Reviews for And the Birds Sing No More
Just-a-Kagehina-lover chapter 14 . 7/28
Thank you so much for writing this! It's EXACTLY what I wanted! A lot of people tend to forget the fact that the insane captor (whoever the character may be) KIDNAPPED the protagonist, and so they often take the matter too lightly. I think you did the absolute BEST job on this topic I've ever read! It was amazing and I really like your writing style. This is the first review I've ever written, because I normally just can't be bothered, but you are the first person I HAD to write a review for, no matter how good the other stories were. Please keep writing, you do an amazing job! I really got swept along and cried a lot in the end (but I'm a sucker for tragedy and a crybaby so I don't know if that's too big of an accomplishment). I just thought I had to tell you how much I appreciate this story. I was going to write one so similar, but now I don't even want to because it was just too BEAUTIFUL! There aren't enough words to describe it. Please keep writing, you're awesome!
Riza Phantomhive chapter 14 . 7/10
So lovely! And yet so sad :((. I like the ending very much, its like in a way, Antonio got what he wished. Lovino did not left him, even if he's dead. And to me, its sort of like Lovino preferred to be locked up and be with Antonio than to live freely without him by his side because the ending looks as if he's finding comfort inside his closet wishing it was Antonio's.

Very good plot! I cried so much at the ending. Keep up the good work :
FireFox Vixen chapter 14 . 6/24
rip in peace chapter 14 . 5/30
my heart hurts oh my god
Lolibeagle chapter 14 . 4/28
I was not expecting that ending. Wow. Amazing, I don't even know what else to say.
summermangos chapter 14 . 4/18
It was chilling, and beautifully written! My poor Lovi... I hope he gets okay again... T T
TheCreamToMilk chapter 14 . 1/12
This was an absolutely perfect story. You wrote the plot beautifully, and the way you wrote about each character was simply amazing.
I have to admit that when Lovino stabbed Toni I got really sad, because Lovi had regretted (?) it, and it broke my heart. But, it is your story, and it works well into it.
I was also silently screaming at Antonio for killing that policeman, because it was just going to make it worse xD
I stayed up superlate on school nights just to finish this story because I never had enough time in the day to read it.

I don't know if you're still looking at reviews, but if you are, I want you to know that you're awesome. As awesome as Prussia, maybe. ;)
YellowVixen chapter 2 . 12/20/2014
Omg, sorry but, the Velveteen Rabbit? That was my most favourite book as a child!
Mystic Dewdrop chapter 14 . 12/10/2014
Amazing fic and perfect ending! I loved it :)
Guest chapter 14 . 12/1/2014
This is amazing. Just amazing, breaking and melting my heart, making me cry and smile. Congratulations!

P.S.: Yes, I know this was written a year ago, but I just read it and my feelings are too confusing and intense to be hiden. Loved it.
Exerides T Fluorite chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
I don't even know if you check for reviews or anything anymore, but OMG! I hope you know how in love I am with this story! I really needed something like this (for months now) and when I stumbled upon this well-written, and well-put together, story I just about cried. Thanks for sharing your awesomeness!
TheAwesomeMe128 chapter 13 . 8/2/2014
Well, I'm backing from reading it a second time, and more slowly. I can see even more clearly Antonio's predicament and feelings this time around. So desperately lonely and distrustful, wanting and loving Lovino as a companion in the broken insanity and terrified of letting him go... and at the same time hurting him because Toni lacks enough humanity, of that essential element, to feel sufficient empathy. Again, it seems Lovino had actually been saving Toni, but maybe Toni was beyond help. I don't know. I feel awful.
I stand by what I said in my last review (on the End chapter). It's agonizing. So anguishingly sweet but at the same time so wrong and sick and awful that I don't know how to pinpoint my current whirlwind of emotions. I'm crying again, by the way.
I don't know whether to feel sorry for Toni or loathe him. Probably both. If there's an afterlife for him, I hope he finds peace and forgiveness and freedom from his own broken mind.
I hope Lovi finds a sort of peace and stability as well.
TheAwesomeMe128 chapter 14 . 7/31/2014
Oh god...
I'm crying right now. This is one of the most messed up and beautifully written pieces of fanfiction I've ever come across.
Reading this story was really anguishing. Seeing the relationship those two had, seeing how far they fall in so many ways... It was like I was holding back a scream the entire story. I don't even know what to feel, how to feel about the relationship between Antonio and Lovino.
I wish... I wish Antonio could have been saved. It hurt seeing him like that, even in his sweet moments I felt like flinching. It's possible Lovino helped him with whatever he was dealing with but in the end it didn't matter.
And Lovino is never going to be the same, ever again. That ending, that last chapter, those last paragraphs... so appropriate beyond anything I can put into words. Those last paragraphs...
It's all so messed up and in the end I can't say I'm happy or proud or sad or angry. I don't know whether to feel happy that Lovino escaped or grieve at what he, and Antonio, has lost. To be so completely in love, so far gone that even when free he wants to be captive again... I just feel a sense of great pain.
Fantastically written. In the process of emotionally manipulating Lovi you have emotionally toyed with me. I'll be rereading this.
hiensou chapter 14 . 7/7/2014
This was incredible! I was so torn because on one hand it's Antonio and Lovino, and I want them to fall in love and be together, but at the same time I wanted Lovino to just get the hell out of there. You managed a smooth, perfectly heart-breaking ending though. I sobbed my eyes out. I'm so happy I stayed up until 4 A.M. to read this, honestly.
aphnetherlandss chapter 14 . 7/1/2014
I honestly cried at the ending. Every time I read I still do. Please write more stories!