Reviews for Hit The Ground Running
giggles-in-july chapter 25 . 2/5
Well, the ending was kind of abrupt, but then - as you pointed out - it is YOUR story ... hahah :))

Nevertheless, I loved it. I usually like the slashy harry potter fanfictions but I adore a good plotline and your story was definitely worth reading. I think your characters behaved reasonably and I also especially liked chapter 15 (even though I was skeptical because you warned us about it in the first chapter).

I am really tired right now, as I have devoured this story in two days straight with a flight from Rome to Vienna put into the mix, but I really just wanted to let you know that I look forward to any sequel you might publish, that I love your characterisations, that sometimes you made me giggle out loud (especially when harry answered to voldemort where people could hear), that I have never thought of rita skeeter in a good way and now probably never will (hahah) and that I really enjoyed reading your ANs and think you have quite an amusing personality. ;)) (what with the gruesome books you read and all... I will check them out btw hahah - you're not in the hannibal fandom per chance?)

There is probably - rather undeniably - loads more I could write but I'll leave it at that.
Once again, really good job and I will definitely check out your other stories. :D

KitkatMoon chapter 24 . 2/3
great story
Slytherin of the Sea chapter 24 . 2/2
I love it. I actually fell sad that old Voldie died. Great story :)
Darth Marrs chapter 24 . 2/2
I agree with you-this was a good place to end it. Thanks for sharing.
SicilyRoyalty chapter 24 . 2/2
OmfG! This chapter was MIND BLOWING! You CAN NOT let someone elselse write the sequel! Please for the sake of my gorgeous facemail!
Digiporklo chapter 25 . 1/31
I really liked this story. I agree that the ending was quite abrupt but the loss of the original Harry horcrux Voldemort was heart wrenching for me. I am about to go and read the sequel by carnivorous muffin as well as reading other fanfiction you have written. Keep up the great work.
Lily Umbra chapter 20 . 1/30
Teacher!voldie? voldie did want to teach defense, or perhaps he simply needed an excuse to be at hogwarts.
Lily Umbra chapter 7 . 1/30
wow, that went badly. what did eviler voldie do to the snake for her to react like that? Great story.
HikaruWinter chapter 4 . 1/30
So. Am I the only one with the sudden urge to lit Dumbledore's beard on fire?
Can't help but sympathize with Voldemort's views on that "Dark" ritual. I almost expected Malfoy to gripe that of COURSE it is against school rules because it's not Muggle enough for Hogwarts! Only Muggle traditions are allowed, magical ones are all "Dark" because there's magic involved. Even if the Light side has their reasons for labeling that ritual Dark, they sure aren't doing a good job of explaining themselves here.
"You're magic" is not grammatically correct. It's "You're magical". It's like saying that "TV is electricity" instead of "TV is electrical".
Loveless150050 chapter 1 . 1/21
I've red this twice, my question is is there going to be a second?
testsuite chapter 25 . 1/20
I stayed up until 4AM last night reading this story. It was wonderful! Thanks so much for writing it and sharing it with us!

I think your characterization is excellent and incorporates a lot of the character growth revealed in the later books. Part of the reason why the ending was so surprising (yet fitting) was because the setting led me to expect a Book 1 Dumbledore, as opposed to a Book 7 Dumbledore so to speak. When it comes to Harry, I think you do a really good job of capturing the voice and perspective of an abused, isolated 11 year old, and though I don't usually like fanfiction with extraneous child abuse, you a did a good job of capturing the personal and social ramifications of the abuse. In a way, the scene with the dismissive social welfare worker felt as evil as anything Voldemort's ever done, and the scene where Snape throws a pile of pamphlets at Harry was both funny and heartbreaking considering his own childhood. I also loved Harry's conversations with your snarky, sociopathic, yet slightly sane Voldemort, and if you continue the story, I look forward to Harry's interactions with a younger, even saner, yet still sociopathic Voldemort. I also liked your treatment of minor characters. I especially like the fact that you gave Narcissa something to do besides look pretty and brood over her family.

Like many readers, I was initially shocked by the ending, but that last scene really changes the ending from an abrupt disappointment to a nasty little cliffhanger (in a good way). I don't want to pressure you while your ideas are still marinating, but I'd love to read more, when you get around to writing it! Sequels from other authors are a nice bonus but not quite the same thing. :-)
anon chapter 1 . 1/17
i luv u
Elysia1 chapter 25 . 1/16
Brilliant story! ! It's fantastically well written and you've got harry and Voldemorts dialog perfect. Thanks for sharing!
1,562 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »