Reviews for Not just a Bookworm
god of all chapter 17 . 5/24
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon.
latina.raindrop.and.irish.hart chapter 17 . 5/16
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please update
old-crow chapter 2 . 4/13
Hi,
Regarding typos and the like, just go back and fix them and repost the chapter. It's pretty easy and you'll have a better story.

O-C
old-crow chapter 1 . 4/13
Hi,

It's never a good sign when there is a typo in the first sentence.

Just saying...

Old-Crow
The Ghostly Minion chapter 14 . 2/19
Ron most definitely has a great deal of work ahead of him to repair their friendships and should not expect cheap grace.

Just one more skeleton in Dumbledore's closet.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 13 . 2/19
Very good chapter. Not a Ron fan. You do have him operating as a better person than he was in canon, IMHO.

Not a Snape fan either. I feel he came off too easily in the end. Someone who actually loved Lily would have found a way to be kinder to Harry, his resemblance to James not withstanding.

I am betting that it is her possession by Voldemort that has Ginny all messed up. She has PSTD.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 12 . 2/19
I haven't been reading other's reviews, but don't let then get you down. Your plot is fine, some people have problems suspending disbelief.

I like what you're doing with Snape. This is just another facet of your premise, a Hermione taking the next step with Harry could only change thins for the better. Without Harry's new attitude (due mainly to Hermione's love for him), Snape doesn't find the courage to face his feeling about Harry and start helping him.

The scene with Fudge is predicable, although what he can do for her beyond this is hard to see, Maybe he send Percy!

The Ghostly Minion chapter 11 . 2/19
This is a good, clever chapter. I think that Umbitch got exactly what she deserves. Clearly, she is out as a professor, but I imagine she'll be back as the Inquisitor, although it will take some fancy stepping by Fudge.

Personally, I rather see her get back to the Ministry and make trouble from there, maybe get Dawlish to be the New DADA.

Remus of course, should get the job.

I like your version of Luna, not that she is that different from Luna in canon.

Ginny is walking a very fine line and I fear she will have to fall very hard and likely permanently.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 7 . 2/19
I think you've pointed out the problem in the entire 'if Harry is isolated, has no friends he will go off selflessly to his death at Voldemort's hands to save us all' idea.

Looked at rationally, if Harry really were that isolated, that friendless and unconnected, why on earth would he raise a finger one way or another? He wouldn't give a rip for anyone, much less an abstract like the world.

If you want someone to fight, they have to something to fight for. In canon, Harry has friends, has people for whom he cares, has people who have died supporting him and that is why he can go into the forest and to Voldemort. Here of course, it will be his love for Hermione, along with his connections to other people like Ron, the twins, the people in the DA, Luna, etc.

That is the problem with the Dumbledore in this chapter. I know you say you are not bashing him, but you do have him here not seeing the possibilities that the second connection between Harry and Voldemort have through their blood affords, as he does in canon.

Certainly, 'crazy Ginny' is going to have to be contained and Molly suppressed too.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 9 . 1/21
I like this chapter. Your Luna really is not far from canon at all. She is a different sort of person, thinks through different pathways than others, I think it only masks that she is very sharp and perceptive.

I noticed that you haven't mentioned who the Gryffindor Prefects are yet. My money is on Neville and Pavarti.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 8 . 1/21
I like this chapter. I find no problem with your take on H&H's power levels. In canon, Harry never wins a dual against an adult wizard. Voldemort does not count; he enables Harry by activating the prophecy. That is the only way Harry could have survived V since on a strict power basis, Harry never came close. I'm sure though that other reviewers will forget that H&H defeated Lucius as a team.

Other might find Ron OOC here. I don't. I view Ron as being 2-3 years less emotionally mature for his age and H&H 2-3 years more emotionally mature for their age. In this instance, Ron is a mensch, but he never was that consistently enough in canon for Hermione to have ever fallen in love with him, IMHO. For both Hermione and Ron to return their badges is poetic justice.

It was time for Moony to be let in on things. He will be a valuable ally.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 2 . 1/20
Hit the post button on my IPad by accident. So, first the only criticism I have of the first chapter is that Harry should have had his wand with him. Reading into the second chapter shows that you were setting up a point, but still I thought it was gratuitous and illogical.

Now, I like the fight with the Malfoys. H&H show that they are a team and worked well.

Reactions on their return were fully in character. I like that you gave Sirius, Harry and Hermione scope to talk. I think that the bit about spare wands being around in #12 is a fun point. They should make sure sure they have at least two spares that work for them.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 1/20
It's funny to read over the reviews for CH 1 and see how many 'critics' don't have the stones to identify themselves and stand behind their words. They, you don't have to waste your time on.

For me, this is very plausible, very much in tune with canon. JKR could easily have gone in this direction and would have done no violence to her characters.

I never found Harry in OotP anything but true to life. If anything, he readjusted a bit to easily, considering his life up to that point. His hurting Hermione is not something he would ever do when rational. But he had years of anger and grievance and it all came out. He WANTED to hurt someone, as he had been hurt, the let all that out, lance the boil and it had to happen, so he could heal. He would never have deliberately done that to her, He truly wan't in his right mind.

Hermione is the same caring, passionate, driven young woman she is in canon. Her losing patience with Harry can be seen as her attempt to get through to him. It was her misfortune take that outburst. Dumbledore should have been the target, but wan't there.

Ron is not OOC here. He showed this potential in canon; just not enough, and he never was mature enough for long enough to really been anything more than a second banana for H&H. He showed him at his best in this chapter.

Harry's feelings for Hermione and her's for him is, I think, fully in line with canon through this point. Personally, I thought they would end up a couple until JKR changed things in HBP and took things in an unnatural direction, IMHO. (Don't wave the Yule Ball in my face; Harry's reaction was as much, if not stronger that Ron's).

The single thing
Son of Zeus0001 chapter 3 . 1/15
love the ending. I don't know why, but I'm a huge fan of any Weasley bashing... except the twins, Arthur, Carlie... and possibly Bill. They're awesome.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/28/2014
Ran not run. It should of been newspaper article anot not essay.