Reviews for The Matchmaker's Mess
Issac Blast chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
This was a nice little 'mess'. You did well. Juri and Kenta seem like just thw two to play matchmakers. I wholeheartedly support Ryuri but anyone with Ruki except Googlehead I tend to avoid. As you said, everyone has a right to like whatever pair they want.

It worked out in the end,

So Says Issac
Chibi Muse-chan chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Omg, I LOVE your fics! Can I put in a request? Can you please to another Ryo/Juri(It's my favorite pairing)? I really like this story(and alot of your others but I don't get time to review often...)! Me and my sister loved how you did Marine Angemon! And the whole Kazu ratting out Kenta was funny! Hiding in the bushes thing was really funny too. Oops! G2g! Dinner!

_ -Sage.
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
Heh... and I was worried it would be another Jurenta- I mean, I enjoyed yours, but I wasn't in the mood for a repeat. Instead, I got two more couples that don't see much light in fandom, and they work! Even if Ryo and Ruki's bickering did suggest deeper feelings... but you know, brother/sister describes it perfectly! Good job, as usual.
digimaniac-falkor3 chapter 1 . 7/13/2005
dm: i was wondering how long it would take for somebody to use that play in a fic. well, this is masterfully done. you managed to keep all the characters in character, as always. truthfully, i cant find any errors. and i think this is the only ruki and kenta fic ive ever read. also the first juri and ryo. you wrote this very nicely. ciao!
Arcynic chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
Wow..the couples here were so...unimaginable...but done so well that I was cheering for Kenta and Juri to be with Ruki and Ryo (respectively)! I absolutely love the touch of adding in Hisoka Hata.. that was very cool. And the ending...simply genius...Shakespeare would be proud.
Alex Warlorn chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
Rika actually wearing something female? Now that is stunning!
I don't think Ryo acts the way he does to show how manly he is, I think he does it get Rika out of her shell.
some kid of
some kind of
There are crazy pairings and then there are quazy pairings, but you actually manage to make them work!
Too bad CrossOver DX's back story has gotten so complex . . . you would have fit in as a writer there nicely.
You didn't write how Juri got the second note to Ryo. I feel left out. Why'd you decide to skip it? After dong everything up to now in pairs?
Poor Takato, he risks life and limb and does become a knight in shinning armor to rescue Juri from the grasp of madness and she still isn't his.
tricolored chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
I've got to admit, your couplings are sort of strange...

Kenta and Ruki especially, but I like it. It's realistic, especially compared to some of the fanfics floating around.

I like your style of writing. Good Job!
Nora D chapter 1 . 2/28/2003
Oh dearie me, that was so sweet, I loved it tons and tons and tons! If I had a favorites list, this'd be in it. - Absolutely adorable- EEks, Much Ado About Nothing is my favorite play EVER! I love their playing cupid. *heart*
Bad Habits chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
Not exactly my first choice for couples, but it was still a great story.

Personal prefrences aside, it was actually somewhat believable, and quite humorous at times. The ending was nice as well.

On a side not, I've seen the first half of a slightly modernized version of that play. Modernized in that most of the cast dressed and talked like hippies. The second half got rained out and I haven't had a chance to see the play in its entirety, but what I did see I liked.
Lowrider chapter 1 . 9/17/2002
A very entertaining, sweet, and pleasant story to read, but such is your track record as I recall. I also admire how much you seem to be able to accomplish in so few words. Wish I could be that exact, but my story ideas get rather grandiose very quickly.

Two comments I will make on this story, but they're purely my own opinion.

1) A bit more description of Ruki when she's "dressed more nicely" would be nice. The only time during Tamers we see her dressed up is in that God-awful pink thing her mother got for her, after all.

2) A little more direct interaction between Ruki and Kenta would've been nice, too. We got a lot of great dialogue between Juri and Ryo, but only one conversation between Ruki and Kenta, and it wasn't much of a conversation.

In all, another fine story you have here. It certainly gets a spot on my favorites list. _x
Gabumon-Chan chapter 1 . 9/3/2002
Kenki Kenki Kenki!I love Kenki!Great job!it was a very nice story,write more!Plus,another chapter for this story would be nice.
Sky Warrior chapter 1 . 8/30/2002
Wow that was perfect. At first I thought it was going to be a Ruki/Ryo and a Juri/Kenta romance but I was wrong. The whole Ryo/Juri and Ruki/Kenta thing in the end was kind of surprising. Anyhoo keep up the great work on all your fics :D.
Frozen Phoenix chapter 1 . 8/30/2002
Excellent story. Shakespeare and Much Ado About Nothing, a marvelous playwright and play. At first I thought this was going to be a Ryouki romance, but the Juri/Ryo and Ruki/Kenta romance was a pleasant surprise. Wonderful job.
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 8/30/2002
*Grins* just perfect...totally perfect. :)