Reviews for A Pale Hope Rises
RatherFabulous chapter 27 . 6/24
Wonderful to read an update. Do what you can, of course. Real life must come first. Thank you for the story. (Nicely done on the prose, by the way.)
Toras chapter 1 . 6/24
I do not understand this obsession people have with putting Harry into Middle Earth as a child. Especially when you consider that the only way that works is if you mind wipe him first. Otherwise you don't have a child you have an adult in a child's body. But then the author would have you believe that he will act like a child. So I think I will be giving this one a pass.
Story.Lover.Jynger chapter 4 . 6/23
Love these stories! Can't wait to finish!
agnar chapter 3 . 6/21
Ugh, I'm done. Okay, firstly Harry mentally whining and bitching about the second war and so on being all his fault, ridiculous nonsense, even to an emo, angsty twit. Without Harry's existence, the FIRST fucking war would have ended in Voldemort winning, or would STILL be going on. So that whole whining nonsense put me off.

Then we get Harry, allegedly mentally 17-18 and SHOULD be far more mature than most 18 year olds, behaving and thinking like a real 5-6 year old.

Not to mention the bullshit thoughts he has, like Ron and Hermione being the ONLY ones to be kind to him...

Sure, he went through lots of shit, but he DID have adults who fed him healed him, tried to look out for him. The Weasley parents, Hagrid, Sirius, Madam Pomfrey, Remus and Tonks. Not to perfection, but he DID get kindness and care from more than just Ron and Hermione.

So regressing him to this mentally damaged 5 year old, seeming to remember only his first year of Hogwarts or something... Lame, crappy.

I had thought, even hoped that Harry was coming in as a kid, years, even decades back before the Ring Quest started, running into a younger Aragorn. So he might actually be, ya know, useful when the Fellowship was forming. But instead we get a useless, whiny child Harry who is a child in both body AND mind, despite allegedly having the mind and memories of an 18 year old war veteran.
blackangel150 chapter 27 . 6/19
Poor Aragorn his child worries
Dew That Is Blue chapter 27 . 6/19
I love this story so much! So happy it updated and I cant wait for more!
mithrilandtj chapter 20 . 6/19
Why didn't Gandalf aim at the damn door?
automaton14 chapter 1 . 6/19
The further your story goes on, the more Harry regresses into childhood. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed with the whole Harry-is-now-5-even-though-he's-18 deal. It just feels... Boring? To be brutally honest, it feels like LOTR with a random kid thrown in. He's even stopped using magic, even though the rationale for that is kinda pointless, considering I don't think Sarumon would try harder to take helm's deepthat would mean he's trying as hard as he could already. Anyway, I just wanted to say that the story lacks... Flavor, I guess. It's very bland and disappointing. Harry doesn't seem to be Harry, and he doesn't seem to be the hope-bringer, or actually among the Istari or the Maiar which was a pretty big let down from your story description. I don't know. Your story just gives the impression of being pretty directionless.
mithrilandtj chapter 27 . 6/19
Could an Expecto Patronum work against these wraiths like it does for Dementors?

Please update SOON!
Chezakeeba chapter 27 . 6/19
Love it! Thank you so much for updating!
automaton14 chapter 24 . 6/18
Actually I was not entirely correct on that last review. Turns out that unless you mean groups of employees or it's a compound word, you can use either staffs or staves and be 'correct'. I hate English and its horrid lack of consistency.
automaton14 chapter 25 . 6/18
Staves, not staffs, unless you mean multiple groups of employees.
Vi38 chapter 27 . 6/18
Excellent update
automaton14 chapter 22 . 6/18
So here Saurumon used a hand gesture and incantation to kill the runt, yet Gandalf has no knowledge of using magic without a focus?
davycrockett100 chapter 27 . 6/18