Reviews for Sansûkh
The Cajun Phoenix chapter 29 . 6/13
Barur is just as awesome a cook as his dad Bombur and young Albur is still struggling with his cooking skills. Then Gimizh stirs up things as always. Gimizh's got the whole of Erebor's hearts and devotion.

Gimrís threatens to whup Gimli's ass for singing those tavern songs and for being a bad example for Gimizh-she'll also whup Bofur's ass too if he sang those tavern songs too. Haban, Mizim, and Hrera would definitely wash out Gimli's, Gimizh's, and Bofur's mouths with soap.

Glóin is always going to be awesome with his family because he knows nothing stays the same-and he's awesome as Gimizh's grandpa. Gimizh and Laerophen bond over stolen cookies and it's just so cute. I wonder how Laerophen will handle Dwalin's and Orla's three boys and Gimizh because Laerophen is in for more Dwarf youngsters than he expected to meet.

Barís Crystaltongue and the blonde Dwarrowdam Bani interact but no word yet on whether or when these two awesome Dwarrowdams have found their Ones in each other-now this is a slow build if they have. And Barís's brother Bibur can help with the metalwork Bani has no patience for.

The War of the Ring really is an intergenerational one-even Erebor's youth is getting ready for the war efforts. Good thing Dale's King Brand made his dragon-sick councillors send Dale's troops to Erebor or he would replace them with councillors who would send troops to help Erebor.

Gimli does his best in tutoring Merry in combat and Merry doesn't like to wear shoes. Pippin always gets into trouble and then Pippin looked into the Palantir. Now Gandalf and Pippin are making the long ride to Minas Tirith and Merry is devastated over being separated from Pippin. And Thorin understands better than most why Aragorn is hesitant to use the Palantir himself.

Thorin is blown away when he realizes Gimli loves Legolas back just as sincerely as Legolas loves Gimli. Gimli is fully aware of his own mortality, though, and he's devastated by Legolas's sorrow and torn emotions. Aragorn feels similar mixed emotions about his love for Arwen-Arwen loves Aragorn and wants to be with him and he feels the same way but he also doesn't want Arwen to throw away her life for his sake.

Before Kíli met Tauriel in Mirkwood he might have agreed with Thorin's suspicion toward all Elves. Now Kíli is able to tell Thorin that Legolas is nothing like Thranduil and that Gimli might never forgive Thorin for not accepting Legolas and Gimli as a couple. Kíli is heartbroken because Tauriel and he both found their Ones in each other and they both died before they could consummate their love for each other. Thorin is beyond devastated that Kíli couldn't tell him about Tauriel when they were alive all because Thorin's emotional open wounds over Thranduil abandoning the Dwarves when Smaug attacked Erebor only made it impossible for Kíli to tell him about Tauriel sooner. I wonder how Thorin will respond when he finds out who Fíli's One was. Every time Thorin is confronted with somebody else's lost love, he's even more anguished over his own unconsummated relationship with Bilbo.

Sam's-and Lóni's and Frár's-reaction over seeing an Oliphaunt is priceless. Please give us more of the interactions between Faramir, Frodo, Sam, and Gollum as Faramir battles The One Ring's corrosive temptation and is faced with the choice of pleasing his depressed father Denethor or letting Frodo, Sam, and Gollum continue on their journey to Mordor.

I'm looking forward to more updates from you.
The Cajun Phoenix chapter 19 . 6/10
Fíli is so awesome when he is able to bond with Thorin as his uncle, especially when he points out how unruly Thorin's hair is. *sketching out the design for a stainless steel comb with the teeth overlapping in Dwarven design and beveled steel or copper accents and intaglio painted steel or copper accents to make it look awesome*

*snickers under my breath* Poor Thráin can't get Narvi to help him fix his greaves. *stops snickering* Still, male or female, Narvi will always hate Sauron for corrupting the Elven smith Celebrimbor.

Ori does not handle schedule changes too well, especially when it's Sauron who's making those schedule changes necessary.

I feel so sorry for Haban because Óin in in for one hellacious hangover as he tries to process Gimli's burgeoning friendship with Legolas by getting drunk on as much ale as he can swallow. So are Balin, Fundin, and Gróin. Kíli makes the smart call when he sleeps in rather than watch the madness and mayhem unfold since he could be too big a handful for four hungover Dwarven elders to handle, no pun intended.

Thranduil's middle-born son Laerophen is in for the education of a lifetime when he and the Elven archers come to Erebor. And when he gets Gimli's name wrong, he's in for more than an earful. For once in your non-aging lives, Elves of Mirkwood, stop with the superiority complexes and just be gracious and accept that the Dwarves can be every bit as awesome as you see yourselves.

Thorin looks like he's about to be sick when he sees Boromir try to strangle Frodo over The One Ring since he also flashes back to when he tried to strangle Bilbo after Bilbo used the Arkenstone as a bargaining chip and was willing to risk Thorin's wrath to try to save his life and stop Bard and Thranduil from destroying the Dwarves in a handicap fight. Frodo is also trying to save Boromir from losing his mind by keeping The One Ring out of Boromir's reach even though The One Ring has also begun to take its toll on Frodo as well as on Boromir.

*yelling a barrage of expletives at Sauron for ruining Thorin's, Bilbo's, Frodo's, and Boromir's lives for inciting Celebrimbor to make those Rings of Power and for making The One Ring*

Dáin is as awesome and as practical as always, though he also has that gentler side when a family-style dinner is on the itinerary. Awww, the Stonehelm likes Bombur's daughter Bomfrís and vice versa. Gimizh and the Brothers Dwalinul are definitely adorable when they get into mischief together.

Frerin is so awesome when he calls out Thorin for wincing over his reaction over how much he and Boromir have in common and then says neither Thorin nor Boromir ever set out to be eaten alive by obsession, desperation, and rage when they can't get what they are focused on getting. And it's also the truth. Nobody sets out to deal with the kind of obsessions and traumas that can and will break anybody and everybody.

Thorin would definitely have lost it if he'd watched Boromir's death and Merry's and Pippin's abduction at the paws of Lurtz the Uruk-Hai in person since Lurtz reminds Thorin too much like Azog the Defiler, Azog Sr, and Bolg. And he would definitely have been on Aragorn's ass as well, no pun intended. If Aragorn wavers in his oaths, he won't be worthy of carrying Boromir's vambraces in his memory and the fate of Gondor in his heart and on his shoulders.

Even Boromir's funeral scene (in both the Theatrical Edition and the Extended Edition for "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings") and Thorin's funeral scene (only in the Extended Edition for "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Fives Armies") are similar.

Sam continues to be awesome and Thorin knows just how awesome Sam is when Sam realizes Frodo ran toward the boats and makes his way there so Frodo won't be alone when he goes to Mordor.

Oh, yeah, I will definitely keep reading.
LaylanatorXVII chapter 37 . 6/8
I am sobbing. SOBBING. And it's all your fault, you rascal. :-)
Wow! I have neglected to review thus far- mostly because this fic is so blessedly long, and I just read it over the span of two days, ah! But this! This has got to be one of the best fics I have ever read in my LIFE.
This fic is poignant, and polished, and emotional and beautiful and I ADORE IT TO THE CORE. I especially love the neurodiversity, and how refreshingly accepting of such things the dwarves are.
And GOD ALMIGHTY THE SLOW BUILD. I. LOVE. SLOW. BUILD. AND THIS IS THE SLOWEST OF BUILDS. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.
I hope you get the time and energy to write and update soon- however, I'm sure such things are hard to come by now that you have a little girl to take care of. ;-) As such, I am content to wait, albeit eagerly, for the next installment when I inevitably reach the end of chapter 41 in the next few hours. Good luck!
Thank you SO, SO MUCH for writing this FANTASTIC piece of work.
Have a nice day! :-)
bookygurl3400 chapter 41 . 5/10
*internal screaming* I died laughing while reading the letters. The people in the bus probably think that I'm crazy. Please keep up the great work, I love this fanfic!
"But I made you a pen!"

Thorin...
Visitor chapter 41 . 4/20
My heart feels warm, it was nice to read this when my night feels like its going down hill, thank you as always for your hard work and returning once more to update. Seriously this really did help ease my mind a bit in its own way. Summer's approaching, I'll most likely re-read this story from chapter 1 again. I've rambled enough, I look forward to the next few chapters left in this story. Till then.
K Squared Fave Stories chapter 41 . 4/17
I ALMOST FLIPPED MY SHIT. the letters were so freaking adorable
bookworm83197 chapter 41 . 4/16
THE LETTERS AT THE END I'M CRY

I HAVE NO MORE TO SAY RIGHT NOW I'M STILL TRYING TO PROCESS

(I MAY HAVE TO SQUEE MORE LATER ON AO3)
Guest 2 chapter 41 . 4/16
I love the chapter! I wondered what became of Tauriel after the battle of five armies and it was very satisfying to know that she kept on fighting until the end! The letters were a good idea to get the families used to the idea though I think some words were missing or something form Legolas'
letter, like "My hus I would have you meet my" or is it intentional because Legolas couldn't decide how to break the news? In that case, nice! I think he would be more nervous about this than Gimli (because Gimli is better with words) ;)
Thank you for updating!
YMR chapter 41 . 4/16
Oh Mahal! and oh my heart!
So much WIN!
Thank you!
y
iiii chapter 41 . 4/16
Wow! Amazing!
KKK3 chapter 41 . 4/16
I love this so much!
viridianaln9 chapter 41 . 4/16
Woo, I loved it, I cried and that is not cool, but I loved it. I cannot wait to read the reactions.
orionastro chapter 41 . 4/16
very good new chapter , lets see Sam and Frodo waking up .And the reconstruction of Gondor and Arnor . cant hardly wait for the next chapters
ToxicTenshi chapter 41 . 4/15
Omg imagine my glee when I saw this was updated! Eeeek! This is truly one of my most favorite stories so I am so thrilled. Yet another great, long, and fantastic chapter. Thank you. Those two are so freaking adorable and I love it! Great work again and I wait eagerly for the next chapter :D