Reviews for Afghanistan
silvershadowrebel chapter 11 . 7/14/2014
OH MY GOD this was totally worth the wait. I can't wait for the next chapter!
GreenLoki chapter 11 . 7/10/2014
So I think I've been keeping you waiting long enough for a review and, for that, I do apologise. Last night was not a good day to be behind the laptop - headache and all. But I'm reading the chapter now and it's just out of this world amazing. I'm definitely going to have to re-read this entire thing, though. One, because I love it, and two, because it has just been too long! But it's amazing and I love how you're writing the characters. It's written so well and the plot is well-developed and laid-out, thought-out. It's brilliant.
I really enjoyed the first part. I loved it, because of Clint's re-action to what he saw happen to Coulson. I'm assuming that Coulson was wearing a bullet-proof vest, because I highly doubt the man would be walking around if he didn't have one after getting shot twice in the chest. He went down and Clint just immediately lost his mind, adrenaline surging inside of him, causing him to actually do something. He's been fighting really hard, but he's been injured for so long and those injuries are definitely starting to take their toll on him. He's weakened and he's tired and their road is just so long. But after Coulson gets shots and Clint things he's dead, he doesn't care any more. He accepts death, knows it's inevitable for him, and makes sure he takes the guy who killed Coulson down with them. And even after that's done, even as he's waiting for death, even that can't happen, because he can still hear Coulson telling him to get up and keep fighting, to not give in. Ah, I love it!
Everything after that was just brilliant! Coulson taking care of Clint was just awesome, despite his concussion and his downward progress in health, as well. It was just so well-written and I was so enraptured by what was happening, I was upset by the time I got to the end of the chapter. Um, you better start working on the next chapter and have this thing up as soon as possible, because I just demand it! Ah, it was just brilliant! Both were so worried about each other, but were so limited by what they could actually do for each other while being in the middle of the desert with so little supplies. And then Coulson only hearing snippets of what needed to be done, what damage on Clint's end there was, how badly it was, where they needed to go and how quickly. It was just amazing and so very intense, so brilliant job there.
The last part of this chapter was really hilarious, I thought. Your Fury is so funny, especially when he was trying to wake Phil up, the stubborn fool. But it was great, and his interactions with the nurse were even more so. Ha! That was just brilliant, that entire scene with that woman. I loved it, though. And the way in which you shifted from humour to seriousness and back was really great, too. It was done wonderfully, not jerkily or out of sequence or anything, so that's really great, as well. I wonder what's in that folder, though, the one that Fury gave Coulson to look at at the very end ... I'm definitely curious ...
I guess I'll find out later in the next chapter. Which I hope you're writing soon! Because I must read it! :D Great job! I loved this story!
featheredschist chapter 11 . 7/10/2014
First, welcome back! Life has a way of being a b**** that keeps us from our fun! and that sucks. We make do, I guess.

Had to go back and reread the whole thing, and wow. Roller coaster. Will they make it? Will Phil go back for Clint? Ay yi yi!

Well, definitely can't wait for the finale. Crossing my fingers it doesn't take the rest of the year though.
Catzrule chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
Oh. My. God. This is literally one of the best fanfictions I have ever read, and I am really picky about the fanfictions I read.
This has amazing dialogue- I particularly like the interactions between Fury and Coulson!
I also really like how you tie this in with real life. You mentioned that you tried to do that in the first chapter, and let me tell you that you have done a great job. Keep up the amazing work and please update soon :)
Rose chapter 11 . 7/7/2014
Oooooh... Now I REALLY want to know what Phil's reading!
GremlinX chapter 11 . 7/9/2014
So happy that you are back to updating this story. Literally every time I go onto the site I always check this story to see if you had posted a new chapter. As always, wonderful writing and I can't wait to see where you take this story. It's a refreshing take on the whole origins of Phil and Clint. Love it!
Melissa chapter 11 . 7/7/2014
Firstly, welcome back. been checking alot for updates lol. The chapter had me at the edge of my seat right to the end. With all the tension and macho bravery that men can have. it was the little emotions and trust which nearly brought me to tears. Can't wait for the next chapter. :-)
Dasserk chapter 11 . 7/7/2014
Yes! I'm so happy you've posted another chapter. Great job, as always. Neither Coulson nor Clint get to do much in the movies, but you've proven that they're both as complicated and virtuous in their own right as any other superhero - so I'm glad that this story is about the two of them in Clint's journey.
I'm curious about that blond nurse. Was that just a coincidentally sassy woman, or is there more to it?
Rose chapter 11 . 7/6/2014
Great job! Glad you're back! :)
JRBarton chapter 11 . 7/7/2014
It is sooooo great to see you back Kylen, you had me chew my nails up to my elbows with anticipation but as always you delivers the goods. Emotions run free here and you just run with them. You just can't help it, you share pain and tension along with both Clint and Phil, and relieve when finally the cavalry arrives and take them to safety. But then of course you, wonderful wicked woman you, had to go and put another cliffhanger and I just couldn't love you more right now. Dialogs are what gets me the most, words fly effortlessly and it's one of your many amazing gifts. You ARE great!
Facade15 chapter 11 . 7/7/2014
Yay so happy you updated, can't wait for the next chapter!
galimeril chapter 11 . 7/7/2014
Oooh! You're back! I honestly thought this one had given up the ghost! I'm so glad you continued 3

I loved the emotional play between Fury and Coulson - it was *very* well-written. Kudos! I look forward to hearing about the contents of that file!

Hope you're enjoying your summer!
galimeril ;D
Kiiimberly chapter 11 . 7/7/2014
Thanks for the update! Sounds like they're pretty injured. Looking forward to the next one.
DBhawkguy30 chapter 11 . 7/7/2014
This story is Epic! You capture all the characters so well, I laughed at all the Fury bits. That guy is awesome. Can't wait to find out what has Nick and Phil so excited about in Clint's file. And can't wait for more of your amazing stories that are listed on your profile. Thanks!
FourHorses chapter 11 . 7/7/2014
I am SO happy you're back:) I love the direction you have taken this story, it different from anything else I have read so cliff hanger at the end is great; I'm imagining so many different things that could be in that file. Can't wait for the next chapter.
397 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »