Reviews for A Portrait of the Artist as an Aging Diane
frenchmarionette chapter 6 . 3/25
I am so late to this party but, Jesus, this is easily the best thing I've ever read in any fandom EVER. My sides hurt. I'm going to read it every time I need a pick me up. And a free ab workout because, damn!
catdoghorselover123 chapter 7 . 8/28/2016
i'm sorry to this writer.

Hey Elizabeth. you are wrong about nobody posted since 2013. there is 74 chapters posted in 2014. There is only 77 chapters in 2013. People have written since 2013.

I hate when people don't have all facts or got them wrong.
Elizabeth Austin chapter 7 . 4/13/2016
OK, I have finished reading all 7 chapters, and in spite of it being one of the most hilarious, side-splitting, gut-busting afternoons I've ever experienced, I have to tell you that if you don't have Sam and Diane return to the charming, irresistible people we love so much and have them get married, I won't be responsible for my actions.
It has been 3 years since you wrote this. It has also been about that long since other authors have written any Sam and Diane stories. Could you do an update and tell me why. Will anyone return except Kensiblonde, who has returned? Are you all writing somewhere else?
Elizabeth Austin chapter 5 . 4/13/2016
OMG, I have not laughed so hard at the written word since I was reading James Thurber's stories in the 1970s! Until now, I had avoided reading any Sam and Diane stories that took place after Season 5 (because, to survive, I've had to pretend that the wedding ceremony continued, they were married, and lived happily ever after). I don't know how I finally got the courage to read this-I guess because I had read all the fanfiction that took place from Seasons 1 through 5 (I only discovered fanfiction a few weeks ago), and I just had to have more.
Anyway, you are obviously brilliant and this is truly the most hilarious thing I have read in decades (and I have read David Sedaris!). I now look forward to reading the rest of the chapters, and will review again at the end.
Rush Limborg chapter 7 . 6/29/2013
My WORD, this story is INSANE! It's weird, it's wild, it's whacked-out, everyone's SO out of character (Summer talking like a complete slob?)-but in a "this is their most eccentric parts exaggerated all to heck!" way. (Still, Diane is acting very much like latter-season Rebecca, wouldn't you say?-as Diane herself would say, "The emotional equivalent of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride". And...she didn't NOTICE that her play was a spoof on Cheers? And Sumner missed it, too?)

It's insane...but I can't stay away from this. Please keep on writing-and perhaps, after this one's done, we can look forward to a more "straightforward" interpretation of the aftermath of Diane's Frasier episode...? Here's hoping!

BTW...Sally Bong, eh? Poor girl-how many jokes have people made about her last name during her career, I wonder-stage names are your FRIEND, Sally! LOL... ;-)
JulietxJames chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
I can't wait to read the next chapter! Hurry please!
audries chapter 5 . 6/25/2013
MURDERED THE SOULS OF AN ENTIRE TV AUDIENCE.
I promise I won't review for every chapter I read, but that line...oh my god. Perfection.
audries chapter 4 . 6/25/2013
Are you trying to kill me? Or get me fired? I have choked on three different drinks whilst reading this fic and I'm sure there will be more in the future. Maybe I shouldn't read this at work. Or near beverages.

The interaction with Paul absolutely slayed me.
MagnetAndSteel chapter 5 . 6/25/2013
Fantastic. All of it. How you could possibly have any doubts about this story, I don't know. It is a true work of art and YOU ARE AN ARTIST. Stay gold, ponyboy.
MagnetAndSteel chapter 2 . 6/25/2013
"Is it me, Frasier? Am I MAKING them get fat?"

It's been 15 minutes and I still can't make it past this line. Laughing too hard. Crying. Oh, it hurts.
JulietxJames chapter 4 . 6/25/2013
How in earth do you come up with this!? It's so awesome!
Jessica Simpson-Bourget chapter 3 . 6/24/2013
How fun is this?! And yes, caricatures though these may be, there is a deep truth in each of them. I had to laugh at the Troop West Hollywood references- errrrrrrybody digs Sally Bong. If you're not crushing on her in that movie, you might want to check your humanity. Looking forward to more soon!
JulietxJames chapter 2 . 6/24/2013
OMG! I totally laughed my ass off! Please continue! Next time I'll make sure to have some popcorn by my side 'cause this is really entertaining me!
audries chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
So I was reading this at work and I had to stop because I snorted Gatorade out of my nose. This is freaking hilarious, the Sally Bong thing is brilliant.