Reviews for Massed Up 2
GaussFrigate chapter 18 . 8/24
Now that I am not being lazy and logging in you better keep going with this story. It's really great and actually details life outside of Shepard and the Normandy crew
He Who Devours The Suns chapter 18 . 8/22
This fic is amazing, legitimately one of the better SI's I've read on here. The actual character progression from random guy to leader of a pretty badass team is refreshing. He's not super over powered, but he's not weak either. Doesn't steal the spotlight, but is right there where the action is. And the experience he's picking up actually shows, not in a deus ex kinda way but more like he's earning the right to be called a badass. And the detail for how he presents himself, (which is original thank god instead of the overused Deadspace armor), but I may be biased in that since I like black and skulls. I hope that you keep up the awesome work, and I hope you can post more often cause this fic is fucking sweet.
SnowyRaider chapter 18 . 7/9
I love the way you ended the chapter. I honestly didn't think that sheppard's brother would come up again in the story. I love the characters development you've done with your minor characters as well. I can't wait to read the next chapter.
Twisted Platypus chapter 18 . 6/27
Hey! You slipped this reveal past me! Haha. You seriously have so many tricks up your sleeves, it's incredible. Looking forward to seeing how the new crew handles itself in combat; this'll be the first time Alex has really got into a fight as leader and the main playmaker, so high hopes! If anything, the thing I want to see more of is character backstory/interaction between the new crew people. Knowing you they've got as much depth as canon characters and I'd love to see what makes each of them tick! Otherwise, love the ship name, love the motivation behind the ship repairs; time for Sentinel to kick into high gear!
Ranger Station Charlie chapter 18 . 6/25
One thing he is missing that is vital is someone with a decent health care background just incase anyone gets hurt and their mission brings them too far out. Chapter was needed to show of the crew's interactions.
BrotherCaptainSheperd chapter 18 . 6/22
The heck? Cool but please don't tell me Katherine Shepard stays dead?
BrotherCaptainSheperd chapter 8 . 6/22
Booooomm... Literally
Shadow knight1121 chapter 18 . 6/21
Great work, im glad to see you are back again.
V-rcingetorix chapter 18 . 6/20
Glad to hear things are going better for you; extra work is always welcome ... kinda.

One typo: "snowed up" ... possibly you meant "showed up"? Yeah, I'll go with that ;)

Overall, good content. Chapter length was decent (apx 7.5k words), and the description places flowed well. I'd suggest leaving the describer/speech ratio as it is for now. Unless you start bumping chapter length to 10k, you should be good.

I don't see any logic breaks ... well, to be more accurate, no logic breaks inconsistent with the game. Some of the physics is a little off, and I think you ignored the 'reverse thrust for the second half of the voyage' idea, but otherwise it's excellent!

For Andromeda ... yeah. I lost my enthusiasm after the ME3 ending. It was the first game I pre-ordered, then they wanted $$ for Javik's DLC, and had an ending worthy of Dante's Fourth, Sixth, Eighth and maybe even Ninth Circles. Gotta love classic literature. I'll take a wait-see approach, maybe play Dragon Age Inquisition when it comes down in price.

Thanks for keeping up the story, love to see what you have in store for us :)
Nv34 chapter 18 . 6/19
Fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCKMFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! COME ON MAN! SEROIUSLY? THATS JUST FUCKED UP MAN. GOD DAMN!
Oyshik chapter 18 . 6/19
A cliffhanger? Noooo! Please update as soon as you can.
Mahiro55 chapter 18 . 6/19
Looking good as usual. Love your work and keep it up. :)
SCI-FIWIZARDMAN chapter 18 . 6/19
Holy shite, bad things just keep happening to you, huh? Sorry to hear about all that. But hey, least it's over now. And money! Money is always a fine source of happiness. F*** that one saying which says otherwise.

Sucks about getting fired from that one job though. Unfortunately, s'how it is with most part time jobs. Same thing happened to me once when I broke my ankle. Such jobs see employees as resources that are easily replaceable at the drop of a hat. If you can't come in for whatever reason, you're immediately out and the next person in line takes your place. You at least had a main job and extra shifts to fall back on.

Now, onto the chapter review itself. I've been giddy about information on the ship ever since the last chap came out, tbh. There's just something about those moments in the story when the main character hits milestones of advancement. Very satisfying. The character interactions were all good, as usual. I was surprised that the krogan of all things didn't have armor (considering that 90% of all krogan we see in the games are donned in the stuff), but minor twists are entertaining. As is constantly seeing the reactions of krogan to the mentioning of the knife-to-headcrest thing. HA-larious.

And then suddenly John Shepard. Can't say I was expecting that to pop up so suddenly. But it'll be interesting to see how this pans out. And seeing how Alex explains off how he, a former member of Kate's (sort-of) famous crew, just so HAPPENED to be out in the middle of nowhere at the right time to receive a distress call from Kate's brother, will be amusing. Pretty big coinkydink. I mean, this obviously can't be a sanctioned job with a contract if the Chairman is behind it, right? Speaking of which, in a normal ME universe, without Alex or whoever around as an extra character, wouldn't this mean that Shep's sibling died here from pirates? So Chairman is now once again sanctioning the changing of the timeline, for some undisclosed reason. PLOT DEVELOPMENT!

All things considered, a nice way to come back after a delay. Looking forward to what happens next.
general-joseph-dickson chapter 18 . 6/19
Nice chapter, time for a rescue.
Toothless is best chapter 18 . 6/19
fak. you cant do this to me. now i have to wait. i hate waiting.