Reviews for Walking Too Close to the Fire
Guest chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
Its absolutely amazing! Well written, interesting, passionate. ITS A MASTERPIECE
PMLK chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
I loved the story! One of my favourites! I wish there were more Dallison stories :(
ScarletSnake chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
This is by far the best Dallison fic I've read. It's awesome, shame there aren't more Dallison stories...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Excellent. Perfect angst, great build up, romantic conclusion. Loved it.
allisonarrgent chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
Oh my god I’m so in love with you and with this fic in its entirety that I barely know where to start. I adored everything about it – your characterization of Allison as a complete badass who defied her father at the beginning to help with figuring out what the hell was going on with the alphas and the sacrifices (it’s typical Allison, really, but you portrayed her so well and I’m extremely jealous of that!), your characterization of Derek as trying to keep it all together with so many forces going against him, their relationship and the way it developed, not to mention their awesome and believable dynamics with everyone else in the pack (especially all the references to Scott and Isaac both having a thing for Allison – those were beyond brilliant).

The dialogues, descriptions, and inner struggles of Derek all felt extremely real and in–character, and I liked the way the story transitioned based on his changing emotions and unexpected desire for Allison, because it seemed like something that could happen on the show if the writers were willing to turn on any corner other than Scott/Allison. My favorite parts, of course, were Derek’s evolving thoughts on Allison and how he almost always managed to relate a thought about her back to a thought about Kate and then promptly hated himself for doing so (when he called her Kate I’m pretty sure my heart stopped beating for a split second). I thought the climax with Deucalion was well–written, as was the ending (it was great to see how things came full circle with Derek first coming in through Allison’s bedroom window and then coming in through the front door of her house at the end).

Favorite lines:

“Somehow, Derek doubts that assuring the man that he never wanted Allison to be involved in the first place is going to placate Chris when he's coming after him with a gun loaded with wolfsbane bullets.”

“She doesn't flinch away when Peter makes a grand entrance to deliver some utterly non-constructive snarky one-liner, despite the fact that she once watched him slash her aunt's throat right in front of her.”

“Derek bites back a sharp comeback (What are you going to do? Burn down my home with my family inside of it? Oh no, wait, that was your sister) and nods tightly.”

“But this is the girl who kept sneaking her werewolf boyfriend into her room even after she found out about her family being hunters, who broke into a bank all alone just to prove her point to him, who decided to bait a couple of feral werewolves with her blood. Who came back time and time again after he all but told her she wasn't welcome. Of course Allison doesn't listen, she never listens; she keeps pushing and pushing until something's got to give.”

“Stiles laughs nervously. ‘You're not going to start killing each other over pizza, right? Come on, guys, you made so much progress lately, with the lack of accusing of each other for the deaths of assorted family members and keeping the yelling to a minimum. It would be a shame to bring out the claws and the crossbow over some bacon and mushrooms.’”

“Even if Deucalion were to keep his word and spare Allison (and Derek doesn't for a moment believe that he would), she's going to kill Derek for killing Scott. If he refuses and Allison dies, it'll be a race between Scott and Chris Argent which of them will get to kill Derek first, and he's not even going to want to defend himself. He loses everything, whatever he does.”

“Right in this moment, he doesn't understand how he ever thought she looked anything like Kate at all.”

This was absolutely gorgeous! Please don’t ever stop writing. xx
Ismira Daugene chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
Love it! For a short story, there's a lot at risk here. And I think you wrapped it all up very nicely. Great job!
Rashaka chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Loved this on AO3, love it here. I got such a bend for this pairing and yet it's hardly being written. But it's my favorite, and this fic is one of the best! Please keep writing.
icelong296 chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Fantastic and brilliant story, as always. Love it heartily!
Just one question, how did Derek settle with Scott after all the life-threatening-danger and madness? Was there some confrontation or even a fight? And the poor teacher, was she really innocent as she appeared to be? And, by killing Deucalion, did Derek have his demon-wolf power? If he did, will he turn evil? Will there be a serial following this one?
The Dead Masquerade chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
This is by far the BEST Allison/Derek fic I've read. You have captured both of them so perfectly and it's so wonderfully written!
hfhj chapter 1 . 6/24/2013