Reviews for Ben 10: Unlimited
wtfchrlz chapter 5 . 2/21
If he has access to the speed force he should be a flash-tier speedster, pretty OP. Although if it effects Ben he should have super speed in his human form but w/e.
wtfchrlz chapter 3 . 2/21
Someone with Superman-tier strength got knocked over by a rolling desk? Lol, that's why I hard a hard time getting into DC. Zero power level consistency.
wtfchrlz chapter 2 . 2/20
Cool now steal some tears and get a Kryptonian form. Priorities.
wtfchrlz chapter 1 . 2/20
How's she a hero when the whole thing was her fault to being with? Lol.
Joy chapter 38 . 2/10
It was amazing
DiabloONE chapter 1 . 12/25/2023
nn
Amit Barabi chapter 38 . 12/3/2023
This story will never get old. It's Hero Time!
Amit Barabi chapter 36 . 11/30/2023
This chapter justified the existence of the stupid third season of Alien Force. Great job.
WebKiller chapter 29 . 6/14/2023
Hypnotick is the name of Big Chill's Predator. Just to let you know.
Wanglin9722 chapter 7 . 4/10/2023
Kara is sort af how short is ben holy fuck Kara is 5’4”
kashriramji chapter 14 . 4/5/2023
THREAD: TELL ME ABOUT OBSCURE CHARACTERS YOU'RE SUPER INTO BUT VIRTUALLY NO ONE ELSE IS!
11-02-2019, 11:50 AM#46

Shadowcat's AvatarJoin Date
Otherworld
5,449
Default
Helen Alexandros, the pre-Crisis Bronze Age Silver Swan, and Debbie Domaine, the pre-Crisis Bronze Age Cheetah.
Last edited by Shadowcat; 11-02-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-03-2019, 08:26 AM#48
Heavunion Heavunion is offline
Amazing Member
Heavunion's AvatarJoin Date
Feb 2018
Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
What about some of the freaky looking Lanterns in the Sinestro Corps?

Some of them should get at least a mini or one-shot.
Agree and I will support this for every Corps. Considering they are all based around emotions taken to the extreme, it makes for so much interesting short stories if done.

The One-Shots they got for Sinestro Corps War were amazing and I gotta add Despotellis to the list of great obscure characters

A Virus that kills by making you sick is amazing and such a chilling concept, especially when he renders powerless such a energic character like Guy Gardner or having a Green Lantern die simply by letting him work himself to death
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-04-2019, 08:14 PM#49
The One and Only The One and Only is offline
742
Default
Scratch, the teenage werewolf, who has only appeared in a Sam Keith written and drawn mini series from back in 2004. Keith's nice ,little gothic fairy tale was a good read. Was hoping with Batman's prominent place in the mini, Scratch would have a place in the Gotham City Monsters mini series. The team has its Frankenstein, and a vampire, even a sea dwelling creature. But there's a conspicuous werewolf vacancy in the group.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-04-2019, 10:43 PM#50
lalalei2001 lalalei2001 is offline
Fantastic Member
308
Default
I really like obscure villains, like the Black Widow/Princess Helena and Golden Age Star Sapphire from Flash comics, and Bea Carroll and Lesla-Lar from Superman/Supergirl.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-05-2019, 12:38 AM#51
Shadowcat Shadowcat is offline
Jewish & Proud Feminist
Shadowcat's AvatarJoin Date
Otherworld
5,449
Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
Star Sapphire is a silver age character.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-05-2019, 06:26 AM#52
WonderScott WonderScott is offline
WonderScott's AvatarJoin Date
San Francisco, CA
4,302
Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
Star Sapphire is a silver age character.
There was a Golden Age version too.

IMG_

Ya'Wara
Black Condor
Tomorrow Woman
Alpha Centurion

On the villainous side of things:

Calendar Girl
Phantasm
Carnivora
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-05-2019, 07:30 AM#54
Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
There was a Golden Age version too.
Sole inhabitant of a planet? That's sad. And so she calls herself its "ruler?" Well, that's just really sad...
Page 4 of 4FirstFirstPrevious1234

kashriramji chapter 13 . 4/5/2023
10-26-2019, 11:15 PM#31
Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
No problem. Plus, Red Hood in general, since Rebirth, has been really good. The worst? Solid (nothing great, but not awful).

RHATO was my fave rebirth book until Biz and Art were taken off the book.
“To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-26-2019, 11:35 PM#32
Restingvoice Restingvoice is offline
Restingvoice's AvatarJoin Date
Mar 2018
9,501
Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
His name was Christopher, aka Burden. And yes, he was absolutely endearing! So was Mouse from the same series.

Speaking of obscure characters I'm fond of, the iteration of the Green Team Teen Trillionaires that was out during the same time was super fun. Despite it's short run of 5 issues before being cancelled, I became quite invested in them.

Honestly, most of what I like or have grown to like tends to come from books that are super short lived in the last 8 years or so. New 52 was my jam for books like that.
Burden! Yeah, I remember my first reaction when I first read that was... wow. Awful parents. Because he first refers to himself as Burden, not his real name.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-27-2019, 03:22 AM#33
DigiCom DigiCom is offline
Midnight Missionary
DigiCom's AvatarJoin Date
4,699
Default
Richard Dragon, in particular, his "retired badass" portrayal in various Question/Huntress-related stories.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-27-2019, 09:39 AM#34
Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
RHATO was my fave rebirth book until Biz and Art were taken off the book.
The last issue they came back to the main Earth after being trapped on another for months (and a place in between realities).
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-27-2019, 10:58 AM#35
Default
Thanks for the update! I did pick up the annual where their story is updated. Are they back for good now?
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-27-2019, 03:40 PM#36
Ultimate Rogue Ultimate Rogue is offline
Moo-tant?
Ultimate Rogue's AvatarJoin Date
Feb 2019
Wales
677
Default
I liked Starling, Evelyn Crawford.

Whatsa matter with y'all for not being super into her. She's a treat.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-27-2019, 05:58 PM#37
lemonpeace lemonpeace is offline
duke's casettetape
lemonpeace's AvatarJoin Date
Jan 2016
Brooklyn's WiFi
5,195
Default

David Zavimbe, I really dug his New 52 run but it never materialized anything spectacular and then they shelved him to give his mantle to Luke Fox; with a nice little insult by retconning David was Bruce's second choice. They left him wanting to "go his own way" so I would love if they reintroduced him as a new hero. Maybe have him working with Lord Battle (who I am absolutely in love with as a concept from David's run) as a way to give him some kind of ability to make him stand out.

SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

watch The Lost Okoroshi dir. by Abba T Makama

currently following:
Shonen Jump: One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Black Clover, Mashle, Black Clover, Kaiju No. 8
DC: Black Adam, Blue Beetle: Grad Day, Dark Knights of Steel
Marvel: Black Panther, Wakanda
Webtoon: Hectopascal, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force BlackSun, Red Hood: Outlaws
"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-27-2019, 06:30 PM#38
Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
At least until #50 (when Lobdell's current plans for the series ends). After that, depends on what happens with the series going forwards.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-27-2019, 07:31 PM#39
Stanlos Stanlos is offline
Stanlos's AvatarJoin Date
Jun 2014
3,457
Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
As per the title. Tell me why you love this character!
I like Empress from PAD's Young Justice. I like her because of her backstory, her parents, her friendships with Cassie and Cissie, and her amazing powers and gear. She has tactile teleportation, fighting skills, and magick.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-01-2019, 10:38 AM#40
cyclops1983 cyclops1983 is offline
Spectacular Member
104
Default
my obscure characters that I appreciate are Captain Atom and Doctor Mid-Nite (Pieter Cross). Cap's last mini series was just some crazy stuff that didn't fit, was hoping for more after he started making apperances again. As for Cross...I don't know with the Justice Society/JSA return if it'll be him as the good Doctor returning. Wish he could've survived New 52 just like Mister Terrific did.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-01-2019, 01:02 PM#41
DrNewGod DrNewGod is offline
Boisterously Confused
8,913
Default
My favorite is probably Alpha Centurion.

I love the idea of a brilliant human-out-of-time, who through will, technology, and alternative tactics can equal Superman.

I also love Baron Winters

I adore the mysterious, supernatural, Machiavellian string-puller type characters.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-01-2019, 03:01 PM#42
Overhazard Overhazard is offline
Overhazard's AvatarJoin Date
3,481
Default
A few favorites that are relatively obscure, but not totally.

1. OMAC, both Buddy Blank and Kevin Kho.

Buddy's Omac was Captain America, in the future. It was a really fun book to read, but Jack Kirby didn't get to finish it. I re-read it from time to time, I mean, the first story has him blow up a factory full of robot sex dolls.

Kevin's OMAC was a cyborg version of the hulk, people who didn't like Mark Waid's run at the time called OMAC the best hulk book on the stands. I miss reading about them. They were a lot of fun.

2. Caitlin Fairchild. Caitlin, like Power Girl before her, has been written off as a male-gaze-y fanservice character, and admittedly she kind of was, but she's more than that. She's a computer scientist, a capable leader and strategist.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-01-2019, 06:10 PM#43
lemonpeace lemonpeace is offline
duke's casettetape
lemonpeace's AvatarJoin Date
Jan 2016
Brooklyn's WiFi
5,195
Default
repost from the other obscure character thread:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

Saint Walker, I absolutely LOVE Saint Walker! personally, of all of DC's characters [maybe comics in general], he's the one I aspire to be like the most.

[Saint Walker]
Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-01-2019 at 06:17 PM.

watch The Lost Okoroshi dir. by Abba T Makama

currently following:
DC: Black Adam, Blue Beetle: Grad Day, Dark Knights of Steel
Marvel: Black Panther, Wakanda
"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-01-2019, 06:13 PM#44
LifeIsILL LifeIsILL is offline
LifeIsILL's AvatarJoin Date
1,623
Default
What about some of the freaky looking Lanterns in the Sinestro Corps?

Some of them should get at least a mini or one-shot.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-01-2019, 07:50 PM#45
Exciter Exciter is offline
Exciter's AvatarJoin Date
3,679
Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
I was actually going to list the original Claw...!
And the Warlord.
Agreed on both of these. I wish Claw the Unconquered was treated as DC’s premiere “fantasy” hero, ala Conan the Barbarian. And the Warlord is basically a whole D&D world right at the center of DC’s Earth - incredible concept.

I also love the Haunted Tank. The ghost of a Confederate general haunting a tank that fought Nazis is just amazing to me.
Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Fan Made Solicitation Games, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!
Page 3 of 4FirstFirstPrevious1234NextLastLast

Contact Us Comic Book Resources Community Ar
kashriramji chapter 11 . 4/5/2023
10-24-2019, 04:48 PM#16
LifeIsILL LifeIsILL is offline
LifeIsILL's AvatarJoin Date
1,623
Default
Nemesis Kid from LOSH. Apparently his super-power is that he can defeat anyone. Whatever that means. But somehow couldn't beat Princess Projektra from killing him...
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 08:00 PM#17
Doctor Bifrost Doctor Bifrost is offline
Doctor Bifrost's AvatarJoin Date
May 2015
2,106
Default
Helena Kosmatos, the "Golden Age Fury" that Roy Thomas created to replace Wonder Woman in the All-Star Squadron post-Crisis on Infinite Earths. She was the only one of the "replacement" heroes that really worked for me. She was a fascinating character, young and naive with powers and connections to the Furies of Greek Myth that she could barely understand, but she was growing into it all. Thomas made excellent use of his encylopediac knowledge of Greek mythology to craft a woman warrior who had a great backstory and, despite the Greek myth connections, was definitively not Wonder Woman. And visually she was great.

I also thought, that, narratively speaking, she made a better mother for Lyta Trevor, the Fury of Infinity, Inc. (post-CoIE), then Diana did. Neil Gaiman made great use of this connection in "The Kindly Ones" arc of Sandman, and he also included a great farewell scene for the elderly Helena Kosmatos. (Strongly implied; easy to miss.)

I was enormously looking forward to seeing more (primarily flashback) stories about these two characters, and finding out who Lyta's father was, how Lyta wound up being raised by Joan Dale Trevor (the Golden Age Miss America), the connection between Joan's husband and Steve Trevor, and so on.

Then two things happened.

(1) Christopher Priest wrote the Wonder Woman story "The 18th Letter." He needed a secondary villain for the story, and someone suggested the GA Fury, who - he said - he never heard of. I have enormous respect for Priest, but the Fury character wasn't important to him, and the result was character assassination. After that she spent some time in the Wonder Woman comic, and the downward spiral was even worse. She was crazy and murderous, and never even thought about her own daughter.

(2) The New 52 hit, and every aspect of history that involved the GA Fury and the II Fury vanished. As a reader of serial fiction, I appreciate the fact that there are mysteries and unknown details in the backstories of the characters, and I look forward to these mysteries being resolved over time, and to learning more about the histories. It's one of the reasons I come back every month (or, used to.) One of the (many) things I didn't like about The New 52 was that all those unresolved stories simply vanished. My patience with them was not exactly rewarded.

But the GA Fury - oh, I liked her!
Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently."
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 08:06 PM#18
Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
From what I recall, he could counter anyone's powers, so Projectra didn't use her powers, just neck-breaking anger over him killing her man.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 08:17 PM#19
Restingvoice Restingvoice is offline
Restingvoice's AvatarJoin Date
Mar 2018
9,501
Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
I'm pretty fond of Bunker, but I don't even know if he's being used in anything.

Otherwise, hrm. Captain Marvel Jr is one. He was never really obscure historically, but now that the Marvel Family has been phased out in favor of the Shazam Fam and their grown-up counterparts, I especially miss Captain Marvel Jr. and his old school tendency to just really freaking hate Nazis and spend all his time trying to kill them.

Yeah, I mean like, Golden Age Captain Marvel Jr.
Bunker's in Red Hood Outlaw. Jason found him when he left Gotham, then he became Jason's assistant when he took over Penguin's Iceberg Lounge. That arc's done though. Since now Jason's teaching Lex Luthor's gifted children, I don't know what happens to him.

I like one character of Gail Simone's The Movement. Forgot his name since it's been a while. A blonde teenage boy who has a demon inside him which he lets out when he's berserk. Most of the time he was a cute kid who's definitely been abused in the past.

His costume and looks remind people of a younger Azrael at that time.

He's from an Amish village, has a strict big brother with an angel inside him (or was it a demon with angelic features). So he has a persecution complex as he saw it as a sign from God and that he's responsible to tame his brother's demonic nature.
Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-24-2019 at 08:23 PM.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 09:38 PM#20
Toreador Toreador is offline
929
Power Co.
El Diablo (Raphael Sandoval)
Jonni Thunder
Scarlett
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-25-2019, 10:34 AM#21
Sutekh Sutekh is offline
8,785
Default
Loving lots of the characters mentioned in this thread, like the Power Company (particularly Manhunter, Witchfire, Striker Z, Skyrocket and Josiah Power), Damage (the original, not the 52 Hulk-homage), Bunker, Night Girl and Lilith Clay!

Other obscure favorites of mine include;
Danette Reilley/Firebrand
Tuatara
Icemaiden
the Helena Wayne Huntress
Duela Dent/Joker's Daughter
all sorts of ancillary Legion characters like Academy students Nightwind, Crystal Kid and Lamprey, or Heroes of Lallor, Gas Girl, Evolvo Lad and Life Lass, Karate Kid 2 (Myg), Kid Quantum 2 (Jasmin), Dragonmage, Theena, Gazelle, etc.
Last edited by Sutekh; 10-25-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-25-2019, 01:53 PM#22
titanfan titanfan is offline
3,075
Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
Yup he develops powers that allow him to defeat target opponent's? powers, but that doesn't necessarily make him immune to said person's powers, nor guarantee that he'll use them correctly.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-25-2019, 01:59 PM#23
caj caj is online now
Apr 2018
3,930
Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
I read an interview with artist Steve Lightle where he said - and I'm paraphrasing - that Projectra's bloodline was very mystical. When Nemesis Kid looks into her eyes, she paralyzes him with fear and she breaks his neck.

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-25-2019, 08:19 PM#24
9th. 9th. is offline
9th.'s AvatarJoin Date
Oct 2017
4,124
Default
I miss Bunker, he has a cool versatile powerset. He's from the TT run that no one wants to revisit (rightfully so) so he's never coming back.

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
DC: Currently figuring that out
Marvel: Read above
Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-25-2019, 09:31 PM#25
Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post

Well...

Lobdell actually brought him back for an arc in Red Hood. And that was just the previous arc. And in the latest arc, he brought back Doomed.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-25-2019, 11:10 PM#26
Default
I wonder if Bunkers powers are in any way related the the Lanterns construct powers...
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-26-2019, 07:46 AM#27
9th. 9th. is offline
9th.'s AvatarJoin Date
Oct 2017
4,124
Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
Well...

Guess I gotta catch up on Red Hood, thanks for telling me.
Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
J. D. Guy J. D. Guy is offline
Feb 2015
3,662
Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

His costume and looks remind people of a younger Azrael at that time.

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-26-2019, 03:12 PM#29
JTHM JTHM is offline
Fantastic Member
JTHM's AvatarJoin Date
Oct 2019
272
Default
Ben Rubel. The romantic interest of Supergirl during her first phase in her newest Rebirth run. He was obviously filling the Lois Lane trope for her. But I think he was cute and a nice way to keep Supergirl anchored to a more 'human' part of herself, so to speak. I also liked their dynamic.

Following that trend. Z'ndr. The Star Lord knock-off that followed her during her second phase when she was investigating Krypton's destruction. He was honestly funny, kind of like a more lighthearted Han Solo and again, I just liked him. Sadly Supergirl doesn't have any luck when it comes to side-characters
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-26-2019, 08:27 PM#30
Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
Guess I gotta catch up on Red Hood, thanks for telling me.
Page 2 of 4FirstFirstPrevious1234NextLastLast

Contact Us Comic Book R
kashriramji chapter 10 . 4/5/2023
10-24-2019, 11:54 AM#1
544
Default Tell me about obscure characters you're super into but virtually no one else is!
As per the title. Tell me why you love this character!
Last edited by Ulysses; 10-24-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 12:24 PM#2
caj caj is online now
Apr 2018
3,929
Default
All the members of L.E.G.I.O.N - Vril Dox II, Lyrissa Mallor, Stealth, Strata, Garryn & Marij'n Bek, Captain Comet, Lady Quark, etc...
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 12:44 PM#3
Adekis Adekis is offline
Adekis's AvatarJoin Date
2,860
Default

Yeah, I mean like, Golden Age Captain Marvel Jr.
"You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 12:59 PM#4
Phoenixx9 Phoenixx9 is offline
Phoenixx9's AvatarJoin Date
Nov 2016
12,582
Default
Night Girl of the Legion.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 01:01 PM#5
Energist Energist is offline
Time to liver forever!
Energist's AvatarJoin Date
151
Default
Kate Spencer's my favorite character at DC, and she's pretty obscure, I think.

Beyond Kate, though, I also really like Starling (Evelyn Crawford), whom I've all but given up on ever seeing again after she unceremoniously turned heel and disappeared.

On the villain side, I wish Roulette got more love.
"Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 01:24 PM#6
Agent Z Agent Z is offline
Junior Member
32,107
Default
Lorena Marquez the second Aquagirl. I liked her in the Dan Abnett Aquaman run from the 2000s.

Akila the Bana-Mighdall Amazon that first appeared in Wonder Woman annual volume 2. She was an engineer and pacifist.

Shadowpact and Power Company. Particularly Nightshade for the former and Skyrocket and Witchfire for the latter.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 01:42 PM#7
Riv86672 Riv86672 is online now
Riv86672's AvatarJoin Date
Aug 2019
6,772
Default
Yeah, i’m a Power Company fan.

Ted Kord Blue Beetle, he’s my guy.
Damage, who’s book ended much too soon.
Vartox. Come on the guy’s based on Sean Connery!
Challengers of the Unknown. The real ones (The Professor, Ace, Rocky, Red, June).
The Creeper, he’s awesome!
Flame bird. Nightwing’s number one fan girl.

There are way more but this is off the toppa my head.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 02:22 PM#8

Johnny's AvatarJoin Date
Nov 2014
10,281
Default
I wouldn't say I'm "super into" those characters, but I've always liked Hawkman and Ray Palmer. Obviously they shouldn't be considered obscure, but they seem rather underrated to me. And their friendship is really underrated.
Last edited by Johnny; 10-24-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 02:33 PM#10
Katana500 Katana500 is offline
Katana500's AvatarJoin Date
Aug 2016
1,315
Default
I like Claire Clover (Gotham Girl), but I think im one of very few.

I think she is doomed to irrelevance sadly.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 02:48 PM#11
krazijoe krazijoe is offline
krazijoe's AvatarJoin Date
2,771
Default
I've always loved Plastic Man. I know not super obscure but very under utilized...

THen there is Prime from the Ultraverse.
A sort of Spiderman/Shazam hybrid.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 03:07 PM#12
Thunder Agent Thunder Agent is offline
All-New Member
Oct 2015
Default
So many, just a few off the top of my head: Animal Man, Manhunter (all versions), and Metamorpho.
Last edited by Thunder Agent; 10-24-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 03:22 PM#13
astro work astro work is offline
astro work's AvatarJoin Date
Feb 2018
Denver metroplex
797
Default
Lillith Clay/Omen, of the Titans.
I feel like every time she is near getting some solid storytelling, there is a creative change and she gets swept under the rug for another 5 years.
I like her spooky origins as first told in the backup stories in the OG Teen Titans first run. And I also like the hippie counter-culture vibe she's always had.
Lastly, the DCU doesn't have nearly as many prominent telepaths as Marvel...her powers are "reasonably" unique in the overpopulated DC hero world.
(yes, yes there are other telepaths but not many prominent ones who get significant page time other than Martian Manhunter, Miss Martian and Saturn Girl).
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 03:28 PM#14
Default
The John Chan version of Claw - formerly of "Primal Force" (I did a little update to his look)
Attached Images Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018_Claw_Chan_ (45.7 KB, 131 views)
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote10-24-2019, 04:25 PM#15
Riv86672 Riv86672 is online now
Riv86672's AvatarJoin Date
Aug 2019
6,772
Default
I was actually going to list the original Claw...!
And the Warlord.

BANNED
Dec 2018
1,287
Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
And how would Darkstar stories be differentiated from GL stories in any meaningful way that isn't also similar to the Nova Corps?
That would depend, in part, on the Green Lantern stories being told. I've read GL stories with a Peter Parker-ish guy more or less living his life in New York while doing super hero stuff. I've read Green Lantern stories about a guy on a planet trying to get a whole bunch of disparate cultures to live in harmony with each other. I've read Green Lantern stories with some dudes trecking across America dealing with social issues. All were completely different from each other. They also highlight the many different types of stories you can do with characters like these.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-05-2019, 06:46 AM#32
Vampire Savior Vampire Savior is offline
BANNED
Dec 2018
1,287
Another thing, too...

You can differentiate your project from Green Lantern, which is always a good idea, and/or you can do what Green Lantern does and make it better than Green Lantern. Some people will act like that is impossible, but it certainly is not. Green Lantern is not THAT good. One good place to start is to take a look at Green Lantern, identify its weaknesses, and exploit them. Just to name a few...

Hardly any good bad guys. So you create incredible villains.
Overblown character roster that often spreads focus too thin and has fans in constant disappointment, fear, and civil war. So you centralize your focus and convince your readers they can depend on your lead character not to be undermined.
Last edited by Vampire Savior; 11-05-2019 at 06:49 AM.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-05-2019, 11:51 AM#33
the illustrious mr. kenway the illustrious mr. kenway is offline
the illustrious mr. kenway's AvatarJoin Date
11,697
Default
I thought about Kyle as a blue lantern or a someone who can make what he draws real.

I'm more into keeping the legacy characters but making them less dependent on being a legacy.
Reply With QuoteReply With Quote11-05-2019, 12:22 PM#34
DrNewGod DrNewGod is offline
Boisterously Confused
8,913
Default
Less about Batman's origin, than what came after. I would never allow him to find, or even identify, his parents' murderer. Taking a page from L.A. Confidential, Joe Chill should be a name Bruce Wayne created to imbue this mysterious figure with some kind of identity.
Page 3 of 3FirstFirstPrevious123