 . 10/12/2013
I love that you've really taken you're time with this and allowed all of the details to develop so that we get the full picture of what they're going through and how everything is progressing.
Whatif-ifonly chapter 37 . 10/12/2013
Oh Henry... I can't even tell you how wonderful this whole chapter was.. you have me tearing up. Wonderfully done.
Whatif-ifonly chapter 36 . 10/12/2013
I love the progression of JJ's conversations with God... and poor Henry. That little guy has been through so much for someone so young... and you've done an absolutely brilliant job showing that.
Whatif-ifonly chapter 35 . 10/12/2013
It was nice to see a bit of light heartedness mixed in here again... God bless Garcia and Rossi... loved JJ remembing the conversation about Rossi getting Rosie a convertible when she turned sixteen... wonderful transition chapter as we followed JJ and Henry from PA back to DC and watched JJ getting not quite up to speed, but certainly headed that way...
Whatif-ifonly chapter 34 . 10/12/2013
Poor Morgan - you did a wonderful job showing his sheer panic and horror at not knowing what was going on with Reid or in PA. I can completely empathize with Rossi being glad that the 'unsubs' needed emergency medical help... I wanted to reach through the screen and hurt them myselves... of all the despicable..

The scene with the Jareau clan telling each other how much they all love their children was beautiful in that they've learned to never take a single moment or opportunity to say the words for granted... and yet heartbreaking that they had to learn that lesson the hard way - excellent job portraying that.

Here's to hoping that John is successful in getting the jurisdctional issues sorted out... something tells me he won't be backing down since it was his agents that busted the case wide open... and his agents the paid the price to do so. By the way... bailiwick is such a great word... I've always loved it... and I can definitely see that being a word of choice for Hotch.

I'm practically in tears, I'll have you know... just when it looked like everything was going to start to get better... Casey?

What a beautiful chapter... yet again of course. :D
Whatif-ifonly chapter 33 . 10/12/2013
You never cease to amaze me with how much you are able to fit into each chapter! The level of detail is amazing - I feel like I'm at a movie theater watching a suspense thriller play out on the screen. It was interesting to see Hotch interact with John as a superior as opposed to all of the interactions we've seen him have with Strauss over the years. I loved JJ refusing to leave her Dad behind since she knew it was the only way she'd get him to leave the house... and I'm really glad right now that I get to just go read the next chapter!
Whatif-ifonly chapter 32 . 10/12/2013
Wow - wonderful job with the tension and the suspense! I like how you showed what was happening at each of the locations - wonderfully done.
Whatif-ifonly chapter 31 . 10/12/2013
Dun, dun, dun... what a cliff hanger! Another great chapter... I have to say - I was wondering about Stuart seeing as his what has to be somewhat limited income from disability would make him a prime candidate for the ring... also interesting how Reid trusted him right up until the very end, whereas he was at least somewhat suspicious of everyone else all along as he tried to figure out who he could trust... and now onto the next chapter and getting caught up!