Reviews for New Vegas of the Dead
Ronin Kenshin chapter 6 . 3/4
interesting never seen this cross wiill be interesting to see where this goes good work
Skuld Odinsdottir chapter 6 . 2/12
7.62N is the same as .308 so they can buy ammo.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/10/2013
Good fic. this crossover is something that I have never thought of. Points for creativity.
Criticanon chapter 10 . 11/4/2013
My yuri senses are tingling...
Naosj chapter 5 . 11/2/2013
This scene highlights the drastic shift in themes from the bud of a zombie apocalypse to a post apocalyptic nuclear ruin. From the very typical Japanese high school characters, which made up the foundation of HOTD, the anime series' themes heavily reflected their common worries: Living up to the standards of your parents, childhood crushes and romance, evil teachers, hobbies, family, and things relating to Japanese teenagers. When they entered Nevada, the grittiness of Fallout sweeps all that relevance away. Even in the zombie apocalypse, because they were all in their hometown and only on the cusp of the new world, all the kids could still reflect upon their lives. They confronted their deepest emotional struggles in order to find the resolve to face the tremendous horrors that lay outside before them. And it was not arbitrary. For example, when Kohta stood up to Shido on the bus, it was the fat otaku stepping out of his shell and becoming a man. However, they don't even have that out here. When Kohta kills a Legionnaire it becomes singularly a traumatic experience that has nothing to do with his previous life.

The wastes here will force them to take all their previous skills and boil them down to what's practical and immediate, completely opposed to the almost coming-of-age blossoming the characters showed episode by episode. Over time it HOTD could have become Walking Dead-esque, devoid of mirth and survivalistic, but where it is now still has them carrying their high school drama with them. Here? There are no reminders. Kohta jumps from shaky fatty to grinning killer in a snap because any emotional yammering will not only be not welcome, but if you persist with it, you'll get no support or sympathy from environment at all. This is an America with no real schools, broken families left and right, and centuries of catastrophe and death.

On a side-note, I hope you use the guardian of forever as a plot point later to get them all home. They can encounter the geriatric Chosen One of Fallout 2 to relay the story to them, the mystical egg shaped rock formation of time traveling. After you are done with all your main crossover plot lines, have them time travel home before the outbreak and kill patient zero.
Naosj chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
I always wander here and there with mods installed so it's odd for me to see a courier so low level by the time she reaches Novac.
Rc1212 chapter 9 . 10/23/2013
Greatly chapter, can't to find out what happened with the others!
Pablojcd chapter 8 . 10/10/2013
Really good story so far, I would really like it if you updated more
SadisticAvocado chapter 8 . 9/9/2013
Well this is just fantastic, you really must continue with this! I eagerly await the chapters to come!
Rc1212 chapter 8 . 8/15/2013
Ah...poor Boone.

And poor Alice for being subjected to his...yeah.
Blackholelord chapter 7 . 8/11/2013
Well I like the crossover.
Amidamaru88 chapter 7 . 8/3/2013
overall : awesome
Twigon Halolover chapter 7 . 7/31/2013
Min-

Has Good Karma.
Enjoys imagining the screams of an innocent woman as she tortures her.
Dislikes the brutality of the Legion.
Contemplates how much she'd get for selling aforementioned innocent woman to the group she professes to hate.

At least you painted Saeko as a straight-up Sadistic Bitch. She likes her friends, she likes her sword, and she enjoys the sound of her enemies screaming in pain.

Yeah, this is the part where I leave you for bad characterization. Have a good life.
Twigon Halolover chapter 4 . 7/31/2013
'We just met up, and part of my group thinks you're crazy. Let me tell you all about our lives since the biggest recent happening!'

'Ah, that's sad! Even though you seem a bit unstable, weird, and distorted with your psychedelic hair and overly large breasts, let me tell you about my recent life and motivations for revenge, because of the near-death experience I am completely willing to share with you!'
Twigon Halolover chapter 2 . 7/31/2013
Okay, it must get annoying for you to capitalize every single letter in that word. Usually, people chapati like the first letter, and that's more than enough to make the distinction. It makes it look like you harbor a deep hatred youse
F for the zombies when you do it this way. Make it all capitals when they talk, sure, but doing it out-of-speech is distracting.

Also, skill points. If you were trying to be realistic, then skill points are an absolute bitch to deal with. What is a 100 in a skill? Is it that persons max ability in that skill? Take Saeko vs. Kohta. A hundred in the Melee skill would mean that Saeko could hit every lethal point, use multiple Melee weapons with great skill, have at least adequate ability with any other Melee weapon, and learn how to use any such weapon easily and quickly. On the other hand, if Kohta got a hundred in Melle, he would be skilled at one such weapon, and have minor ability in others. He could use a new weapon if you gave it to him, but he wouldn't learn it as easily.

This is because Saeko has more experience with Melee than Kohto does. Her best is going to be better than his, as she was raised with a sword, and he likes guns. Same with the guns, only reversed.

If you go with 100 is the max for a (average?) human being, than a 100 Kohto in Melee would be equal to 100 Saeko in Melee. Then it becomes a question of how good a 100 is. Does it mean that Kohto can dead-shot a fly at a hundred yards with a pistol, hip firing, then reload in a half-second with 100 in Guns? Does it mean he can aim for the head in a moving situation, where he has to multi-task, (a much more realistic situation) with a 100?

It is tough. And the leveling system in Fallout doesn't help a lot either, seeing as you can get a 100 in a skill withing the first ten levels if you focus on one thing.