Reviews for Hit The Ground Running
Ked chapter 24 . 1/4
I was prepared for the surprise dramatic Bad End, but not... that particular one. I guess the reason I don't like the Dumbledore ending has to do with it being an extension of why I don't like the last few books: in the end, everything is Dumble's joyless machinations and whatever Harry, the reader proxy character, tries comes to naught. (I had expected Harry' to make the ultimate conclusion that suicide was the correct way out - dark as hell but at least it would be his choice.)

Except then the epilogue is a nasty bit of recursive existential horror, and I want to congratulate you on that - if you'd just AK'd Harry this would be a bit of a nastygram. Last page swerves are not something I favor, but in this case it redeems the mess that led up to it without feeling tacked-on. Good luck with future writing - I'd like to see what you can do in the fully epic 500k word scale.
riayi chapter 1 . 1/4
Loved it. Voldemort is charming, disturbing, and believable. Knew something was up with Tom taking so long to assimilate. The ending is full of promise, and I hope that you do continue it
xvector chapter 25 . 1/1
Awesome fic. Would gladly read a sequel!

The ending was kinda bittersweet. I, personally, liked it. Not all endings are happy, but not all of them have to be terrible either. Things could have turned out worse.

Now that Harry has been thrown into the world on his own, it will be awesome to see what you come up with in terms of cunning and ambition for him.

Please, don't make it romance, whatever you do. Those are far, far too fluffy.
xvector chapter 21 . 1/1
Aww, why did you have Percy interrupt the moment Harry was about to hex Ron? That would have been fun.
xvector chapter 19 . 1/1
"Harry was outvoted, so he made his way back obediently. He wasn't sure when the inside of his head had become a democracy.

*It's not*, said Voldemort."

This was awesome!
xvector chapter 18 . 1/1
Love to see the younger voice arguing with the older one! Hilarious.
xvector chapter 17 . 1/1
Again- how does Harry have such a strong sense of morality? Not only does it show that he thinks of himself as so worthless that morality shouldn't apply to the Dursleys for how they treated him, but he simply should NOT be like that!

He's been abused for over 90% of his life and somehow he's so naively moral that Mother Teresa would kiss his feet and start crying.
xvector chapter 16 . 1/1
Have Harry kill Rita too. That would be nice.
Make it slow and gruesome and painful. Maybe remove individual wings while she is in her animagus form.

At this rate, Harry would rightfully end up killing half of the people he knows. That would actually be pretty neat!
xvector chapter 15 . 1/1
I really hope you have Voldemort and Harry conspire to slowly kill the Dursleys. If you're gonna make an angst-fest like this, at least give us emotional release by taking appropriate, deadly, excruciating and gruesome revenge on the Dursleys.

It could be a stepping stone for Harry into the darker magics, at least!
xvector chapter 11 . 1/1
Love everything in this fic except Harry. He is such a weak, sniveling idiot!

He's afraid to perform the severing charm because it might hurt someone?

And where did Harry get this overwhelming sense of morality from? That is completely discordant with his background. How could you realistically think a child that was abused throughout his whole life would be moralistic and lacking resentment, kindhearted and compassionate?

No, you completely messed up Harry's character. There is no ambition, no "thirst to prove himself" as you mentioned during the sorting. He's just a scared little child with absolutely no desire for any power, no cunning at all, and frankly, not a Slytherin in the slightest.

If you are going to put Harry in Slytherin, at least take the effort to make his character match even a tiny bit.
sjstaudt chapter 25 . 12/30/2014
I think I'd started this at some point but forgot to follow it, fortunately I found it again and finished it because it's certainly one of the best fics on . Can't wait to see where the next installment goes.
Noname chapter 15 . 12/30/2014
This made me sad.

(But it was good writing!)
twistyguru chapter 24 . 12/30/2014
Aaaaaand, it's over. Interesting ending, that certainly leaves itself open for any number of sequel possibilities. But, I can readily understand your reluctance to begin one, and the story is fine just as it stands. Sometimes, it's better to just leave things off, and let the reader take it from there.

I do confess to wondering just how Harry and a re-embodied Tom would get along. I can see them becoming friends and working together to change the wizarding world…or quickly being at each other's throats. Hmmm.
twistyguru chapter 21 . 12/30/2014
Of course Dumbles has to spin Harry's revelations by attacking him-Harry's treatment at the hands of the Dursleys is all part of Dumble's scheme for The Greater Good. Also, it makes Dumbles look bad, which can't be allowed to happen, now can it?
twistyguru chapter 19 . 12/30/2014
Poor Harry, having to endure a high society party! Those are trying at the best of times, and for an 11 year old raised in a cupboard (may the Dursleys burn in literary hell for THAT!) and then trapped by a muckraker like Skeeter I think he did really well.

Voldie's arguments make too much sense-the Ministry IS dysfunctional and desperately needs to be changed. His methods the first time around, however, leave much to be desired.

Here's my favorite argument against the Blood Purists: would you inbreed your horses or dogs that closely? Of course not, you'd destroy the blood lines. Same thing with people, YOU IDIOTS! Just look at the Hapsburgs and what happened to them.

JKR never brings that up as I can recall (and I refused to read the last book), which leads me to believe that she's never bred animals or learned much history. Or maybe she just forgot.
1,523 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »