Reviews for Pinch Hitter
Aceina chapter 5 . 9/8/2014
good chapter and dont be hard on your self your writing is great
Ki Ai Sky chapter 5 . 8/27/2014
I'm so happy to see that you have updated this incredibly creative and intriguing story! This is such a well thought out Sailor Moon/Ranma piece and I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.
I am very pleased with the pairings you have chosen, they're not what I would have expected, but I really do like them. And I like how the friendships between the Nerima guys has progressed from just a rivalry toward a true friendship. They know each other's strengths and can really understand what it's like to be in one another's shoes.
I guess it's going to be quite a bit of time before we find out exactly what Queen Serenity had planned for Ranma and Usagi. Also! So happy that the major cannon pairings weren't altered. Usagi and Mamoru as well as Ranma and Akane are very important pairings and I always get a little twinge of disappointment when Ranma and Usagi hook up.
Your wit is enjoyable and your writing is fantastic. Keep up the amazing work!
GeshronTyler chapter 5 . 8/23/2014
Wow, I rember this, it's been quite some time since I'd looked this story over. Thanks for the time and effort in updating this story. Some interesting things going on in the background, as well as in the distant pass. Hope to read more in the not too distsnt future.
Tibricel Tibby chapter 5 . 8/14/2014
I am so very happy you are still publishing this story and look forward to the next chapter. Don't be so hard on yourself, nothing major wrong. I think there might have been one or words that were out of place in a sentence but nothing to worry about to harshly.

I hope all is well and you are able to update soon as I really am enjoying this story it's fantastic. Hope for more soon..

-Tibby
ERay316 chapter 5 . 8/12/2014
Don't be so critical of your writing: I'm enjoying this story a lot, and would like to read more!
King Tarol chapter 5 . 8/8/2014
In this chapter, you say that you're not feeling confident? Well, you should feel a lot more confident, because you're good at this.
You took the characters of Ranma 1/2 and freed them from the sociopathic comedy that it became, and brought them forward into a new, realistic age. I could definitely see them all becoming the type of people that you characterized here, given the circumstances that you presented them with. There's isn't even excessive melodrama, though I think the scene with Ranma meeting Ryouga might be getting close.
Still, a strong chapter in a good story. I thought the pace was almost too fast throughout the story, but it still somehow seems to fit. It might have something to do with how densely packed your story is with personality and character development.
Keep up the good work, and don't psych yourself out of writing. Your skill is a rare thing in writing.
Laira Evans chapter 4 . 8/6/2014
Nm... my sense of humor was damaged by lack of sleep. I get it now.
Laira Evans chapter 5 . 8/6/2014
Should I know the reference in the last line of chapter 5?
Dumbledork chapter 5 . 8/6/2014
That was a lot of fun once again. Can't wait for more.
khammel chapter 5 . 8/6/2014
Researched ‘SailorJerry’. Looks like the premier American tattoo artist for decades. And also a brand that uses his name now. So Setsuna might have a hangover, or a really cool tattoo. Or both.
Good development of the Ranma-Sailor Senshi relationship. Not at all surprised at who got angriest first, but quickly evolved into Ranma’s advocate.
Glad Akane was brought into the main storyline at last. It will be interesting to see how Akane reacts to whatever revelations Ranma feels confident enough to share. You really have a good handle on their relationship here. They are both guarded and closed, but really love... and need... each other.
Aki’s reaction to her roomie’s familiarity with a (really cute) girl might be fun here too.
Great chapter in general, here’s hoping Ranma could work at a decent place someday. All ’she’ ever seems to work at are seedy dives in fanfiction.
Thanks for continuing this story, I hope your muse smiles on you in the future. You have a wonderful gift, here's hoping you never doubt it again.
Sora with an S chapter 5 . 8/5/2014
"Sailor Jerry?"
I sense much mocking in the future
Kriss1989 chapter 5 . 8/5/2014
"Curse you delicious, delicious alcohol. Still, I'm sure everything was fine without me."
*comes back to chaos*
"Oh come on, I can't even take a week off without this shit happening! I've been on duty for millennia guys, I deserve a vacation!"
anon chapter 5 . 8/5/2014
as always, great content, I hope to see more of akane, I hope i just dont have to wait another year to get the heartwarming scene that's probably on the way.
Compucles chapter 5 . 8/4/2014
Yay, finally a new chapter! This is my favorite actively running fuku fic and my second favorite actively running Ranma / Sailor Moon crossover after "The Dark Lords Ascendent."

Poor Ranma, not having a good week at all, especially since she's gotta be hurting for cash after losing her job and getting her wallet stolen (and presumably destroyed after Daikokuten died). Hopefully, Akane can help her feel better, as it's about time she played a decent role in the story. I wonder how she'll explain Ranma to Aki, though.

I like what you did with Ranma's ki/magic combo attack. I did something similar in my own version of a semi-farcical fuku fic (Ranma and Akane: The One True Couple - Chapter 4 - Sailor Wrecking Crew) by having Ranma combine "Moon Tiara Action" with "Moko Takabisha" to create "Moko Takabisha Revised: Tsuki Takabisha" (Domineering Moon). I invite you to check it out and tell me what you think.

Like you said, the setup is finally complete with most of the Senshi and Nerimian martial artists now on the same page. I look forward to how everyone works together now.

By the way, have you seen "Sailor Moon: Crystal?" It's a reboot of the animé that's doing its best to be more true to the manga (manga character designs, absence of filler, manga plot points, etc.). The third episode came out yesterday and introduced Sailor Mars. There was one weird part where Usagi seemed to develop an instant lesbian crush on Rei, and Tuxedo Mask has been even more useless so far than he usually is, but I'm quite enjoying it.
Jimbobob5536 chapter 5 . 8/3/2014