Reviews for Hit The Ground Running
Digiporklo chapter 25 . 1/31
I really liked this story. I agree that the ending was quite abrupt but the loss of the original Harry horcrux Voldemort was heart wrenching for me. I am about to go and read the sequel by carnivorous muffin as well as reading other fanfiction you have written. Keep up the great work.
Lily Umbra chapter 20 . 1/30
Teacher!voldie? voldie did want to teach defense, or perhaps he simply needed an excuse to be at hogwarts.
Lily Umbra chapter 7 . 1/30
wow, that went badly. what did eviler voldie do to the snake for her to react like that? Great story.
HikaruWinter chapter 4 . 1/30
So. Am I the only one with the sudden urge to lit Dumbledore's beard on fire?
Can't help but sympathize with Voldemort's views on that "Dark" ritual. I almost expected Malfoy to gripe that of COURSE it is against school rules because it's not Muggle enough for Hogwarts! Only Muggle traditions are allowed, magical ones are all "Dark" because there's magic involved. Even if the Light side has their reasons for labeling that ritual Dark, they sure aren't doing a good job of explaining themselves here.
"You're magic" is not grammatically correct. It's "You're magical". It's like saying that "TV is electricity" instead of "TV is electrical".
Loveless150050 chapter 1 . 1/21
I've red this twice, my question is is there going to be a second?
testsuite chapter 25 . 1/20
I stayed up until 4AM last night reading this story. It was wonderful! Thanks so much for writing it and sharing it with us!

I think your characterization is excellent and incorporates a lot of the character growth revealed in the later books. Part of the reason why the ending was so surprising (yet fitting) was because the setting led me to expect a Book 1 Dumbledore, as opposed to a Book 7 Dumbledore so to speak. When it comes to Harry, I think you do a really good job of capturing the voice and perspective of an abused, isolated 11 year old, and though I don't usually like fanfiction with extraneous child abuse, you a did a good job of capturing the personal and social ramifications of the abuse. In a way, the scene with the dismissive social welfare worker felt as evil as anything Voldemort's ever done, and the scene where Snape throws a pile of pamphlets at Harry was both funny and heartbreaking considering his own childhood. I also loved Harry's conversations with your snarky, sociopathic, yet slightly sane Voldemort, and if you continue the story, I look forward to Harry's interactions with a younger, even saner, yet still sociopathic Voldemort. I also liked your treatment of minor characters. I especially like the fact that you gave Narcissa something to do besides look pretty and brood over her family.

Like many readers, I was initially shocked by the ending, but that last scene really changes the ending from an abrupt disappointment to a nasty little cliffhanger (in a good way). I don't want to pressure you while your ideas are still marinating, but I'd love to read more, when you get around to writing it! Sequels from other authors are a nice bonus but not quite the same thing. :-)
anon chapter 1 . 1/17
i luv u
Elysia1 chapter 25 . 1/16
Brilliant story! ! It's fantastically well written and you've got harry and Voldemorts dialog perfect. Thanks for sharing!
purple sky always chapter 25 . 1/15
Looking forward to the sequel.
Dizzy Whimsical chapter 25 . 1/15
Hi Tozette! I just finished your story, and I have to say it was absolutely brilliant. I'm glad you stuck to your guns and ended the story on your terms, and I do hope you haven't let the negativity of some reviewers get you down. On the subject of the ending itself, for me, it fails only in one regard; that rather than give me any peace of mind that says 'this story is over' it riled me up and made me crave more, rather like a cliffhanger. I love the ending, I only wish it wasn't the ending! Overall the story really hit the spot. The character interactions were beautiful and true to the characters themselves in a way that was very captivating and enjoyable. I was truly saddened by the loss of the elder Voldemort and had been looking forward to seeing his character develop as he merged with the younger half of his soul. But the potential of him gone, of Tom Riddle's potential to bond with Harry in his place, really gets me fired up. Voldemort Sr was inflexible and fractured, but the younger one being both closer to Harry's age and more complete in spirit is open to being influenced by Harry, rather than just influencing Harry, as Voldemort Sr was. The abrupt turn of events blew me away, in a good way, it was exhilarating!

I know you're still kicking around concepts and shaping an eventual sequel. I just want to sound off my admiration and encouragement. You've got a really great springboard here and i'm really looking forward to what you'll eventually come up with. I know at somepoint you mentioned you like the idea of exploring a HP/LV relationship, but remarked that this story was not that fic. A sequel is totally fair game though! With Older!Volder out of the picture, well, it opens up possibilities, though the obstacle of Harry's age and maturity remains. If you were ambitious enough to undertake several more years of story before bringing it around to that point, well, I certainly wouldn't argue, I imagine it would be quite the awesome saga. But wow, I can't imagine committing oneself to undertaking that behemoth of a task. Even this story, not reaching to the end of Harry's first year, was obviously quite the labor of love!

Thanks again for taking the time to write such a enjoyable fic! I'm going to head over to see what The Carnivorous Muffin is up to, but I'll be patiently waiting for a sequel in my inbox from you. You really know how to shake things up!
Aorta Heartless chapter 13 . 1/10
Queerphobic...
That's an interesting way to put it.
So far highly enjoying the story!
Mango Supreme chapter 24 . 1/8
okay i am in love with this little fic of yours

i've become attached to horacruex-in-Harry's-Head-helping like fics and i like of the idea this is so short

also some of the scenes like the Chamber and the twins had me laughing
And the whole Dumbledore finding out - i was'nt expecting it and i love it...

this was really fun to read. and im defiantly going to read through this again the the future. but for now i look forward to seeing what else you've written.
thank you so much for sharing this...
The Future Mrs Tom Riddle chapter 25 . 1/6
Loved it! Really looking forward to the sequel, I hope the Malfoys will continue to make an appearance and I'm interested to see how the younger Voldemort develops... plus how Dumbledore explains Harry's sudden disappearance?!
1,452 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »