Reviews for From Reaver with Love
Rebeldynasty chapter 1 . 1/6
A friend recommended your work to me-and I really, thoroughly enjoyed this. Excellent flow, and perfectly in-character (from what I know of Reaver, considering I've never had the pleasure of playing the games-tutorials do wonders).

Because of this, I'll also have to look into the Reaver short story; something tells me I'll take a shining to it.

I also really like how you don't portray him as a villain, outright; so few people see the layers of a character, choosing only to see one or two sides, and ignoring the rest; I believe he is far more complex than so many others make him out to be. So really, excellent work, there. :)
MerkinViolet chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Beautiful prose, dear author.

I am delighted.

It is not so easy to stay in character as you create from their POV, and you nailed it. I hope all your fantasies come true, and that you write for years to come.

Cheers.
Xerxas chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
Loved it, the characterisation hit the nail on the head! :) Really good read and very funny!
Auriel chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
One word: PERFECTION. It feels exactly like Reaver wrote this and it's really good advice on how to write him. EVERYONE who wants to write about Reaver should read this first.
Danny Potter8 chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
i really enjoyed this one-shot. I could hear Reaver saying all this. I think is very interesting to deepen in this particular character, because i find him so difficult to describe or write about him, so...congratulations! i really liked it
AlexaStormborn chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Wow Marina, I just loved this piece!
It was excellent, right to the truth of the core and still quite funny. I can actually imagine Reaver's voice while reading this. You definitely captured his attitude right on.
I dare say I agree with the whole "progressive man" part. I think what many people miss when they play the game is to realize that he is an industrialist. And what they then forget, is that an industrialist isn't the same as a capitalist.
Industrialists, work to improve their businesses into stability, protection from risks, and maximum profits. Humanity.. well.. humanity is the opposite of that.. it goes against all the things that are needed. So if he decides to shoot a worker for not working hard enough, it's entirely in his nature of being a TRUE industrialist.. it doesn't make him a "bad" man... :P
WhatifStoryTeller chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
This was so in character, I could actually read it in his voice! This was so good!
DC Dark Angelz chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
simply reaver!
You got his personality spot on!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
So very Reaver;D Keep writing
TheHatterette chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Brilliant.
deathofaraven chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Hehe. Oh, this was wonderful. I giggled the whole way through (my sincerest apologies, Reaver!). It was great to see such an...expansive view on a "progressive man". ;)

Nice work to you both!
-Rae.
breakingelle chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Oh my, this is absolutly brilliant. I have to say, this made my night. Reaver himself couldn't put it any better! Fantastic job! (:
angelacm chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
I believe you know Reaver better than he knows himself. This letter was so fun and funny to read. I could hear his voice as I read through each line. I have to agree with the man on many points, and who could argue with him? He has far too many years up on us and has based his knowledge on a great deal of life experience. I think he speaks for every author here that puts hard work and effort into their writing and gets "ravished and run out on". Too many people nom up the delicious words and couldn't be bothered to leave one line of feedback. Well said!
Kami2015 chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Dear Reaver,
Bloody fine show breaking the fourth wall like that. I must say that your choice of author must be exquisite to she captured your rather unique style if speech.
Once again you show all the humor and wit that we've come to love from the character. Perfect mastery of voice I must say.
And for once on this dreadful peasant site you have written through an author with no visible spelling or grammar errors, how wonderfully unexpected.
Jolly good read,