Reviews for Maybe If I Fall Asleep I Won't Breathe Right
aquietdawn chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
this is so, so amazing. i had to take about 10 minutes to even start this review to catch my thoughts. reading isaac in this state is really heartbreaking but you wrote him so so so well. i can actually imagine all of these and it's so realistic i'm just in awe. your sentences are like artworks the way they are crafted and i'm kinda teary eyed about this. the bits about isaac thinking about his dad and how badly that fucker affected him had me so sad and the way you describe allison is everything i had in mind about her that i couldn't put to words. thank you for this amazing fic, holy damn
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
I l love the nonlinear setup and how this progresses through the seasons. Also SAI have awesome chemistry and I am l loving their interactions.
CitrusyGoddess chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
lydiamaartin chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
ohhh my god hope how do i even BEGIN to explain my love for this fic? like first of all as amazing as the show is (and has been lately, especially in regards to giving us brilliant character development and ship dynamics between these three) your writing is literally beyond perfect to the point where i don't even have words i'm just completely and utterly in love with every single word you write. but of course there's no point in reviewing if you don't have words so i'm gonna try my best to explain how lovely this fic is! ((also i apologize for how slow i am in reviewing but i promise i will always review eventually!))

okay so firstly ISAAC. isaac isaac isaac god you remember how much i loved jason right (when he was like...actually a character...on the show...but who cares about jason hahaha right aria i'm not bitter)? well within the first five episodes of this season isaac has already reached and might even surpass jason (ok that might be due entirely to teen wolf's fabulous writing though) my point is he's basically one of my most favorite television characters ever, definitely in the top 5, AND YOU JUST WROTE HIM SO WELL I'M JUST SITTING HERE IN AWE like the way you wrote in his issues w/ being an abuse survivor kind of around the edges of his characterization? i'm not sure if that makes sense but that's the best way i can describe how beautifully you wrote him, without forgetting the trauma of his past, but also not making him some sniveling little baby (not the same fandom, but i have read waaaaay too many horrifically-written dursleys-abuse-harry fics) because he's broken, but he's still strong, just like the rest of them, and i really liked how you paralleled him to allison too, because not a lot of people talk about it (and certainly most of the characters aren't fully aware of it, including allison to a degree) but she was emotionally abused too and she's a survivor, even though her abuse was vastly different from his, but yes i just loved how they seemed to be kind of kindred spirits? "Because you understand" YES PLEASE okay like everything about your isaac and his relationships with the others and his outlook on the world were just so gorgeous and well-formed and well-written

and then of course ALLISON and SCOTT like wow i don't even wanna discuss HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM like i know you adore allison and it really really shows because you got her down so incredibly well? the apology to isaac and also his thoughts on her during sophomore year how he thought she looked like a queen was all just so beautiful oh man and also her visiting her mother's grave empty-handed just made me want to cry oh god. and then scott oh man scott is actually higher up than isaac on my fave male characters list HE'S JUST SO ADORABLE I LOVE HIM TO NO END and ohhhh my god you had him saving up to take his mom to disneyland THAT'S THE CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD I WANT TO CRY HOPE HOW DO YOU GET THESE KIDS SO PERFECTLY? and also like even though isaac's feelings for him are front and center and are obviously so strong you can see how much scott treasures and loves isaac, even if it's not in the same way isaac does, just in their little interactions that you peppered throughout the story, like asking if he'll be in geometry and just UGH i don't think i've ever shipped a ship like i've shipped scisaac oh my god

and of course there's also derek and stiles who were just brilliant like derek warning him away from allison was just sweet and angsty and gorgeous i loved it and i like to think that he was probably conflating allison with kate in his mind at least a little and that he didn't want isaac to fall into that kind of mess wHICH IS JUST THE SWEETEST THING but even sweeter is that he wanted isaac to think of scott ahhh derek's so cute even though he tries so hard not to be and also stiles warning him away as well and that final, bittersweet line where he tells them he should have listened (also i adored that derek and stiles chased after him to a faraway train station like there was just something so beautifully sad about that line and how interesting it was that it was these two who followed him) and gaHH just everything about this was beyond perfection and i loved it and i have reread it multiple times and i'm gonna reread it probably another million times because it's amazing and you're amazing and i love you so much!
squeakyswings chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
"Why are you telling me all this?"

"Because you understand."

I gave up on life with those words pretty much. Too good too much tooooo perfect.

Oh and then you have to go and do this: "('Why do you have to be so damn brooding all the time?' Erica used to demand on occasion, but now she doesn't demand anything at all because she's dead and he was her friend but he couldn't do a single thing to stop it) and the earth somehow splits into uncountable pieces. All in all, not an optimistic prospect." and break my heart into really fucking tiny pieces with (a) the Erica feelings and (b) utter gorgeousness of the way you placed every single word in these sentences and I'm just all sighs and heartbreak over it, to be honest.

"Scott is the worst kind of best thing to ever happen to him." speaking of sighs and heartbreak damn Hope how do you continue to do it?

God okay and then Isaac's thoughts on Allison are utterly intriguing and perfect and really really well written. I just - this is canon okay Hope this is how he felt all throughout season 2 okay?

"think about scott, damn it" ohhh derek you silly adorable angsty dramatic fierce angry wolf thing you (for real though that dialogue was totally and completely perfect for him I could 100% see those lines rolling out in the middle of the show) (if they were going to do a love triangle which jeff davis says no because jeff davis is either baiting the fandom or listening to it because he says polyamory? god i hope so)

And then Stiles tries to be all mature too GOD I LOVE THIS FIC SO MUCH HOPE.

I really do. I know I'm mostly incoherent at the moment and I'm sorry my reviews never make any sense but I'm just madly in love with everything about this.
currents chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
And here are all the reasons why Scott/Isaac/Allison need to be thing, like right now. Ugh, i kind of wish the episode had been like this, because this was seven different types of perfect. Everytime I try to write Isaac, I can't quite get his voice right and you manage it spot on, it's fantastic.

Keep writing.

MistSpade chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
I love how you portrayed Isaac to be this insightful and forgiving towards Allison. Along with how you set the mood to this fanfic. It's amazing!
mh102938 chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
This. Is. Fucking. Beautiful.
DetectiveKateTodd chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
It was pretty good, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how Issac dealt with Allison.