Reviews for Lest Mortals Dare to Dream
mylenepink chapter 51 . 2/15
Wow. I've read all stories in this series in a very short time, missing hours of sleep by simply not being able to put my phone away and stop reading. Thank you for writing this great series, you did an amazing job and I enjoyed it immensely. I don't think I've ever cried as much while reading, fanfiction or otherwise, and I really don't cry easily :p You've managed to describe the characters, situations, emotions and reactions, strengths and flaws, so extremely well, it seemed so real. I'm really hoping you'll continue this story some day. The last few chapters I thought the story was coming to an end, and end I was accepting as a great ending to this story (even though I normally hate 'bad' endings), but you're just throwing another cliffhanger at us! Regardless, whether you continue of not, thank you again for writing such an amazing story.
Salem is alive! I hope reunion of Salem and Leliana.
Markahn chapter 51 . 1/9
I am unsure whether or not my email is showing so I'll type it out with spaces, in the event you find yourself attempting to indulge me:
Deadenedsiren gmail. com
If this still fails to show, I suppose I can do nothing further.
Markahn chapter 51 . 1/9
I was content.
I was content until you took an unforeseen turn and revisited the love so perfectly brought to a close. Salem held true to her heart and to her duty, sacrificing herself in death as a Warden in an attempt to further protect Leliana through an immortal love. Leliana accepted Her fate, forgave her Maker, and proceeded into her next chapter with a calm strength despite her own uncertainty.
Then you had to pair her with Kathyra only to allow the potentiality of a reunion between two women who caught the eye of a once silent god. This can only hurt Kathyra, whether or not Leli ends up with her true love, as she will see Leli's pain and regret and sorrow and cast that inward, toward herself. This can only hurt Leli, whether or not she ends up with Salem. This can only hurt Salem. Either the two lovers fight, or Salem simply truly becomes the force that finally tears apart the faith Leliana places in the Maker, thus eradicating any chance she had in changing Thedas for the better.
Your writing is incredible, the way you tear apart your characters and leave them exposed, only for your readers to gather every word and attempt to repair them, astounds me.
You have succeeded in ripping apart my heart, and you have succeeded in mending it, only to rip it apart yet again. I hope that you decide to see this cliffhanger through, as I do not want to let my mind wander to the darker places with these characters, or the lighter, until you shine light on your intention for the final end of these characters. Does Salem finally know eternal peace, does Leliana finally see her efforts through and can they both look back with an absolute lack of regret?

If possible, I would wish for you to say when you write more for this story, should you decide to do so. My email is .
Thank you for this beautiful roller coaster of emotion.

-M
ShawN7 chapter 51 . 1/9
I would love for a continuation of these two. This series was amazing and truly one of my favorites. Thank you.
Madame Sera chapter 51 . 1/6
I have never cried so much in my life! My eyes are red and my throat is sore so I'll make this quick :) the way you have written these characters is amazing. You aren't afraid to challenge your characters (even in the most heart breaking of ways) and you give them such depth and life. I have rarely read something where it is obvious that the writer truly cares about their readers and their characters. I love the fact that Salem went to the Deep Roads even if it broke my heart. This is the first story that I have read where a happy ending isn't as straight forward as we imagine and that the Blight was truly killing her. In other stories the Blight seems like a backwater thing with no significance but here it has true place and meaning (as it should be :D) The fact that each character has their own demons, especially leliana, I think was something that you showed and conveyed very well. Their origins have such place and I love it!
Please keep writing DA! You are so talented that im jealous :)

Thanks for the Amazing stories!
tamsin672 chapter 51 . 1/4
Hello,
I just finished reading this series and it is amazing. I can't put into words how much I loved it.
For starters, the characterisation is brilliant and the stories are so much more powerful and heartbreaking than in the game.
Secondly (this is more personal and might sound a bit weird), as a young girl who only recently realised she's a lesbian, it has meant so much to read such a beautiful story about two women in a loving relationship.
And the weirdest thing I have to say is that I think that this last story has genuinely helped me reaffirm my faith in God. That's harder to explain, so I'm not going to try, but I wanted to let you know that your story has meant a lot to me.
the writing was so powerful. I don't normally cry when I read. I might get emotionally invested, but I rarely cry. But I cried reading this. I love Salem and Leliana so much, and how much more alive the story is.
I can't quite explain how much I love it. I'm planning to read more of your work (unfortunately I haven't played Mass effect yet!) I know you said in your authors note that you were working on original work. Should you ever have any of i published, I would love to read it.
Thank you for sharing this story. :)
artsytechy chapter 50 . 11/8/2014
Well I started reading the entire Salem/Leliana series a month or so ago to get my mind in the right place for Inquisition. I waited long enough to forget the ending. I had totally forgot about this big Flemeth/Salem cliffhanger. I hope we can start this again once Inquisition comes out. I hope it can re-inspire. I miss and am longing for a long awaited Salem/Leliana reunion before the Inquisition endgame begins. Thanks again for a deep, touching and amazing story.
zenihua chapter 51 . 8/30/2014
Be persuaded into continuing the saga you have come so far in crafting the characters, evoking so much tears, making your characters shed so much blood that you cannot leave us on such a cliffhanger! Dragon Age Inquisition is coming out in November; I'm hoping that you will indulge in the reappearance of characters from DAO and DA2 and become inspired to write a grand conclusion to this amazing saga. You are a brilliant writer who can bring tears to readers and loves to torture us by torturing your characters. Thank you for your writing.
zenihua chapter 45 . 8/30/2014
T-T
And this is why I don't read your epic-ly written mass effect story.
zenihua chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
I have saved the first page of this story for days, when I found out that this is the final installment. I have finally found the time to sit down and begin reading the painful and exciting conclusion to Salem's and Leliana's tale. I adore Leliana so the role you gave her in this series makes me so happy, happy enough that I can ignore how much pain you put the pair of them through. If you weren't so cruel to the characters, I would actually be able to read your stories without wanting to break down in tears (your femshep/liara story makes me so sad; I have not been able to read through even halfway through ME1). Looking forward to spending the next two hours tearing up, laughing and enjoying the last tale of a tortured warden and her bard.
istina1268 chapter 51 . 5/12/2014
I started reading your stories after I read the first few chapters of This Side of Yesterday. I must say, although I enjoy your telling of Liara's story, I like this one much better. I think dragons and warriors and magic lend themselves more readily to your writing style than futuristic sci-fi armageddon. With Dragon Age 3 coming out soon, maybe there will be opportunity for more?
deathcurse chapter 50 . 5/6/2014
I've read nearly all your Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Hollows stories, and I'm sorry for leaving just one review so far... I really enjoy the epic scope of your stories, although I find they work best for me marathoned all 100 000 words at a go rather than chapter by chapter :D. I recently just read Kathyra's tale, and I was shocked at how emotionally invested I was in a bunch of original characters, although I loved that you mixed parts of "Leliana's Song" into it.

I also really loved that there was more of Kestral and Rylie in that story: a mage-templar and a more traditional templar, in love but having lied to each other, all while serving an order that hates mages? That kind of tension and drama is my favourite kind of romance/rebuilding trust/intrigue story. Seeing bits of it here, taking place in Dragon Age 2 but with Leliana, Kathyra, and Rylie using Kestral as bait in their plans is like seeing a teaser of an adventure I'd love to see more of! If you write a story about these 4 on epic Seeker adventures, I would be a happy woman :).

Thanks for all your great stories, I find myself revisiting them often when I'm in the need for a high adventure, high pathos story fix :).
Flake123 chapter 41 . 2/26/2014
Good to see Alistair happy, but I'm getting worried about the end of this story.
Flake123 chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Ok, just found this, ignore my post on the previous story asking for more.