Reviews for Chaotic Space
AnthonyR89 chapter 28 . 9/17
entertaining read, though i found Gloval's threat to Hayes about demoting her was rather odd, considering what she and Ranma did could be considered Treason. Cologne and the others could be in serious trouble as well, though not quite as much due to being civillians.

and i blame you for the sudden urge to break out collection of Mech anime. mainly Gundam and Zoids shows. i also learned that the creator of Ranma and Inuyasha are the same person, heh. and i actually have knowledge not based off fanficition for the latter! even if it's been a dozen or so years since i actually watched it.
Rakaan chapter 17 . 8/16
Been re-reading the story. Just as epic as I remembered it being.
amerdism chapter 31 . 8/11
Awesome story, I hope to see more soon, when's the next chapter going up for the sequel?
HakanoSabishii chapter 31 . 7/17
GREAT fanfic. As a die hard Macross fan it was hard for me to struggle through the Robotech differences, but on the whole well wort it.
GeorgeTobor chapter 31 . 7/5
A well done story.
I saw quite a few minor mistakes, some spelling, some misused words.
Seoul where Sol was intended the most memorable one.
So you dictate your fics...
Whatever works for you.
Thank you for your time and effort.
And at this point don't worry about the little mistakes, finish your stories then polish them.
Daniel T Stack chapter 31 . 6/26
Both forms of your combat work well but there was a big problem in this chapter. You took too many breaks from the action to talk about the aftermath while the bombardment was ongoing. I know it is important but well you are telling things that won't be known for sure until later making the flow kinda halt and the action more difficult to read.

My suggestion for the future is to have at least a whole stand alone about the Recovery of Earth and more detail of the aftermath and in that let the survivors and introductions of new characters that will be needed in the next book help you work out what in that recovery is needed.

Also don't forget you had many plants sent out with the humans along with animals. I find it impossible to think that they wouldn't have had the same along with the plant banks in the bunker systems. IRL there is even a seed bank with every known plant in case we ever accidentally genetically engineer something that wipes out the biosphere of the real world.

A Suggestion that is a little grisly but can help overcome the "Sterilization" of Earth. After SAR have a cleanup of the battlefields in SOL and collect all organic material and incinerate it then along with mixes of native known grasses and tree seeds scatter the ashes over the barren ground. It will restore organic matter and help them germinate. Maybe even put the seeds through the Flower of Life energy as well to help.

The Invid don't really have any reason to know anything about the SOL system or events involving Humans until after the hunt for the Masters begins. Heck they might even be the only established source for maps to the Masters and their home/parent race star systems.

Make yourself a Bible for the story include your important characters and what each group needs to know and how they find it out. That can help you establish the bones for the intervening time and from that following the most important characters you can work out what is better to show in advance and in flashback.

Good ending but all the named characters outside of Ranma's Family are kinda left as question marks. You didn't even show if Roy makes it through the battle. There is allot to at least wrap up when it comes to how many people you helped tell the tale.

Daniel Thomas Stack
AKA Spokavriel at yahoo.
Daniel T Stack chapter 30 . 6/26
This story goes amazingly well until you have the Macross return to space. After you relaunch the pacing gets way too rushed. You have weeks where given what was shown before you really need months.

How did they know they could even trust the coordinates of Dolza's fleet? The Masters might have lost their personalities and individuality in their reclonings over the centuries but they aren't idiots.

Why would they delete so much information and still leave an honest target instead of a trap that even their resources couldn't avoid dieing in, say a singularity(Black hole) Or why not have a decoy made of resources that are nearly used up but not worth the effort to scrap? Nearly worn out from lack of maintenance ships injured but not dead Zentraedi? Their own ships have food supplies to keep them going why not have another sphere where those not quite useless resources were gathered more or less waiting for them to die before disposing it.

Still an enjoyable story. Thank you for writing and now to read the rest of this book.

Daniel Thomas Stack
Spokavriel at yahoo.
bradw316 chapter 14 . 4/29
Only minor complaint is you had SDF-1 backtrack to Jupiter from Mars
I'm the Cat's Meow chapter 28 . 4/18
So I know this fics been out for a while now, but I've finally gotten around to reading it. It's really good. But I'm a little confused about weapon range in space. In space with no atmosphere, objects traveling at a certain speed maintain that speed (this is why satellites sent to other planets only need small boosters to change direction) until something else acts on them, ie. they hit something. So how can anything in space be 'out of range'? I suppose energy attacks would dissipate over distance but all physical weapons have pretty much infinite range. This doesn't at all change the quality of the story (amazing) but it's something I've been thinking about, if you wouldn't mind clearing it up.
fireball900 chapter 3 . 3/3
I'm rereading this now, and couldn't help but think about your final line - about ranma not conforming to the military norm in your fic. I don't think, even with fanfic's *vast* capability to twist characters beyond recognition, a Ranma has *ever* done that.
Mangahero18 chapter 6 . 1/25
This is so great. I hope Ranma gets captured eventually, I would love to see what the Zentradi and Exdore especially think of a human who can utilize protoculture energy (Ki)
Mangahero18 chapter 3 . 1/25
Ranma is powerful but not really powerful enough to make a difference against the Zentradi...I wonder how things will turn out.
Mangahero18 chapter 1 . 1/25
Like most of your prologues this is rough in terms of spelling and grammar but interesting enough to hook.
Ben chapter 27 . 1/15
Rana Sanga from Belisarius FTW! The ultimate Rajput.
Ben chapter 3 . 1/12
I like the idea of this story, but one detail jumped out at me as I was reading:

35000 is way too big a crew for the Prometheus. The present Ford-class supercarriers have a crew of approx 3500. The trend for crew in warships is going down, not up. Also, typical aircraft strength would be 70-80. From my understanding, the Prometheus was even bigger than normal supercarriers, so I'd suggest the crew was 5000 with 100 fighters. Also, if SDF-1 only had an expected crew size of 1/3 of 80000, you can see why 35000 is a ridiculous crew size for a mere supercarrier.

That said, keep up the great work!