Reviews for The Kingpin and the Carnivore
MisterHalt chapter 20 . 1/15
Having just recently played through Persona 4, it's nice to see things from Chie's point of view. I recently started looking for Chie/Protag fics, and they seem to be somewhat uncommon compared to other pairings. I look forward to seeing how the story progresses, especially after the strangeness of the Shadow Mitsuo fight.
AndersonBLUE chapter 20 . 1/7
Hello Mirror Image!

I've been following this story a while and I have really enjoyed it so far. You do an excellent job at mingling dialogue along with gestures and it's well written, I really get a sense of each character and their own voice.

The only improvement I can see is that we need to see Chie's feelings a bit more. This story is from her point of view, so how did she feel when Yu was trapped by the shadow? I know she didn't have a lot of time to think about it as the shadow soon attacked, but she must of felt something, like a sinking feeling in her stomach or whatever. You did this a little more when she was at the riverbank, but we feel all the time. Even in an action scene. It just seemed an important moment for both Chie and Yu when he was imprisoned, that's all. But otherwise you do a great job :)

This is a fun piece to read, will gladly look forward to the next chapter.
Mr.88 chapter 20 . 1/4
Nice, a new chapter. I think you did a decent job on the fight scene and I liked that you switched things up that Yu was put out of commission of the Mitsuo battle without violating the gameplay mechanic of getting a game over if he's KO'd. Also got to give credit to the fact that you had him open up a bit to Chie after. It always irked me in game that nobody on the team asked the main character how he was doing considering the fact that he ain't no more better equipped to handle all of this craziness than they are. Plus it was a cute scene on its own. Hope you have a great new year and I hope to read more from you soon.
ericestrella chapter 20 . 1/3
Glad to see you back man. I almost got a heart attack when I read the title of this chapter as "Endgame?" because I thought you were ending the fic. That statement enough illustrates how outstanding I think this fic is and this chapter is no exception. The only complaints I have is a few small grammatical errors and missing a word here and there. That's it. You've definitely improved greatly on writing fight scenes, I was on the edge of my seat reading this chapter. Much more illustration of what's going on, great detail, and also writing down what's going on in Chie's head really makes it worth while reading. And the romance at the end is very much appreciated :3 One of the things I love about this fic is that EVERYONE feels in character and the romance between Chie and Yu is no exception. She's quick to blush and she can be really awkward about it (which is why I love her haha), but she slowly but surely gets better at it. You just love tugging these heart strings from a fan of this pairing don't you? Great chapter, still a great fic, can't wait for more and I'll be sure to continue reading and reviewing!
LongSean22 chapter 20 . 1/3
Alright! Got some good action, as well as a little bit of awkward Chie romance near the end (though she is getting better, that's nice to see.).

Great job! Can't wait for more.
Sentinel07 chapter 20 . 1/2
Nice to see this continued. Keep up the good work.
Sentinel07 chapter 19 . 12/27/2014
Great job so far. I hope to see this continued.
Ayla27 chapter 19 . 12/5/2014
Isn't this the part where Yu gets some kinda weird illusion? Looking forward to the next chapter. Glad you updated.
ericestrella chapter 19 . 12/4/2014
Hey, glad to see you return. Overall the chapter was great, only negatives I can honestly say is that there are some grammatical errors but honestly that's about it. I hope you're able to finish this fic considering some of the other Chie/Yu longfics died or have been on a long hiatus, but that is ultimately your decision and I respect you for it, there are more important things out there after all. Overall though, good chapter!
Anon chapter 19 . 12/2/2014
Really good chapter, please keep it up! :-)
Originaljuan92 chapter 19 . 12/2/2014
So happy this story is still alive. Thought it was dead honestly. Well can't wait for more chapters and have fun writing. Chie and Naoto are my favorite female protagonist and hope to read more stories about them.
Batknight chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
Great stuff, not too much say since this is mostly plot stuff, but it's well written nonetheless. Keep it up!
joey chapter 19 . 12/1/2014
Woo an update not much Chie x yu but still good, looks like rise might have a chance with him instead
ericestrella chapter 18 . 10/15/2014
I am absolutely in love with this fanfic. Thank you so much for writing this, Yu/Chie is my favorite pairing (personally I've honestly never been a fan of Chie/Yosuke and Chie/Yukiko). It honestly depresses me at times that there isn't that much fanart/fanfics with Yu/Chie, to me they had the best romance from the game. It's honestly kind of perplexing as to the lack of Yu/Chie, after all Chie (and Naoto) is the most popular P4 girl so you'd think it'd be the exact opposite! It makes me think this ship is actually really popular among just regular fans/gamers who just play the games, but not among fans/gamers who actually take the time to write these fanfics or make artwork and go all out with the whole "shipping" business and such, but oh well :'(

Fanboying over my OTP aside, this fic has been great. Love the point of view on Chie and seeing her inner thoughts, and not to mention you're really showcasing just how strong and wonderful the Yu/Chie pairing truly is. I'm honestly okay with the changes you've made in terms of such things as social links, they work well to be honest and it didn't bother me. Only thing I can honestly see you improving on is fight scenes, other than that sir you are GOLDEN (no pun intended).

To close my review off I'll just say...Yu/Chie ftw 3
Zatheko chapter 18 . 9/28/2014
Gotta say this has been a great read so far.

Chie is awesome to it's good to see a story from her pov.

Hope to see more soon!