Reviews for Shadows of Doubt: A Tribute to Simba
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
Great job! I think incorporating "Unwell" by Matchbox 20 with this was a good idea! :)
mimoo01 chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Wow such a wonderful story. It was excellent to have read a story that involved how the Simba began his reign. Beautiful work.
KovuandKiara chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Wow...THAT WAS AMAZING!
Emerald dreamer96 chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
That was absolutely fantastic.

I love how long it took to rebuild the Pridelands and how Simba didn't suddenly become an amazing King, it really felt frustrating watching him fail again and again despite doing his best eventually succeeding through refusing to accept defeat.

Great one shot!
yeti1995 chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Excellent one-shot! I loved this, because you didn't miss a single emotion... This one-shot has everything! You mentioned that Simba in fact did miss his uncle, and I agree! The movie completely ignored their relationship, and quite a few authors do too... So great work! And again, great work with the song! Every line fit in like a key in its lock!

That moment between Simba and Sarabi was beautiful; it really made my heart warm :) -wide-smile- XD . I really like that you made Simba think of himself as someone no better than Scar! Now that I think about it, it seems a perfectly natural reaction to such a situation.. Very insightful writing! :)

It's horrible that Simba had to listen to his own lionesses undermining his effort.. :( We all know that Simba always tries desperately to live up to his father's expectations, so it must have been really hard for him to listen to that..

Yes, the future is always worth fighting for! :) That's another line that made me smile! I absolutely loved the ending! XD Great work! Keep going; I love your one-shots! :)
Chu10 chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Wow, that was - breathtaking. Literally. Really, In the first part, when you mentioned the song by Matchbox 20, the familiar guitar chords immediately started playing in my head. But when that first segment came the tune immediately stopped and my breath slowed down so much...it was so sad to see Simba like that. His guilt feels so heavily laid on him. I felt so sorry for him, as much as I did in the TLK musical when he sings Endless Night- he must feel so upset, so guilty, and so alone in his sorrow. It made my heart ache.

But you surprised me by immediately jumping into the emotions after his roar over the Pride Lands - and gave us all a great insight into what happened between the majestic roar and the presentation of his cub.

Thing is, you made me feel as if I was Simba myself! Still missing his father, still suffereing from guilt, still wanting to live up to Mufasa's name and having to make up for Scar's mistakes - it is all a very stressful time for a lion that has not even learnt much about being a King. I would feel as upset as him if I heard the lionesses talking and watched the lionesses leaving for another Pride. It doesn't take one roar for everything to recover, I guess - what the Pride Lands need is a good King to guide them through. When Nala said that Simba brought 'Hope' I absolutely agreed with her.

And when Simba asked Nala to marry him, my heart leapt with the same joy that it dud when I watched him roar.

I cannot say that this has not been written before, but it was definitely very fresh and I enjoyed every moment of it. The emotions are genuine (something that I know you are extremely good at), the story is smooth flowing, and the happy ending perfectly capped off a sad start. It's very well-written. Thank you for sharing this with us - I love it!

Favourited!
snheetah chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
This was a beautiful piece of artwork. In the movie, yeah, it showed Simba roaring on Pride Rock and the rain and suddenly the lush Pride Lands but there was no conflict or emotions in between. You, my friend, did that in this beautiful work. I like the challenges that Simba faced as he tried to get back on his paws and rule as the new king. I can see why some of the kingdoms had a hard time negotiating with him, thanks to Scar. But slowly things got better and he finally married Nala and had a cub! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
fpastrello chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
that's pretty good, if i didn't like your Heart of a Lioness series so damn much, i would suggest that you made this one shot a true story.
Simbaanaya chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
captured simba very has always been my favorite character out of all the disney you mind cheacking out my new story and reviewing?i'm new at this.