Reviews for Base Pairs
Doc Yewll chapter 2 . 12/10/2014
Mortimer Harren,
Um charme, de cafajeste. delicia!
EwigeStudentin chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
I was going to link this story and well, couldn't help reading it AGAIN! Loved the general mood and how his coldness was so HOT. I think you excelled in the fine art of GTP stories. The clues were provided masterfully and added a deliciously satisfying AHA! effect to the other kind of, uh, satisfaction, that comes after reading this story :p
skadoo chapter 2 . 10/15/2013
Well done with the unlikely pairing, I did manage to guess but forgot his last name.
badmelk chapter 2 . 6/20/2013
well, i was half right. what a fun idea!
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
I guessed the male character from the clues (equations, Crewman, "hiding on the ship") and the ""You shouldn't have let them talk you into changing career tracks."" was how I guessed the woman.

I thought the last three lines wrapped it up perfectly. Cleverly written as always.
hester4418 chapter 2 . 6/19/2013
My initial reaction to this story was an overwhelming feeling of "HUH?". I had absolutely NO idea. Janeway appeared to be the obvious choice from some of the clues, but others seemed to contradict that. I also strongly considered Torres, and didn't rule out the possibility of a minor character, either.
As for the man, he was a total blank. I didn't even know where to begin looking for him and had in fact already given up trying to find him. But during my research for "Wolf" I stumbled on a character profile at Memory Alpha that made me do a double take. Occupation, location, personality... could that be him? So I broke out the DVD and watched on fast forward, only stopping at seemingly relevant scenes. And there it was - "base pairs" indeed. So cleverly disguised, but so very obvious if you knew how and where to look. I went back through a couple more scenes and then read the story again from the top; and only then was I truly able to appreciate its brilliance.
From the initial "Huh? Let's just skip this" this story went to becoming one of my favorites because of the expertly crafted layers of clues that laid it all out in the open without being blatantly obvious. Very well done indeed!
ghosteye99 chapter 2 . 6/19/2013
I got the man of the pairing right, and my first guess at the woman. Considering his dedication, I loved the sellout remark he made. Angsty and good!
Rascal207 chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Well,... Intense, damn good writing, hot, and since I took a reader's liberty to mentally replace a male participant, I'm still blisfully happy, as opose to my pal JamieRobs. Thanks for sharing QS! I love, that I can never be quite sure what to expect from you.
JamieRobs chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
I am without words here! It doesn't happen often. It was like watching a car wreck, I wanted to look away but found I could not. And then I read it again, LOL!
Vice Admiral Kathryn Janeway chapter 2 . 6/18/2013
I'm pleased to say I got it fairly early on, but DAMN. That was steamy and deliciously naughty and oh-so-good. Well done!
red2007 chapter 2 . 6/18/2013
I want to say eww gross but this is singly one of the most brilliant things I've ever read. I can almost believe that it could have happened and I love it. Amazing job!