Reviews for Fighting the Future
Guest chapter 4 . 10/2/2013
I'm having a hard time with this story but find myself still reading just to give myself more time to suss out just what bothers me about it.

Maybe it's that Faith doesn't really sound like Faith and her monologuing meanders on, all omniscient bravado like the "badass" everywoman that is the staple of poorly written fan fiction the world over.

Maybe it's that it's overwritten - but not really well developed. Why does Faith love Buffy? Why doesn't she do more to change the course of the Post incident, insisting that she keep the timeline roughly intact (for posterity?) only to promptly leave town to make sure and keep it off course. Why verbatim dialog?

All of the random character traits you keep heaping on (while simultaneously trying to justify/fit in existing character traits) are just too much, mainly because they don't coalesce at all.

Writing from the first person is hard, but it allows an author to let the reader slip into the character's skin to find the thought processes behind their behavior. But the first rule of storytelling is still Show, Don't Tell. When you give them all the cards by telling them everything in advance and then let them narrate everything back to you, without any hint of genuine emotional feedback... You've almost immediately eliminated any psychological vulnerability that your premise introduced, and it all just feels tedious...

And if she's not using her family connections, who the hell decides to go to college, applies to major universities as a freshman, gets an instant admission decision from three (THREE!), accepts and leaves, all in a matter of weeks... WEEKS! in late fall... for January.

Total lack of realism in any aspect just makes the whole affair tedious.

I guess I can stop reading now...
Rain Addict CM chapter 17 . 9/19/2013
Rofl! She FINALLY gets a clue, then starts getting everything wrong! Well its good to see progress on the Faith/Buffy front. Uh oh! Don't make a frankinFaith! No demon limbs for her! Or roids like Riley did. Please. But feel free to have her kick Riley's ass... More soon please! Oh and two of your chapters are the same, the one with Faith getting molested and drained by Angel. The only difference is the name of the chapter.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 17 . 9/18/2013
An interesting idea. Continue it.
Guest chapter 17 . 9/16/2013
Holy shitballs of amazeballs! Totally awesome updates. And love Faith with Cor. To bad Faith is being forced back though.
bigbangfan91 chapter 17 . 9/15/2013
Love this story really want buffy and faith to get together
bigbangfan91 chapter 11 . 7/23/2013
Look forward to more enjoying this story so far
Rain Addict CM chapter 11 . 7/13/2013
Really good read so far! You have my attention with this one. Hope your able to update soon because I can't wait to see what she does next.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/12/2013
Man, oh, man! That was fantastic! I hope Faith gets a happy ending. Too bad Lauren Lewis doesn't go to Faith's college. Hey you know blonde, feminine types for Faithy.
Kell1310 chapter 8 . 7/9/2013
really enjoying
Guest chapter 8 . 6/26/2013
I kinda hope Faith finds someone who is not Buffy. And then when Faith gets called back she brings her girlfriend with her, and Buffy gets jealous. I just hope Faith ends up happy, not really sure about Buffy. Could care less about the rest except Cordelia, hope she finds happiness too.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/21/2013
I am loving this! This is truly fantastic! Can't wait for more!