Reviews for Beltane Child
BillBrink chapter 11 . 2/11
Enjoyable and entertaining. Thank you for sharing it. I never thought of this until your story, but counting back 9 months would make Harry a Samhain child. So I wonder if there would have been any extra blessing for that.
ChiDead chapter 11 . 1/19
That was beautiful.
The Ghostly Minion chapter 10 . 1/14
... and yet another chapter I missed! In a real sense, this is the culmination of that Betaine two years before.

Big ups to Harry for finally proposing and for Daphne saying yes. The reaction at the Burrow was exactly as expected — sadly including Ron’s. Consistent to the end he should consider himself lucky (but won’t) that Harry didn’t put him into St Mungos.

To wed on Beltane simply feels right. I love that McGonagall offered her family’s castle and elves for the ceremony. Andi and Molly were perfect as wedding planners, keeping Harry and Daphne’s involvement to the minimum required.

I’m overjoyed that Hermione and Neville are together. The other pairings mentioned make sense too.

A good job on Harry and Neville’s part to tire out the Twins and Teddy.

Fully fitting for Eric to give Daphne away. The ceremony went beautifully, though I wondered who officiated. ( it would have been a hoot if it had been one of the Cornwall Beltane Horned Warrior planners!) The reception seemed to go off great too.

I should remember about the book too. While they get along quite well on relatively small budgets, the returns from the book (and the Joke Shop) ensure the House of Greengrass-Potter will never lack for anything, ever.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 9 . 1/14
Thank Merlin for Andromeda and Molly! Hard to tell how harder it would be for Harry without them There is a clear need for a parenting manual with all the spells and tips clearly laid out. Hmmm, sounds like a Haphne project for the future.

The strains of trying to rear the Twins on her own finally convinced her to move to Harry’s and it’s wonderful; to see how being there with Harry and Kreacher as backup eases her burden. They have the ‘Grandmothers’ and Hermione to babysit. Given Ron’s attitude, their breakup was inevitable.

Harry’s Auror training experience bode quite well indeed for his future career. One thing he’ll need to consider is how putting his life on the line in the course of duty can affect the Twins and Daphne.

I love to see that they’ve embraced the other’s friends. More then that, I like that they have the scope to go out on dates, in both worlds.

The last date and lemon/lime that follows now convinces me that Daphne has truly fallen for Harry — you made it clear he’s falling HARD for her. I truly feel now that whatever the bond was that formed on Betaine did have an element of love in it.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 8 . 1/14
I’m surprised to find I hadn’t reviewed this chapter yet. These are a terrific set of reactions, running the gauntlet.

Stella is fully in character, still fully fixated on that betrothal contract. Fretting about the prospect of paying ‘compensation’ for Daphne being ‘damaged goods’ is pure delusion, IMMHO. I’m certain Daphne being the Goddess of a Betaine celebration tosses. all of that into the proverbial cocked hat. I’m sure that he couldn’t have demanded anything had he lived and that social pressure would have prevented Stella from offering any.

Astoria’s reaction is far more realistic, if no less happy than her mother’s. She realizes she is in a bad position — no longer able to hope to have an heir to compete with Caspian, trapped into a contract with an almost irretrievably damaged Draco — damaged fiscally, socially, politically. Further, Hogwarts is serious about ending all forms of bullying. Concluding she has to study hard to earn high NEWTs so as to get a good paying job makes great sense,

Ron’s response is totally predictable. I know that a lot of people will/would call this ‘bashing’ — I don’t see it that way. These attitudes and assumptions of his are fully in line with his character as shown in canon, i.e. the novels. It doesn’t take a seer to predict that things will yet end up far worse for him.

I can’t respect McGonagall’s reaction at all. It’s too little and far too late. This is her guilt talking, but even now she hasn’t admitted her true fault — she was an enabler. Never once has she acknowledged she allowed bad things to happen to Harry because she never stood up to Dumbledore. Not regarding the Dursleys, not regarding his years at Hogwarts.

I love Eric’s reaction — from sending the Quibbler to Stella to listening to Stella’s rant about it with his mother. The Twins will never lack for good male role models with Eric and Neville backing Harry.

Harry’s reaction is fully understandable. He wants the twins in his home and is disappointed that Daphne doesn’t agree. Still, it doesn’t affect his joy in seeing and his love for his children. It’s clear to me too that he has no interest to going to the mats with her over this. Otherwise, I see his feelings for Daphne herself are more mixed. On one level I see him becoming more comfortable with her with every moment he’s with her. On another, I see him wanting to fall in love with her and she with him. It’s not a smooth process — he’s still too burnt by Ginny for that to happen. Still their experience as the Goddess and the Horned Warrior did, it seems, create some form of a bond.

Finally, I enjoy Daphne’s reaction. She’s amused at his wistfulness in wanting them in his home, respects Harry in that he won’t pressure her to change her mind and something else. I can tell that she wants ultimately to marry him — what I’m not certain about is her emotions. Has she fallen in love with Harry? That’s the 64,000 Galleon question and I can’t tell. As I said above there is a bond there — but I don’t know if it translates into being in love with Harry. ...and of course her last thoughts on rearing the Twins are of the sort that shall come back and haunt her!

Cremming Stormlight chapter 11 . 12/20/2019
This was a good story. Short but sweet. Could have had a lot more interactions, but obviously you wrote this a long time ago.
LLGuido chapter 11 . 12/6/2019
I really like this story. Starting with the premise and then adding a twist, it kept me reading. I just couldn't stop reading. Thank you for writing. -LLGuido
Cranberrycheese chapter 1 . 12/2/2019
Beltane is actually on May 1st...
Guest chapter 11 . 11/18/2019
This is wat one would call a wholesome story
Mstdancer chapter 1 . 10/18/2019
It’s a sweet idea for a story and there are some good plot points but I think it could benefit from being fleshed our more with more character dialogue and interaction. A the very least you need a beta reader. There are a lot of grammatical errors and some phrases that don’t flow very well.
Specky Clarke chapter 11 . 9/15/2019
A great story, much removed from the usual that I read but it was a very enjoyable read.
Not Terrible chapter 5 . 9/3/2019
It's really not bad but I have to lump it in with the other generic fics, good concept but it doesnt have any real meat too it, you should spend more time with character interaction instead of exposition dumps, it makes the story feel like it doesn't have a soul. That and you lost me at the generic "slytherins ice princess"
Gouravsilentreader chapter 11 . 9/4/2019
Amazing story
Love it so much
P.M.Alderhill chapter 11 . 7/14/2019
10/10 great story, would have loved one more boy or to see harry name Teddy as heir black, Caspian as heir Greengrass and James as heir potter. Overall love what you made with this story
csheila chapter 3 . 7/11/2019
Love your stories because wizards actually think. Andi is great example
1,099 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »