Reviews for Forgiveness
o-Gale-o chapter 16 . 6/17
I have to be honest... I cried while reading this fanfic. ... Sirius! :(
And I'm willing to know what will happen when Harey wakes up.

P.s: this is a great fic. And you're such an amazing writer.
baldewa.nikhil chapter 6 . 5/31
Great fanfic !
Cha'90 chapter 16 . 5/14
This is so sweet. I would love reading more of this story.
Good Idea chapter 16 . 5/9
I can't believe you still killed off Sirius!
Good Idea chapter 13 . 5/9
I really don't think Draco Malfoy would have attacked them with Snape in danger because of Umbridge. At least Malfoy would have formed a temporary alliance with the trio to save Snape.
Starr123 chapter 16 . 4/14
Read this from start to finish. Loved it. Please continue
ShortySC22 chapter 16 . 4/12
Oh wow, I was really enjoying the friendship you had developed between Sirius and Severus here and then for Sirius to still die, that's just torture. I'm curious to see how this will change Severus and Harry and I do hope you're planning on continuing this.
whitehound chapter 12 . 4/3
So was it always a decoy rat that came through the Floo, or is Peter loose in the castle?
whitehound chapter 11 . 4/3
Harry is gradually learning that adults are people too.
whitehound chapter 10 . 4/3
The whole interaction with Ron and Hermione is very amusing, I'm mot 100% convinced by Sirius - after all we see him in the Shack, having not seen Snape for between 12 and 18 years and not even aware that Snape is invisibly present, still boasting about the werewolf incident, sneering at Snape and saying he had deserved it, and two or three times he goes into a rant about Snape, to Harry, in which his loathing of Snape appears to centre around his physical appearance.

It may well be that he had to convince himself that Snape had deserved it because he couldn't afford to feel guilt which he was held by the Dementors, but still it doesn't go with the idea that he felt any guilt at the time - especially as we see that he and James continued what Rowling calls their "relentless bullying" of Snape even after the werewolf incident. Canon Sirius has some mitigating circumstances - he clearly had a horrible home life and if you work out the times his attempt to kill Snape coincided with his split from his family, so he was probably having a nervous breakdown. But it's pretty clear it *was* an attempted murder. It's not very credible that were-Remus would naturally be running loose in the tunnel, able to escape by running out past the Willow, so he must normally have been confined to the Shack. Yet, Severus went into the tunnel and was in such danger that he had to be saved. The implication, I think, is that Sirius had released Remus into the tunnel so he could get at Severus.

There's a canon pick here, btw. This is the end of 5th year and Hermione is one of the oldest students in her year, so far from being 15 she's only 3 months short of 17.
whitehound chapter 8 . 4/3
It's dramatic, but there needs to be some explanation as to why they don't instantly call Poppy Pomfrey, which would surely be the natural thing to do. Maybe she doesn't know Snape is a spy, but if so this should be mentioned.

Again, Episkey is a nose-bleed spell, and why would Harry need to derive medical knowledge from watching American shows, when gory hospital dramas and documentaries are such a dominant feature of British TV and always have been?
whitehound chapter 5 . 4/3
Again, a very good, convincing interaction between Snape and Umbridge.

There's a big Britpick here - "Mom" is a kind of ultimate Americanism. We say "Mum".
whitehound chapter 4 . 4/3
Delayed concussion from having banged his head during Occlumency was probably also a factor. You write Umbridge especially well.
whitehound chapter 3 . 4/3
Very nice, clear, credible description of the process of Occlumency,. and I also like very much the bit where Snape is threatening Umbridge and then thinks to himself that he mustn't oversell it - i.e. the sinister Death Eater thing is an act he's putting on. Also a clever an original idea that she would have used the Blood Quill on other students.

Btw, Episkey is almost certainly a specific spell for noses, not a general healing spell.
Epistaxis is the medical name for a nosebleed, and having a big cold key dropped down your back is a traditional cure for nosebleeds.
whitehound chapter 1 . 4/3
Eh, well, I suppose Albus might *think* James and Sirius were loyal to Remus, but in fact the reason Sirius recommended Peter as the Secret Keeper was because he had become convinced that Remus was a traitor, and James at least humoured him in this. And Snape has many *current* reasons to hate Sirius and Remus.

Almost the first thing he heard Sirius say in the Shrieking Shack, before they had had any sort of present-day interaction, was that Sirius was boasting to Harry about the time when he had tried to feed Snape to a werewolf, and saying he had deserved it, for the crime of being irritating. Sirius still needles him constantly.

Remus meanwhile has proved that he's as unreliable now as he was when he was a prefect, by concealing evidence the lack of which could have put Harry in extreme danger, just to save face. Plus, when Snape was knocked out in the Shack, bleeding from a head wound, Remus didn't bother to put him in the recovery position or even to check his vital signs for 15-20 minutes (any period of unconsciousness resulting from a blow and lasting more that 10 minutes is considered life-threatening), and then handed him over to Sirius who brutalized his unconscious body by allowing his head to bang against rock, risking triggering Second Impact Syndrome (which is instantly fatal).

Snape, as a spy, has to risk his life for the Order while working with somebody who has proved that he doesn't care whether he, Snape, lives or dies, who has a proven track record of shirking his duty and of being willing to risk other people's lives for his own convenience and who is so shifty that even his own friends suspected he was a traitor, and another who is the brother and cousin of Death Eaters, has expressed an active preference for his death and has tried to kill him in the past. *Of course* he doesn't like them.