Reviews for A Woman of Valor
TheChosenOne3 chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
This is one of the most well written stories I have ever read! I have read it twice and cried both times. It is hard to write a story that touches the heart, but you have done it so well. I swear when I figured out that Veronica was dead I gasped, which drew stares from my famliy, so I had to finish it in my room. This is one of those stories that stays with you, because it is so honest and heart-warming. I sincerely thank you for this story.
TLWROX chapter 1 . 12/6/2002
WHY did I not review this? No- I think I did. I remember doing so. Maybe I did at the mb. Well, I read it again and wanted to post an 'official' review here...

So- LOVED this. First of all, REALLY appreciated that it wasn't either Marguerite or Roxton who had died- I know- that's mean, but- if either one of them HAD, I would've been even MORE depressed... I liked the descriptions of the kids a lot... And it was REALLY well written how we kind of didn't guess that Marguerite was talking to herself till about the middle of the story...

This was just SO good, as sad as it was. Hope you write TONS more fics, Ry! :) :) :)
SunKrux chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Ry, you know I LOVE this one...but I wanted the rest of ffn to know this! You are AWESOME! :) Love yer twinny!
DNash chapter 1 . 9/5/2002
Lovely work, Ryalin! I enjoyed it very much. I found it to be romantic without being overly 'shippy, which I appreciate. The characterizations were great; I can see this being where Marguerite and Roxton are in 30 or so years.

You covered the challenge requirements well, too. ;-)
Jaclyn chapter 1 . 9/1/2002
[reviewing while reading]

Aww, nice imagery in the beginning...serene...

Like how we gradually find out that this is so much later than we think it is...first she's married, now she's a grandmother!

Love that about how Marguerite found peace with the Monet/Renoirs :)

LOVE how Marguerite brought pants for the rebellious aspect...I've thought about that a bit before...and then why does she seem to drop them in favor of skirts more often later on? Could it be that it has to do with looking feminine for a certain sexy hunter...? *shrug* I digress...

-How a quiet girl like Elizabeth could have given birth to a spitfire like Ronnie still bewilders me. Then again, how I could have given birth to a quiet girl like Elizabeth stunned just about everybody, especially you and Ned.-

LOLLLL...that's like my favorite line in the whole thing! *chuckle*

Oh good grief...the paragraph detailing M's encounter with Ronnie...*falls off chair laughing* Okay, I'm laughing so hard I started to tear...I could just totally see that in my head and it cracked me up...

Um, yeah, I was wondering this the entire time, since Veronica was so oddly silent...she's not really there, is she? *smacks forehead* (Is she dead...is that the tragedy?)

OH MY GOSH...she IS dead! *sob* Aww, Ry, I got chills...! And teary...awwww *sniffle*

So sweet that you included the Woman of Valor prayer...oh that was just so... :) :)

Ryyyy...so glad I read this...it's BRILLIANT! Brilliantly written and structured...amazing characterizations...loved the family you made for them...and great use of foreshadowing...awwww, this story was so INCREDIBLE...*happy*

Can't wait for your next one...you have talent, Ry...TALENT!
Eva chapter 1 . 8/31/2002
Ry, sweetie...I know I personally e-mailed you a glowing review on this one, but will make it official on the site. This melted my heart (my hard heart as of late) and brought a tear to my eye. I have always enjoyed daydreaming about the time when Roxton and Marguerite return to London and he makes her his wife and Lady Roxton. But it just brought it to life through your sweet vignette that after 35 years of marriage, children and grandchildren, they are both so very much in love with each other. And, finding out at the end that John had a memorial tombstone made for their good friend Veronica...ohhhhh...loved it. Of course, there were subtle hints throughout, but never put it all together until the end. Brilliantly done. Especially loved that you gave Roxton gray hairs peppered through that massive dark hair of his, but none would dare invade Marguerite's. Well done...my friend...an affectionate and loving prediction of our favorite couple's future.
Lex chapter 1 . 8/31/2002
Nicely written story, Ry! Very clevely unfolding of the plot: giving us one small clue, and then another, until we arrive at the sad conclusion that our suspicions were correct, and Marguerite is mourning her friend.

I liked the bit about Roxton's eyes still reflecting his hunger for Marguerite; that sent a nice little shiver down my spine! ;) And the quotation was wonderful.

Love and kisses - Lex
Tessa chapter 1 . 8/31/2002
What a wonderful story. I loved it. And I was ROTF when I read that little encounter between Marguerite and her granddaughter. LOL.
veggie5 chapter 1 . 8/31/2002
the part where Marguerite was telling the story of her granddaughter approaching her about a certain journal... absolutely hilarious! And i loved the ending! It was so sweet! :)
Jessie8 chapter 1 . 8/31/2002
WoW! How sweet! I love it! Really touching! Great work!
Beckers chapter 1 . 8/30/2002
Ry, this was lovely. It really was.