Reviews for How to Write a PJO Fanfiction
halfchickensquirrel chapter 2 . 2/2
I agree to lots of your points but I have read some decent Chaos fanfics that do not comply to what you are saying. I am yet to find a particularly good Perlia one and have found a couple of good ones with a good Annabeth...
MarissaTodd chapter 7 . 12/4/2014
I like this. A lot. There are a few things I want to comment on, though:

OCs are hard and usually end up with horrible personalities for a story. I personally enjoy thinking up character flaws. Mary Sues/Gary Stus get on my nerves. Also, I really hate it when an OC is made for the sole purpose of being a jerk and watching him/her grow into a jerk with no future. People need to understand that children can be bullies, but they can also grow and mature.

Chaos stories are terrible! Most of them are almost exactly alike. The rest are overly cliched. Not all demigods have siblings, much less ones who are jerks.

OOC characters happen way too often. I don't like Annabeth, but I can still see how she's a likeable character! The gods aren't totally heartless beings either, and I happen to like Rachel. There's no need to change her personality.

I'm an English major. I have trouble reading stories with bad spelling/grammar and retaining my sanity.

There are other things I hate in PJO fanfictions.. I hate harems. They make no sense to me, especially since there's no evidence in canon to explain why all these women love Percy, much less why they're willing to share him. Pertemis gets on my nerves, too. Same with Percy being the son of Artemis or Hestia. They. Are. ETERNAL. MAIDENS. They will never have children or fall in love. End of story. PerZoe was nice at first, but then it became cliched. Nico with a girl is annoying; the fanfictions that are more current should at least stick with his sexuality (I support LGBT too). I don't understand all the Luke and Hera hate. That's just never made much sense to me.
To.Olympus.Allons-y chapter 2 . 12/2/2014
I HONESTLY HATE CHAOS STORIES. I KNOW HATE IS A STRONG WORD BUT I AM MOST CERTAINLY GOING TO USE IT IN THIS CONTEXT. Every single one is the same! It's killing me, and there are SO many! ARGH.

And I have to admit, even though it is a bit bitchy (well, you did warn us), it's actually EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks for writing it!
you-mortal chapter 7 . 10/30/2014
Hey,
I don't know if you've stopped writing or if you're just on hiatus but your story has been really helpful to me when writing PJO so thank you for writing this.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/19/2014
I love this. Not only does it apply to the PJO fandom, but I think this covers a lot of other fandoms within FF as well. I think you're hitting the nail on the head and you are making me piss my pants from laughing so hard. Thank you :)
MissLoremasterSarah chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
I'm already in love with this.
kermywormy chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
I hadn't even read one paragraph and I was "unable to even". I am definitely using your critique to help me. You're flipping awesome, keep it up.
The Perfect Mary Sue Killer chapter 7 . 7/3/2014
This was really good and funny so far. I imagine you are busy with life, so seriously, ignore all the fucking "UPDATE AND PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEE!" reviews. Do this for yourself. That being said, I can't wait for you to rant about the high school stories. Please, don't tone down the swearing.
Guest chapter 7 . 6/17/2014
Heh, it's been a year since you updated this, but I found it and couldn't let it go wothout a review. For one, I feel like you touch on soooo many important points that just piss me off in multiple fandoms. While I don't read too much Percy Jackson FF, the Chaos plot is quite prevalent in many MANY other categories. If I had a penny for each 'Dark Naruto' or 'Dark Harry' or whatever written with a similar plot to those Chaos stories, I'd be rich. Also, characterization and proper grammar are generally at a level below a sixth grader. Anyways, thanks for a having a brain on a site filled with many writers who lack one.
SingerSongwriterToBe chapter 7 . 6/1/2014
I have to say that this is absolutely fantastic. Although I haven't been writing for a long time, I might start again, and these tips are very helpful. I'm also one of those people that rarely, if ever, write reviews. If I do write a review, it is because I really enjoy what I'm reading and I have intelligent things to say about it. Just a point about OCs. I know from experience that having too many OCs is very difficult. The quality of writing falls dramatically. Personally, I am absolutely terrible with dialogue, even though I know the grammar of it. One more thing, I have to say that a lot of these tips can be used for other fandoms. Obviously the character analysis can't be, but the tips are great. Sorry, this is kind of rambling. I just wanted to give you a few specific things I agreed with from the whole thing so far. Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 7 . 5/15/2014
Update?
aaquater chapter 7 . 5/15/2014
...wow... I've just read the whole story and I gotta say I agree with most of what you've said. I mean, if the Word document is swarmed with red, that's a definite sign something's wrong. (Or the spellcheck in your Word is switched to a different language ;) Happens sometimes...) And there are thousands of Betas for those who don't feel like correcting their work. Chaos stories... they have never appealed to me. And I guess you've ensured they never will :) Also, the OOCness - that can irritate me. I mean, Percy is just as human as Clovis, Pollux or Miranda. And for Nico to like pink fluffy toys - yeah, I think even Dionysus would have a hard time ensuring that...

What I don't agree with you on is Reading the Books stories. At least, not all of them. Sure, some are like that - with three lines of commentary in a whole, 5,000-word chapter - but some are really good, with a plot moving underneath all the reading. I like those stories, as I often find out things I didn't notice myself when I read the book. In fact, they were what got me hooked on fanfiction...

Regardless, it's your opinion and I'm not gonna start hating you because of it - just like I hope you won't start hating me :) I appreciate that you're trying to help other authors to raise the quality of stories in the PJO fandom, because honestly, some of them are really... bad, to say the least.

On another note, have you thought about challenging Arion to a cussing competition? :)
DeathToPink300 chapter 5 . 4/25/2014
I agree about Piper I really, really hate her. About the fatal flaw with Percy its not meant to be a 'character' flaw its something that can get the person killed, which could easily happen for Percy. I know that he is kind of perfect, but he kind of has to be since he has to save the universe a lot and an ordinary person would never do that. About Annabeth, I personally think that she is the worst character but unlike your statement of having no backup for hating her, there is. Her flaw hubris (which is a character flaw and a fatal flaw) makes her think the world revolves around her. She has an annoying Miss-Von Holier-Than-Though attitude like she's better than everyone else just because she's smarter even though she's extremely physically weak compared to the others. I know she is very smart but she treats everyone like there retarded and beneath her,including her own boyfriend. This goes even further when the book clearly states that she thinks she is better than the gods and could rebuild the world much better than them. If you met someone like that in real life you would think they were a bitch too. We don't just automatically think she's a bitch because she's a blonde or something, we have very clear and understandable reasons for disliking her and they are a lot better then your reasons for bashing Percy, which are basically saying you hate him because he would die for those he cares about. Also if Thalia didn't sacrifice herself Luke and Annabeth wouldn't just be sad or join the titans they would be dead so it wasn't her fault. I know your just expressing your feelings about the fandoms many, many flaws like the million chaos story's(The first one wasn't even that good) and horrible OCs(I have read some of the story's you were talking about and also wanted to shoot them) but some of the arguments your bringing up don't have any merit or have a lot less merit than the arguments others are bringing up. Your thinking of Percy as a basterd is no different than a lot of people thinking Annabeth is a bitch and we have more reasons if you think about it. Also as a side note thanks for your support of the LBGT community. A lot of writers don't like gay parings like percico/pico or lercy/perluke just because they are homophobic. I agree with a lot of the stuff on here but I also think you should be less biased about your favorite characters because you seem to be ignoring or under toning there obvious flaws and blowing up the flaws of the characters you hate.
Zane Frost chapter 7 . 4/17/2014
As a writer (albeit a crappy one) I really appreciate this fic because it really helps my writeing (did I spell that right?)
Grimm Demon chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
This actually is really gonna help. I've been working on improving my writing, and I wanna start a PJO fan fiction soon.