Reviews for Circumstances
Lilybud chapter 10 . 2/6
One thing excellent about your writing, is how just about every sentence has so much meaning just standing alone. Some aspects I really liked was Cordelia giving her son "reasons, emotions," and her own reason for leaving, to prove a point. Also to see that Cordelia finally realizes she does love Frederick was just the sweetest thing! And Frederick crying! Gotta love him. There were so many great things in this story, and thank you a billion times over for writing it! I think I am spoiled now, and cannot look at other Frederick and Cordelia fics without comparing them to this.
Lilybud chapter 9 . 2/4
Absolutely adored how you balanced the sparring with Frederick's introspection; I wish I could put it into better words, but it gave the story an atmosphere that was both thoughtful, active, and meaningful. Meaningful-something you have succeeded in this story, as everything serves purpose, reveals another facet. Like the epiphany Frederick had from the recruits' and Stahl's involvement. I'll admit, I enjoyed Stahl in this immensely.
Lilybud chapter 8 . 2/4
Nice job writing their family life; it suits them spot-on. Heh, Severa's snide remarks to Inigo were so her. You write her splendidly!
Lilybud chapter 7 . 2/4
Sorry I haven't reviewed the chapters prior, but it's just sooo tempting to just go ahead and read the next chapter when it's RIGHT THERE! But this chapter I just HAD to review! You're right, an overprotective Frederick the Merciful (snigger) is needed! I like how his solution to Severa snogging is to chop down a forest. And Cordelia's response-ha! I like how touching this story is, with their relationship with each other plus Severa. While love of course should be included, it's wise how you founded their marriage on friendship, trust, affection-things that a marriage needs from the beginning but are often forgotten about in replace of lust or other things. How Cordelia said she knew Frederick loved her by all the little things, and your description of how he is made of details, just fits so perfectly! Commendable story, and can't wait to read what's up next!
Shadow Typer97 chapter 7 . 9/12/2014
Frederick is funny in this one! "fifty yard restraining order"
inkbender chapter 2 . 4/12/2014
Another brutal chapter, from Frederick's POV. And a possible guilt trip for Cordelia? Normally I'd say that a relationship kindled via guilt tripping isnt fair, but this isn't your normal conventional love story and we readers can't apply our usual guidelines to Frederick's courtship of Cordelia.
inkbender chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
Ohhhhhhh burn. This first chapter was heartbreakingly disappointing (from Frederick's point of view.) Like literally, my heart aches for this servant's heart. Speaking of which, it's rare to come across a love story nowadays that DOESN'T begin in passion and frenzied lust - that's just kind of the way our generation sees how "normal" relationships should proceed. Contrast this to archaic times, medieval days, generations past, when love in a marriage possibly arranged or somehow with one party unwilling started out slow or non-existent but, over time, gradually grew into something more. Looking forward to how this unconventional love story proceeds :)
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 10 . 3/10/2014
I can't believe it's over already. I'm pretty sad to have to leave my last review on it. Let me begin by saying this was an excellent story, not that I expected any less. It was sad and sweet all at the same time, and I really enjoyed reading it.

In this one, it was really nice to see that Cordelia has finally moved on. I've read quite a few stories where one was never truly happy with the other, so I find it a little refreshing to see that she's finally learned to love the man she married instead of taking a roll in the hay with the one she's pined for.

I can see Frederick being worried when he came home. It's true to his character, and it's sad to think that he doesn't really trust the two of them alone. But I guess he's not entirely to blame.

It was also sad when they left their son behind, but it's sweet to know that they will do all they can to return to him. I mean battle is an uncertain thing, no matter what changes you've brought and made. But that was a nice way to end it.

It was a great story. You should be proud of this.
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 9 . 2/28/2014
Finally, another moment to read this. I'll finish this tale or else. Once again, you do a wonderful job of describing their relationship and what it's like to be parents. I could just see Frederick hovering over his kid for every little thing. Seems he's more a mother hen than anything. I really liked this chapter. While he may not be the man she'd always loved, I think Cordelia has started to love the man she married more and more. Reminds me of that song that goes if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

This is such a great story. I'll be a bit sad to leave my final review on it.
guest chapter 10 . 1/24/2014
ah wait I forgot to add; every part of this story makes me sob every time I read it
guest chapter 10 . 1/24/2014
I can't believe this I've read this probably 3 times already and I only STARTED shipping these two together a couple days ago, most likely because of this story. The writing is absolutely amazing and everything is just so good thanks for the fic!
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 8 . 12/9/2013
And surprise, I've read the next one. Well, this seems very much like Frederick, babying his wife, not wanting her to do anything. It's pretty sweet, but very smothering as well. And it's just like him. I guess he figures he can run the house since he won't let Cordelia do it. I had to chuckle a little at him wanting to teach his unborn baby how to fence too.

That was also an interesting scene at the end with Severa announcing her engagement, and then Cordelia going into labor. Nothing like finding out your daughter is getting married, then giving birth to her. In some way, it's almost comical, even if you didn't intend it that way. Once again, you've done very well with this. I also enjoyed reading their transition into a time of peace.

Well done.
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 7 . 12/9/2013
Finally, a moment to keep going.

Well, I had to laugh at the end. Something tells me Frederick would be that overprotective, but I guess what father isn't. The thought of him chopping down every tree is, I think, hilariously, in character. I like the moments of him and Severa bonding together. I also liked the questions he's asking himself at the beginning. I'd say that'd be normal for someone in his situation. Nothing like meeting your own kid who hasn't even been born yet.

Once again, I've enjoyed reading this little look into his and Cordelia's lives. Well done.
Tiny Cherie chapter 10 . 11/18/2013
urgh frederick and cordelia is my favorite pairing 5eva
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 6 . 9/27/2013
Back again. Life's been a bit crazy for me lately.

Once again, you've done very well on this. I can't imagine it's easy for either of them to meet their daughter, especially when she acts like that. I like Cordelia's fear. I don't know why, but it gives her something. She's afraid of going back to who she was in the early days of her marriage. It's a tense situation, but her struggle is very well portrayed.

Well done.