Reviews for Pinch Hitter
Laira Evans chapter 5 . 8/6/2014
Should I know the reference in the last line of chapter 5?
Dumbledork chapter 5 . 8/6/2014
That was a lot of fun once again. Can't wait for more.
khammel chapter 5 . 8/6/2014
Researched ‘SailorJerry’. Looks like the premier American tattoo artist for decades. And also a brand that uses his name now. So Setsuna might have a hangover, or a really cool tattoo. Or both.
Good development of the Ranma-Sailor Senshi relationship. Not at all surprised at who got angriest first, but quickly evolved into Ranma’s advocate.
Glad Akane was brought into the main storyline at last. It will be interesting to see how Akane reacts to whatever revelations Ranma feels confident enough to share. You really have a good handle on their relationship here. They are both guarded and closed, but really love... and need... each other.
Aki’s reaction to her roomie’s familiarity with a (really cute) girl might be fun here too.
Great chapter in general, here’s hoping Ranma could work at a decent place someday. All ’she’ ever seems to work at are seedy dives in fanfiction.
Thanks for continuing this story, I hope your muse smiles on you in the future. You have a wonderful gift, here's hoping you never doubt it again.
Sora with an S chapter 5 . 8/5/2014
"Sailor Jerry?"
I sense much mocking in the future
Kriss1989 chapter 5 . 8/5/2014
"Curse you delicious, delicious alcohol. Still, I'm sure everything was fine without me."
*comes back to chaos*
"Oh come on, I can't even take a week off without this shit happening! I've been on duty for millennia guys, I deserve a vacation!"
anon chapter 5 . 8/5/2014
as always, great content, I hope to see more of akane, I hope i just dont have to wait another year to get the heartwarming scene that's probably on the way.
Compucles chapter 5 . 8/4/2014
Yay, finally a new chapter! This is my favorite actively running fuku fic and my second favorite actively running Ranma / Sailor Moon crossover after "The Dark Lords Ascendent."

Poor Ranma, not having a good week at all, especially since she's gotta be hurting for cash after losing her job and getting her wallet stolen (and presumably destroyed after Daikokuten died). Hopefully, Akane can help her feel better, as it's about time she played a decent role in the story. I wonder how she'll explain Ranma to Aki, though.

I like what you did with Ranma's ki/magic combo attack. I did something similar in my own version of a semi-farcical fuku fic (Ranma and Akane: The One True Couple - Chapter 4 - Sailor Wrecking Crew) by having Ranma combine "Moon Tiara Action" with "Moko Takabisha" to create "Moko Takabisha Revised: Tsuki Takabisha" (Domineering Moon). I invite you to check it out and tell me what you think.

Like you said, the setup is finally complete with most of the Senshi and Nerimian martial artists now on the same page. I look forward to how everyone works together now.

By the way, have you seen "Sailor Moon: Crystal?" It's a reboot of the animé that's doing its best to be more true to the manga (manga character designs, absence of filler, manga plot points, etc.). The third episode came out yesterday and introduced Sailor Mars. There was one weird part where Usagi seemed to develop an instant lesbian crush on Rei, and Tuxedo Mask has been even more useless so far than he usually is, but I'm quite enjoying it.
Jimbobob5536 chapter 5 . 8/3/2014
Sailor Jerry? Hahahah.
Vld chapter 5 . 8/3/2014
You know what i love about stories? It's that when they're good, i start theorizing on the hows and whats. I already have three theories, all crazier than the other, just on why Ranma reacted like he did to Kamen. Two of which related to why he's the actual Sailor Moon (for which i have yet another theory).

Heck, i even managed to include Beryl in one of these theories,... and that just gave me another idea.

I won't bore you with the details (by lack of time), but before i go, i'll say this: You rock!
Wing Zero 032 chapter 5 . 8/3/2014
Well, this is such an interesting plot twist, If Ranma's reaction is any indication, it seems to be that she was backstabed and left to die by Endymon in her Silver Milenium past life.

Great job, i hope to see the next chapter soon!
FireInLife chapter 5 . 8/2/2014
No worries, I still absolutely love your work as always, and this chapter certainly didn't disappoint c: (and to my surprise, there were two chapters! Did I just miss chapter three or did you upload two? :O)

I noticed that Ranma called Konatsu with feminine pronouns. Does that hint at her being a trans woman, or is it simply a typo? Hoping for the former, even if she would only have a minor role in the story.

I didn't quite get what was happening with Setsuna. Was she tricked or just got really drunk? I googled "Sailor Jerry" and only got a tattoo artist that died in 1973. A reference I don't get or something? o.o

Speaking of Setsuna, where are the outers? Iirc, there haven't taken a part throughout the entire story so far. I assume you have something planned for them, but surely the inners would at least contact them (thus realizing they're not available or bringing them in to discuss the new threats).

I'm taking a wild guess here, but I assume there'll be some trouble with Aki later on. At least when it comes to the Ranma's relationship with Akane. Perhaps she likes Akane as more than a friend? I really hope it doesn't affect Ranma's relationship with Akane :c

Anyways, I've really enjoyed this chapter as well as the last. I certainly wasn't let down by this chapter, so don't worry. And I hope you've been enjoying Japan. I've looked at some of the pictures you posted, and they all look fantastic. Makes me want to go on a trip there someday.
Hishin Trueflame chapter 5 . 8/2/2014
Adored the chapter oh my god have i been waiting for this!
spicarus chapter 5 . 8/2/2014
"To the young people of this country I wish to say: if you practice an art, be proud of it, and make it proud of you; if you now hesitate on the threshold of your maturity, wondering what rewards you should seek, wondering perhaps is there are any rewards beyond the opportunity to feed and sleep and breed, turn to the art which has moved you most readily, take what part in it you can, as participant, spectator, secret practitioner, or hanger-on and waiter at the door. Make your living any way you can, but neglect no sacrifice at your chosen altar. It may break you heart, it may drive you half mad, it may betray you into unrealizable ambitions or blind you to mercantile opportunities with its wandering fires. But it will fill your heart before it breaks it; it will make you a person in your own right; it will open the temple doors to you and enable your to walk with those who have come nearest among men to what men may sometimes be."
Maxwell Anderson

Or put another way: don't give up the ship.

You've got a good "semi-farcical," your words not mine, story going here.
Shinkicker chapter 5 . 8/2/2014
Lol, awesome new chapter. Also, lols at the end, Setsuna was on a bender? It's been ages since I've read this again, who's Ranma the daughter of again? Serenity, and...?

Thanks for posting.
lordamnesia chapter 5 . 8/2/2014
I don't know why you think you need to second guess yourself on your writing, this chapter, and the story itself, is damn good! I can't wait to see how the memories fuck with Ranma more, so keep up teh good work!
129 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »