Reviews for Afghanistan
Autumnights chapter 10 . 11/17/2013
Ohh cliff hangers! I am in love with this character development. On a random note, I was playing a trivia game last night, and I didn't know who Gorbachev was. Who knew fanfiction could be so informative?
weemcg33 chapter 10 . 11/17/2013
I'm not ashamed to admit, but I did a happy dance when I'd noticed you'd updated! Woohoo!
And what a chapter, you take us through so many emotions, sadness, pain at Phil retelling his story and laughter when Clint remarks about Phil quoting 'Titanic' loved that line.
But the ending had me gripping the edge of my seat, wondering how the hell Clint managed to get that guy off Phil and now the panic is settling in over having to wait to find out what happens next.
Awesome! Update soon...please :)
penguincrazy chapter 10 . 11/17/2013
glad for the update, loved this chapter. Phil's story was so sad but hopefully it will help him and Clint connect. Really don't like the cliffhanger ending, i need to know what happens next
kimbee chapter 10 . 11/17/2013
I got so genuinely excited for this chapter! :D so so so excited.
And yes. I'm about to whine about the cliffhanger.
NOOOOOOOOO CLIFFIE! D:
Ok. Now that that's over an done with:
Really cool action scenes, and I love your version of Phil- so smart, cunning, dedicated and doing whatever it takes.
It's brilliant.
Dsgdiva chapter 10 . 11/17/2013
Yay! So excited to see an update! And then you leave us with a cliffie!

Can't wait for more!
tpt player 5701 chapter 10 . 11/17/2013
You really like cliffhangers... and nearly killing them... don't you?

Can't wait to hear more of Phil's story... assuming he doesn't die before getting a chance to tell it!

Also, I liked the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. reference, "Trust the system."
Alpha Flyer chapter 10 . 11/17/2013
Poor baby Clint, not wanting to be a burden. Mean, bullying Phil, not wanting to lose another one. Do you think that they'll figure out eventually that this is the beginnings of a great symbiosis?

PS: Never tell your readers your cliffies will work out. Leave 'em dangling, I say ... (even if they kinda already know). Authorial cruelty is an art! ;-)
Aurora Abbot chapter 10 . 11/17/2013
Wow! this was an exciting one! can't wait for the next!
dasserk chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
YOU SHOT COULSON? I don't care if everything "eventually" works out, I'm screaming anyway. COULSON! NOOO!
ahem.
Fantastic chapter, I love your take on these characters. It's amazing that this is all from your head :P It just makes me love everything about Clint AND Coulson that much more. They're so human, and yet you can see how far they've been pushed.
thababes chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
I was yelling happily that this was updated and now im yelling in anguish over the end. WWHHYY, poor everyone. Really loving me some coulson this chapter.
silvershadowrebel chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
Very exciting chapter. I like your characterization of Coulson. I also have no energy to write a full length review becausr I've been babysitting for the past 4 hours.
Kiiimberly chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
Oh my gosh. How could you?!

Phil's backstory was insightful. Please update soon!
VioletBrock chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
Oh. My. Lord. That was...was...AWESOME. Gimme a sec to compose myself...!

The POVs, the intense descriptive language, the setting - all contributed to an amazing continuation of your story.

Phil's story of his lost team - just wow and perfect. So sad. The first glimpse I've ever read of Phil's backstory from a FF author. I like how you had Phil use this to keep Clint going. Annnnd...it just makes me love Phil more!

The last part as they were getting to the site was amazing. Your excellent description of what condition Clint was in, his thoughts and actions; superb visualization! And the very last part, when Clint somehow rips the guy off Phil; holy crap! That was freaking awesome!

Thank you for another chapter; I am totally greedy for more. Love your creativity and skills, as always!

Vi
GreenLoki chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
I should attack you for taking so freaking long. I don’t know how many times I have to tell you to quit that freaking job that you have. This story is obviously more important that bills and utilities and payments and food and whatever else! Priorities, woman – you really need to get those straightened out, because this waiting … this cannot happen again. But in all seriousness, I made this weird sound between a gasp and a squeal when I saw this update in my mail. It couldn’t have come at a better time, because I’m not feeling well and this is just brilliant.
The first chapter was so power and so emotional. I love the way that you’re writing these characters. Coulson is intense and so real. I’m really glad that we were able to see what happened to Coulson and the team that he lost. I love that you’re incorporating actual events that happened in history. That is just so freaking cool. I don’t know if I’m just being dumb and just not noticing that you and Aggie2011 have always done this … like, I don’t know if the original-characters are actual people or not … I’m being dumb. Blame the sickness – pretend that I’m actually being intelligent right now. But yeah, I love Coulson even more now for telling Clint all of this, because he needs to hear it. And he needs to stop fighting it, because Coulson is not going to leave him alone and he’s certainly not going to leave him behind. He’s brilliant at getting under Clint’s skin and making him angry. And with the way that Clint is going right now, he needs that anger to keep him moving. Coulson is brilliant motivation. (I say the world brilliant a lot …)
You see, this is why we can’t have nice things. You pull a stunt like that and leave this massive freaking cliff-hanger and that’s just not cool at all. I hate you for doing this to me! So do what’s wrong and quit your job and get your freaking butt working on the next chapter or so help me, I will find out where you work and get you fired myself! I must know what happens next! I mean … ugh! These two just have the worst luck of all. They can’t do anything without somehow causing so much trouble. Nothing goes easily with these two, that’s for sure. But the chapter was brilliant and I’m so happy that you were able to update. I’m very excited to get more of it. Brilliant job!
shila1378 chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
OMG!Waited for the update and you give us another epic cliff hangar. i think i need to go and check my blood pressure...thanks to you.
445 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »