Reviews for Dissolve
wittybunny chapter 19 . 12/23/2021
Very interesting story. Definitely different and well-written.
novelreader chapter 19 . 12/3/2021
Wow this wasn't what I expected.

I love Sheldon but Leonard has every right to be angry at Sheldon. I do think there's some element of fondness but Leonard always seemed more exasperated with Sheldon in cannon, plus at times it also seemed like he was in a hostage situation nevermind how controlling Sheldon got with him over the Roommate Agreement and how things always went Sheldon's way. Also the criticisms and putting down Sheldon does to Leonard so I think we're skimming over the flaws. If Leonard ever found Sheldon with Penny, no matter how much he does love them, a dam would break. The man has insecurity issues and also some hurt caused by both. Penny represents the pretty girl of his dreams, the girl he never got in high school because of how he was looked down on as a nerd and got bullied too and Sheldon represents the much personal failing of his, never pleasing his mother and family with his accomplishments (actually to a lesser extent Penny is that too for him since well he goes for women who aren't seemingly interested in him and once they are he freaks out e.g Stephenie Bartlett). So I'd say the ending was pretty tame and nice, no drama...but considering you wanted to end this I understand why you wrote it like this. It's nice and sweet though unrealistic. (to be fair, a lot of this fic is unrealisitic).

My favourite thing about this fic is honestly no the Shenny parts. I mean the sex was great but the romance was too fast and didn't have the explanation of how and why Shenny got together which wouldn't be hard because we have idk 5-6 seasons of explanation given by the show. The most famous scenes are Shennys scenes and honestly it's not hard to see their bond is deep. Penny being protective is great and I think you definately hit the nail when you have her falling for Sheldon after seeing a different side of him because it's clear even if there is some attraction and bond, she'd never go for Sheldon because she doesn't see him as a man, just a man-child or whackadoole so she's just fond of him. Him showing this other side gives a whole new deeper element to him and tbh I think Penny would prefer a guy like that rather than just a nice guy. Deep down she doesn't really want just a nice guy but I think she was hurt so much by her previous relationship that she settled for the nice guy.

Anyway my favourite part of this fic is the bond Sheldon shares with his brother. It may be disfunctional but frankly it's far better and wholesome than Sheldon's relationship with Leonard. Fuck I'd probably say cannon George Jr and Sheldon's relationship is better than Sheldon and Leonard. George Jr in cannon does not let his brother walk over him and is capable of out-manuevering or arguing against his logic. He's like Kirk and Sheldon is Spock. I feel like Leonard was supposed to be the Kirk to Sheldon's Spock in Big Bang Theory but it ended up being Penny instead. She fits the Kirk role better. But as much as I love Young Sheldon's Georgie (both old and young), I prefer your George Jr better and the relationship you've concocted for both him and Sheldon. We get stories of siblings bullying each other and competing against each other (Leonard and Raj), and we don't see siblings getting along. In cannon, Sheldon and Georgie definitely don't get along, if anything young Sheldon looks down on his brother like he does most people. In here, Sheldon deep down looks up to his older brother even though he doesn't want to. It's such a different side of Sheldon and you wouldn't believe it because this is the most egocentric self-absorbed guy but somehow you made it fit his character. He loves his brother and looks up to him as a role model when his father failed him in that. And George Jr here is very protective and caring of Sheldon. He even played a part in Sheldon loving sci-fi, superheroes, and comic books. Ugh! I love that! It's even better than the explanation the show gave. Sheldon's love of Flash came from sneaking in George Jr's room and stealing one of his comics lol xD In the show, George Jr is mostly apathetic to Sheldon and jealous as well. He thinks of his brother as a burden and an embarrassment though as the show goes on we do see him maturing and he does listen and cater to Sheldon's whims because it makes him feel better. There was one episode where he gets Sheldon to help him in a scheme to make money. I loved that. The closest thing the show got to be like your George Jr and Sheldon relationship. I could just imagine them getting into so much trouble. I have to say I like that Sheldon haha.

Anyway, there's probably more to say...but I can't think of anything right now. I wish I could review again later to say everything I want about this fic. This is one of my favorites only because I just love George Jr and Sheldon and yes on the concept of MMA fighting lol xP. There were again some unrealistic elements and stuff where I was skeptical and had questions but overall it was a nice fic. Thank you for writing it :)
novelreader chapter 17 . 11/28/2021
Wow you had to create Rachel for me to kind of ship them haha though I do like the idea of it being more one-sided then two. Though idk it looks like Sheldon did care for Rachel only the whole situation was complicated because of their brothers. Damn sounds like a good romance or rather star-crossed lover thing.
Nivelreser chapter 16 . 10/24/2021
I want the backstory of Junior and his fighting days so bad! And how Sheldon helped him during those times and Junior falling down deeper into the world of fighting and how it changed him
novelreader chapter 6 . 9/30/2021
You write a pretty compelling sheldon and the reasons why he has problems with intimacy and relationships more so than Penny even. Also I like how bits of his selfless nature that he hides behind a veneer of harshness and cruelty and how finally he cracks and just thinks about himself even though he should be thinking of Leonard and Amy. I feel like Penny and Sheldon deserve to be selfish for once. They're both expected to fulfill fantasies and be grateful to two people who idealize them and would do anything for them precisely because of that idealization. I think both just want to be themselves and for someone to accept the bad along with the good. To not always base their decisions on the happiness of another. Also the cracks to his exterior, that's referring to the shield he first puts up after witnessing Marky slam a baseball bat on that kid making him go through a concussion and get brain damage right?
novelreader chapter 4 . 9/24/2021
Wow, that ending scene sounds like it could be in an 80s greaser film like the Outsiders or any of S.E. Hilton's works. It was so good. The college frat boys vs the uneducated working class boys...or the greaser, the gangster, whatever you call them, the ones who weren't able to go to college because they got to work and they have no money.

I have to say when I first read this I thought Junior was in on what Marky was doing. That he knew Marky was gonna kill Abel as punishment or a message to anyone who tries to skimp over paying them. Really does seem like Junior got himself into a gang or something.
novelreader chapter 3 . 9/24/2021
As much as I love your version of George (hell I adore it) my recent watch of Young Sheldon and also I do kinda like Jerry O'Connell as older George plus the thing the creators put that George looks like a young version of Patrick Schwayze... So I'm picturing Jerry instead of Jake (even though Jerry O'Connell seems to be incapable of growing a beard and Jake is pretty handsome you're right with a beard. I mean not a lot of people can pull it off)
DoeBlueEyes11 chapter 19 . 4/9/2021
Such a touching story, no matter how many times I've reread it.
DoeBlueEyes11 chapter 1 . 4/4/2021
This AU is so realistic that you really do forget that the writers really messed up the cannon TBBT. So great job in making me forget that mess up!
Guest chapter 19 . 2/23/2021
If anyone ask you what a rollercoaster of emotion is, make them read this. It's very realistic that Howard was pissed off at them, and I really appreciated that they confronted Leonard together. Maybe they shouldn't have waited this long, but their apology is really heartfelt - "I will spend as long as it takes to earn back any fragment of trust you could muster and show you that your friendship truly means a great deal to me, even though I may not deserve it".
Also loved the epilogue of Sheldon and Penny's love story, of course. "Even in the deepest realms of his REM cycle he knew she was there, and would always be".
Guest chapter 15 . 2/23/2021
What a hot chapter! Insane (and sweet, too). It looks like they won't tell Leonard soon, by the way.
Guest chapter 10 . 2/23/2021
I have mixed feelings towards this. They undoubtly did a horrible thing to Leonard - just a few weeks after she told him she loved him at the airport before he left - but they truly seem to be deeply in love with each other that I can almost justify them. "If it were possible to hold you here forever, I would hie a happy man"... and then the image of them cuddled together in the bed, naked, not tired of kissing each other even after intercourse. I think they should tell Leonard before he comes back, anyway.
NightHowler0 chapter 19 . 1/4/2021
This was a beautiful story.
NightHowler0 chapter 17 . 1/4/2021
Love this so much
Guest chapter 5 . 2/1/2020
Great story, but I’m really not getting the premise. I’m assuming the type of fighting Junior is doing is illegal, but hiw is he throwing the fight? Throwing a fight means purposely losing, but he is always winning. And examine how your competitors fight and what their weaknesses and figuring out how to overcome them are isn’t cheating; it’s what every professional boxer or player in any sport does.. So I see the danger because it’s presumably an illegal sport with unsavory characters, but I’m not really getting what The extra bad part of what Junior and Sheldon are doing is supposed to be.