Reviews for Sansûkh
The Cajun Phoenix chapter 36 . 5/12
Thorin Stonehelm definitely has his hands full keeping both Erebor and the Iron Hills safe as he is crowned King Under the Mountain. One of his first tasks includes finishing the fight against the Orcs and Easterlings outside Erebor and Dale. And Dale's Bard also has his hands full.

Dáin knows how to make an awesome entrance when he gathers his cousin Thorin in a bear-hug and then head-butts Thorin. Though his new mithril leg is also stronger than iron and even stronger than steel.

Bifur was definitely not prepared for Bombur to die rescuing Bofur and Bomfrís. Still, Bombur's emotional reunion with his and Bofur's cousin and parents and Ori is touching.

Nori, Fíli, and Kíli wish they could have slaughtered those Orcs tormenting Frodo after Sam teaches Shelob the real meaning of being stung by the Elven blade Sting. Sam kicks Orc ass and Nori wishes he had survived so he could teach Sam how to be more discreet when it comes to sneaking into places.

Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli definitely were not prepared to find the many Dúnedain who were captured and enslaved by the Umbari Corsairs after the Army of the Dead wiped out the Corsairs. Still, Elrond's sons Elladan and Elrohir are awesome when Arwen's banner is presented to Aragorn. And Elrond's sons dig Gigolas more than they know.

The seagulls have the worst timing of all after Legolas and Gimli kiss because with the gulls cawing so loudly, so too Legolas feels the first stirrings of the sea-longing. And Frerin and Dr. Óin just want to yell at Legolas and Gimli: "Get a room!" after they see Legolas and Gimli kiss.

Never try to dismiss a Hobbit who has pledged himself to your service. Gandalf and Pippin completely own Denethor when Gandalf says Denethor has no right to kill Faramir or hinder Aragorn's destiny and when Pippin gets Faramir off the pyre. And Haban and Narvi also think Denethor's untreated post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) was the final straw for him and for his and Finduilas's sons as well as the palantir.

The Witch-King of Angmar just broke the biggest cardinal rule of all-never talk trash about Bilbo in front of Thorin. On a side note, never bring up Sauron repossessing those three Dwarven Rings of Power either. The Witch-King wasn't expecting Thorin to put him in his place like that, though he deserves it for talking trash about Bilbo. And the way Thorin calls out the Witch-King just for carrying one of the Nazgûl's Nine Rings of power is totally bad-ass! Still, Thorin also doesn't know about the Khazâd-Narag who sided with Sauron (from the MERP Wiki page) after the War of the Last Alliance. And it's all Thorin and Frerin can do to keep from vomiting in reaction to the Black Breath.

Éowyn and Merry definitely avenge Théoden by slaying the Witch-King. Still, Frerin has cause to sob when Éowyn sustains severe injuries that could certainly end her battle career if not her life and in turn her grief and anguish are brought full bore by the first symptoms of the Black Breath. And Merry doesn't get away unscathed either since he stabbed the Witch-King in the leg and Éowyn stabbed the Witch-King in the face.

Thorin himself is close to tears when Théoden says an emotional good-bye to Éowyn and Merry before dying since he remembers how he himself died before he could really reconcile with Bilbo as he would have wanted to. And watching Denethor's suicide has traumatic memories for Thorin since he had burned so many Dwarven bodies after the Battle of Azanulbizar, including the bodies of Frerin, Thrór, Balin and Dwalin's parents Fundin and Dwerís, and Dáin's parents Náin and Daerís.

It may be the first time Thorin gets to hear Bilbo sing for him and it's great to see Bilbo set aside his emotional shell and help Thorin into bed.

Time for Stonehelm and Bard to get the brooms, dustpans, mops, buckets, and power-washers ready to clean up this mess Sauron made.
The Cajun Phoenix chapter 39 . 4/24
Bombur's family and Thira really get along wonderfully together. Barís's idea didn't work, so there's a back-up plan. And Thira nailed it-sometimes things don't always pan out as we'd hoped they would. And this is also how Barís makes the tentaitive first steps toward getting to know and perhaps eventually court Bani.

Narvi, Haban, and Frís all wish they could fuss over Faramir. And Narvi's hatred toward Sauron is understandable-after all, Sauron deceived the Elven smith Celebrimbor into creating those Rings of Power.

Dís, Dori, Thorin Stonehelm, Dwalin and Orla, and Selga and Bard are all really awesome when they shut down Dale's malcontents Krummett and Inorna for trying to disrupt matters when it comes to food distribution. Dwalin admits to the guard Jeri that he doesn't have Dáin's skill or patience for diplomacy. Even Thrór wanted to just cold-cock Krummett and be done with it since Krummett's nastiness toward Bard reminds Thrór of how his better judgment was affected when he felt overwhelmed by Erebor's massive gold hoard and he often asked himself as the haze of dragon-sickness was brought under control in Mahal's Halls, "Why in Durin's name weren't any of us made aware of what the Rings' side effects were really like before we put them on the first time?". And as for Inorna, that's where Balin and Dwalin's mom and Fundin's wife Dwerís comes in-she would have set Inorna straight as well.

Dáin really nails it when he calls Sauron "His Monocular Nibs" and says even he, Thorin, and Dwalin could have made a better-looking watchtower while the three of them were drunk than what Sauron corrupted. Not only is Sauron a Deceiver, he makes everything he touches ugly and corrupted.

And it's really adorable when Dáin addresses Frerin as his "big cousin".

Merry is recovering nicely, though he, Éowyn, and Faramir are in no condition to leave the Houses of Healing and Pippin knows it. It's really touching for Merry and Pippin to comfort Faramir as he mourns the loss of his and Boromir's father Denethor and considers himself lucky Pippin and Gandalf were there just in time.

Aragorn really just barely survives the showdown with Sauron and he realizes laying down his arms is not an option. The betrayal Gorlim inflicted on Aragorn's ancestor Barahir after Sauron killed Gorlim's wife Eilinel in the First Age is a road Aragorn definitely doesn't want to tread. Even Gimli sums it up-Sauron never forgave the Númenoreans, especially the Faithful Númenoreans, for helping the Elves nor did he forgive Durin IV and his future descendants for trying to clean up the mess left outside Khazad-dûm during Durin III's reign, so he's going to try to destroy Aragorn simply for being everything he can't be. As for the Longbeards, Sauron sicced the Orcs on them and the other Dwarven Clans out of spite.

Gimli and Legolas are still as awesome together as always, especially when Gimli gives Arod apples and carrots in a manner like when Bilbo spoils Myrtle the pony with apples.

Dáin and Thorin both hope Aragorn's crown as King of Gondor won't weigh as heavily on him as Erebor's had on them. Still, Dáin also never had to bear the burden of being a Ringbearer Thorin would have borne (and felt even worse from the withdrawal symptoms) had Sauron not repossessed the Durins' Ring of Power in Dol Guldur.

And speaking of Dol Guldur, Galadriel and Celeborn are getting ready to raze it to the ground.

Sam is really awesome when he helps the exhausted Frodo. And it's really awesome when Bilbo practices speaking Thorin's Dark-Name and even says Mahal created the rocks and stones. It doesn't stop Bilbo from being devastated over the damage The One Ring has done to Frodo. Nor does it stop Thorin from still feeling the post-traumatic stress effects of the dragon-sickness The One Ring had re-ignited since we will never know whether or not he might have tried to take The One Ring as compensation for the Arkenstone debacle while he was still in the throes of the dragon-sickness.

Here's to more awesomeness as life allows for.
ShivaVixen chapter 42 . 3/17
My reactions to this horrible news:
1st attempt to review- NNNOOOOO! Come Back!
my common sense- that's not gonna work think of something better and more polite.
2nd attempt- I will hunt down all anonymous reviewers and give her their hearts!
common sense- that's not what I meant, and it's not like you haven't left an unsigned review before, you're just as guilty SV
3rd attempt- Please come back, you can set it so you don't get anonymous reviews!
common sense- close, but this decision was obviously a long time coming, so...
4th attempt- whimpering and wailing
common sense- way to be an adult, you know better
5th attempt- I'll just get an AO3 account- uh, how do I get one? is it difficult?

That said, I am sorry to hear you're leaving, but you do have much cooler stuff on AO3, and I hope to seemore from you in the future, and I apologize if I (usually signed as SV under anonymous reviews, but sometimes I've neglected that) ended up contributing to your decision to leave. I don't think I've forgotten to be polite, but I've been known to be rude without due consideration of other's feelings ...
It's been a blessing having you on this site, and I will eventually get to AO#, a lot of my favorite author's have been heading over there, so this is just another reason for me to consider moving to AO3 myself. Love you!
ShadowPhoenix121 chapter 42 . 2/16
Noooo. It was a good story. You should never have gotten harassment from it nor should you have given up. However I did get confused with who was dead and who was not but other than that BRILLIANT STORY. And I love the fact about Gimli and Legolas. This should have been a Romance story as well. But it was very good and I love the dead Dwarfs and stuff. Please tell me what AO3 is? And will Thorin get Bilbo or not? I'm still a bit confused about that. I LOVE THIS STORY. IT IS VERY WELL DONE AND I LOVED READING IT. THANK YOU.
0ak3nsh13ldl0v3r chapter 19 . 2/11
in this chapter, you referred to narvi as he. later on in the story, narvi is revealed to be female.
little miss BANANNA HEAD chapter 1 . 1/27
I found this fic randomly and as soon as I saw the promp I was like "OMG YASSS MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!" And oh my gosh this fic is amazing. I love it! :D
Elafi Milo chapter 41 . 1/25
This. This. Holy cow. This is a coup, a coup of a high order. Over and over this story has blown me completely away, with its class A characterization, description, plot, concepts-all of it. I am stunned and grateful to have been able to experience this. Thank you so very much for creating it.
Visitor chapter 42 . 1/15
I am sorry to hear about the harassment. But I will find the fanfic on archive and support from there. Best wishes.
YMR chapter 42 . 1/16
I am sorry you've had harassers here.
I found you first on AO3 and will continue to love your story over there.
Please stay encouraged. You are incredibly gifted, this is a beautiful work.
Take care. I'll see you at AO3!
y
Guest 2 chapter 42 . 1/12
UWAA! I have a lot to catch up to then! No problem! And thank you for updating! :D
Thank you for letting us know, look forward to reading the rest on ao3!
The Cajun Phoenix chapter 42 . 1/12
Those harassers always ruin everything. I'm sorry this awesome story won't be finished here on FFN. The mithril lining is I am also on AO3 and I will definitely continue to read this awesome story on AO3.
FavFan chapter 42 . 1/12
It's terrible that you were forced to do this because people were harrasing you. I do love this story and will continue to read it on ao3.
RazNeirohDiLacrihm chapter 42 . 1/12
Don't worry Author-san! I love your fanfics! I'll follow you anywhere! Ehehehe... That sounds weird...
authorwannabe101 chapter 42 . 1/12
I'm sorry to hear about your harassment, and I'm honestly at a loss as to why anyone would do that to this story. It's one of my favorite Hobbit fics ever (and considering how many I've read, that's really saying a lot). I look forward to reading it on AO3, and wish you better luck with comments there.