Reviews for Once a Year
sgclevel28 chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Absolutely beautiful. I have enjoyed all of your works thus far (I've only read a few), but this one is stunning and moving. As I said - absolutely beautiful. Thank you! I look forward to reading more of your stories. :)
ElizabethTARDIS chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Great job. Really moving. Spike is a little OOC ... but I like it :)
LostHeart4 chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
Fascinating idea! Love your work
Jhiz chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Hmm, this could take place anytime in Spike's history. I like that. Beautifully written. The image you create of the torture of attending church as a child was amusing and what I imagine it would have been.

I also liked the image of Spike not liking his ultimate destination but enjoying the trip. He does suck the marrow out of life so very fitting.

Thanks for sharing!
sirscreen chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
I really liked this, though Spike's mother would probably would have been Anglican rater than Catholic, but the two are similar.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
I follow all of your stories and probably should write a review for each, because you're an exceptional writer and all your stories are very good. I'm lazy though, and not actually signed up on ffnet. I had to write a review for this one anyway. This one-shot is absolutely beautiful. I always love how you refuse to ignore the less savoury aspects of Spike's character, yet still manage to make him wholly sympathetic. Your imagery is vivid, capturing a dark and sombre atmosphere with an economy of words that's very graceful. I won't wax lyrical any longer. I'll just finish by saying that this fic is the closest to perfect that I've read in a long, long time :)
AGriffinWriter chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
This is so beautiful and eloquent... quintessential Spike, captured so wonderfully. Made me tear up. The quote at the beginning is absolutely perfect. I can't say enough about how amazing this piece is.