Reviews for A Different Kind of Fairytale
TheAutisticGamer chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
Cute! I love these non-romance friendship fics. I wish there were more on FanFiction.
Water chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
AWWWWWWWW! That was so cute! Thanks for writing such an adorable story
KoopalingFan chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
Rarely, people have Princess Peach being kidnapped by Bowser in the World of Trophies. And instead of the savior of the Mushroom Kingdom Mario coming to the rescue, it's Charizard. Though Mario and his brother appearing in this oneshot makes sense.

Every character's personaility seems to be pretty decent. Bowser thinking that he's big and bad just because he's the King of Koopas and Peach being nice and polite to Charizard, who by the way is one of the underused characters in this section. Because of this story alone, you managed to pull him off pretty well.

You've even mentioned Dedede's old castle in the Subspace Emissary, and seeing Bowser and his minions taking over in one of the cutscenes definitely ties things together.

Aside from the plot, the writing and grammer was also excellent, which is one I'm considering this fic to be one of my many favorites.
The Horseless Horseman chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
This was epic! Your writing is solid- excellent handle on spelling and grammar, great sense of pace to carry the story along at its best, compelling enough to push the reader through to the end easily. You definitely nailed Bowser's goofy but menacing personality, Charizard was depicted as Brawl should have made him out to be, and you somehow made Peach a likable character (despite her getting captured AGAIN). Very nice work!
Nintendo Ships chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Yay for showing some Pokémon love!
Souldin chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
It has been roughly two years since I last contributed to this fandom. Back then, back in the golden era of the Super Smash Bros fandom, I was known not by my stories, but by my reviews. I ended up being dubbed the Review King, a title I carry to this day with pride, for my many long and detailed reviews. In terms of writing I'm back in the SSB fandom now but as for reviewing, well I'm going to return to that with this here story.

Short and sweet this story was yet still packed with detail and a finely structured fight scene. It starts off nicely, with the explanation of events coming out smoothly. Speaking of things coming out smoothly, the pacing is particularly smooth and noteworthy considering how much you’ve fit in here whilst maintaining this as a short fanfic. Nothing felt rushed. Description was great; it could be even better however you managed to give a clear vision of the characters and the actions going on without need for a lot of words. This in turn works to the stories favour, once again ensuring it doesn’t drag on at any point and paces itself. Finally, the characters are well presented. Peach and Bowser feel like themselves whereas Charizard’s motivations are well explained and we get a decent sense of his character simply from the opening scene. It leads well into the plot of the story of Charizard rescuing Peach.

Negatives for this story are also quite small, another benefit to writing a shorter fanfic, less chances to make an error. One thing I did not like though is the presentation of your writing. Keeping all the sentences and paragraphs centred works for some stories, the more poetic and artsy stories work well with this structure, but I don’t think it is as a good of a structure here. Keeping the writing coming from one side works better, and is simply easier to read. Other than a couple of minor errors the only thing that pops into my mind is Charizard seismic tossing Bowser. You mention Charizard grabbing Bowser from behind however Bowser has spikes on his back, and yet there is no mention of what would be an obvious problem. It would be better if Bowser did it from the front, or if the story took note of Bowser’s spikes and explained that as an additional problem for Charizard.

This story is nothing ground-breaking but it is immensely enjoyable. It’s satisfying to read, marvellously written, and has very little to fault. Simple but simple works, and having been around this fandom for a long time I can say that surprisingly this simple story does come across as original (although the absence of a swordsmen smasher in the lead role can also explain that). One final thing I would mention is that I’m a great lover of humour. There wasn’t much of it in this story but hearing Charizard describe Bowser as an overgrown Squirtle was hilarious. Fantastic job, keep up the superb work.