Reviews for The View From Where I Sit
Definitely-Beautiful chapter 17 . 6/30
This is probably my favorite interpretation of P&P. Not only does Mrs. Bennet become a likable, if not lovable, character- and for that alone, I love this story- but Mary, Kitty and Lydia all become sensible creatures, whom I happen to love dearly. You've done wonders with Jane Austen's antagonists, giving the story a believable (well done on your historical facts btw, I love it when authors put research into their stories! ) though still fantastic storyline and ending. I loved it, you're amazing, goodnight!
GaijinVamp chapter 15 . 6/9
Great story with interesting characterizations. I love that your Mrs Bennett has changed, but not 100%. That would be unrealistic. The need in Darcy for a mother is so strong and palpable, as much as she needs a son and they find both. Their journeys are more interesting than Lizzy's, though she holds the hearts of both.
Thank you - one of my favorites.
I loved this! Everyone is always too hard on Mrs. Bennet. All she wanted was the best for her daughter's given her situation. I have always disliked Mr. Bennet for his lack of responsibility in regards to his daughters' futures.
bookgirl137 chapter 17 . 5/23
I have truly enjoyed this story. This is not a storyline I have seen before, and I want to thank you for the time and energy you put into writing it.
misslin chapter 17 . 5/22
Probably the most lovable mrs bennet ive ever read..i love the interaction of mrs b and mr darcy..sad to see it has ended..pity georgiana,i wish it wasnt bad as that..well done to the author..i love how u portray each character's inner thought..it makes us understand the character deeper
Janet Cobb chapter 17 . 5/18
A wonderful story. Thank you
Janet Cobb chapter 5 . 5/17
Hahahaha perfect. I almost felt sorry for Caroline... wait...NO I didn't
SirCharlieOfStaines chapter 17 . 5/3
I really loved your characterisation of Mrs Bennet...it was a truly refreshing insight into her character which was beautifully written. It also made me appreciate Darcy's character even more (if such a thing is possible!)
X
AliasKelly chapter 17 . 4/15
I really like this story - love that Darcy found a mother-figure in Mrs. Bennet. So different from what is normally found in P&P fics.
Craftyfengirl chapter 17 . 4/4
Just anted to say how much I enjoyed this story. Well written and great fun. I loved the more sympathetic portrayal of Mrs Bennet.
Naguabo chapter 16 . 4/3
I liked the idea of Mrs. Bennet (at least as she is in this story) and Darcy bonding (although I took a different tack to it in my own story). I'm surprised Georgiana hit it off so suddenly with Mary and Kitty. As you can probably tell by my reviews, I have definitely enjoyed this story.
Naguabo chapter 14 . 4/3
Lucky Lydia! Well yes, you done got me good (Although I doubt they said "Ewww" in 18whatever). I liked how you brought in David and Georgiana there, and I also liked the dialogue between Elizabeth and her mother, especially how it ended.
Naguabo chapter 13 . 4/3
To make a horrendously bad pun, looks like Wickham did wick 'em. How will Lydia survive after that? I liked Darcy's determination there (and the glimpse of Georgiana was well done), but the goofy part at the end was kind of overdone.
Naguabo chapter 9 . 4/3
Gold star to you for the "Pshaw" and the napkin throwing!
Naguabo chapter 8 . 4/3
To give you some Austen-speak, I am all astonishment. Not only at Mrs. Bennet's tenderness toward Darcy and his reaction (he must have missed his mother tremendously at that time), but also at the interaction between the Bennets here. Maybe an heir to Longbourn is on the way? That would give Collins a well-deserved jolt to the posterior.